Author Topic: Chaos  (Read 35867 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Chaos
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2017, 06:08:50 PM »
I am going through this again ... I haven't even finished looking at your most recent updates.

Chaos Cultist

Minor Chaos Gift: At each level the chaos cultist either picks one of  the following abilities from two diferent major categories of his choice (Mutations, Wargear, Chaos Style), or can instead gamble with the gods and receive two at random from each category at each level! No specific gift may  be gained more than once unless noticed otherwise (if choosing randomly, re-roll repeated gifts that don't stack with themselves). Whenever the Chaos Cultist gains a level, he may remake his decision with his Chaos Gifts, including choosing either picking the ones he wants or gambling. However the Chaos Cultist  can't choose to pick some gifts to pick and other to gamble, neither to repick the gifts of some leves while gambling anothers. The Chaos Cultist must choose either pick or gamble with all levels.

Just to be clear, if you are a 2nd level Chaos Cultist, and you go to 3rd level, then you can choose for each of your 3 levels to either pick 2, or get 2 from each category at random.

Let's pretend
1st level:  rolled 6 (you liked them)
2nd level:  rolled 6 (didn't like)
3rd level:  you want to "rechoose previous levels".  If you choose to roll 1 level (2nd level) then you must reroll all levels.
That is correct.

Wargear:
Any save DCs are DC 10+Bab+Dex mod or Str mod(whichever's higher) unless otherwise noticed.

That very high save makes save effects increasingly dangerous ... +10 DC relative to a normal ability at 20th ...
You're right, changed to the standard 10+1/2 HD+stat mod.

Grenades

4 Blind Grenade- Range 50 feet, creatures in a 15 feet radius need to make a Fort save or be blinded for 1d4+1 rounds. This can affect constructs and undeads. Flat-footed creatures and creatures with special vulnerability to light take a further -4 penalty on this save.

This is a super-powerful ability ... especially considering it scales and becomes more dangerous at higher levels.  Something like color spray (which is one of the best 1st level spells) ... except:
* you can "cast" it more than once per turn ... eventually many times
* It has much better range
* it effects more
* it is harder to save against
Besides save being lower now, reduced the blind duration to 1 round.

Assault Guns

7 Flamer-This weapon affects a 30 feet cone dealing 1d6 fire damage (ignoring DR) and are set on fire. Creatures inside are allowed a reflex save to take no damage and not be set on fire.

What is the consequence of being set on fire?
Nanshork already nicely covered this.

Belief
Chaos Magic:
The Chaos Cultist picks two cantrips and one first level spell at first level from either the cleric or wizard list, becoming able to use them at-Will as SLAs with a caster level equal to his Chaos Champion level, but he must suceed on a Concentration check with DC 10+3*Spell level each time he uses them. Failure means the magic goes wild and the Chaos Cultist's maximum HP is reduced by an amount equal to the failed spell level for 24 hours ( failed cantrips thus cause no penalty besides a wasted action).  A natural 1 is always a failed concentration check with this ability. 

At 5 HD they may swap  their 1st level spell by an 2nd level spell and learn one more cantrip  and every  2 HD thereafter they can swap again for one spell of one level higher and gain one extra cantrip, up to 9th level spells.

This is quite a powerful ability (especially for 3rd level).  Some observations:
* 2 Cantrips is actually pretty good ...
*  infinite healing.   actually a problem, but it is yet another reason to view this as a quite powerful ability.  {EDIT:  Meant to say *not* actually a problem, but still a powerful ability}
* Detect Magic or Prestidigitation at will
* Other creative things ...

When combined with a good concentration check & abilities that allow you to make re-rolls (of which there are a few), you will fail only on a natural 1, rolled twice in a row.

This then suggests:
* 5th level --> Alter self at will (quite powerful, but probably ok) or Heroics at will (for a switchable martial study)
* 11th level --> Surge of Fortune
* 19th level --> Miracle (Cast almost any spell ...)

This "re-roll" ability doesn't come start to come online until 10th level with Exalted Prowess, and really rockin with 13th level Chaos Lady (Nexus of the Gods).  However, even without the re-roll capabilities, compared to a normal caster, you'd have way more HP, especially at 7th level once some gifts can give +1D10*HD

Right now I'm thinking that probably the best way to "fix" this is to limit the ability to re-roll.  It's a shame because I think unlimited casting is a really nifty ability, but there are a lot of Chaos abilities that allow unlimited re-rolls, and combined with amazing spell selection, it's really dangerous...
Good idea, added anti-re roll clause.

Also on the matter of unlimited healing, I'll point out that Tome of Battle already provides it from level 1 with that Martial Spirit 1st level stance. Just play somebody that really hates rocks/trees and presto, heal the whole party by stabbing the terrain over and over!

Chaos Warrior, Greater Belief:

Lunatic Craft-You can now use your Lunatic Craft to create magic items as if you had a caster level equal to your HD. You also count as knowing any spells needed for the item crafting. You need not pay exp, only 1/10 the item's total total gold cost. You take 10 minutes per each 1000 GP on the cost of the item to build it. Magic items with limited uses have a 20% chance of failing to do anything when activated but still count as expended. Magic items with uses per day have a 10% chance of failing to work when used but only 1% chance of breaking up (roll separately, so an item could suceed on working and still break up). Magic items with permanent/at-will effects have a 1% chance of breaking up whenever used or their abilities are relevant. So a belt of giant strenght would have 1% chance of breaking up whenever the wearer does a melee attack, strenght check or anything else that calls for the strenght score. Items that replicate spells that would demand expensive exp/gold cost demand those extra costs to be supplied for them to work.

Similar to the Chaos magic, the ability to do re-rolls from Chaos Lady (Nexus of the Gods) makes this *too* good.  Similarly with Chaos Lady (Dark Legion: Eye of the Gods).

You can craft a permanent item, and then only have it break 1 time / 10,000.  ...

Best,
David
Added anti re-roll clause too, thanks!

Offline DavidWL

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2017, 10:52:48 PM »
Slowly working through again :)

Chaos Warrior --> Chaos Style --> Impossible Infilitration

At 18 HD 1/hour you may reposition yourself into any position whitin sight as a free action. Don't ask how you did it. You just did. Also your miss chance gained from an Hide check no longer has a cap.

Probably should not have the hide check completely uncapped, or you become 100% miss chance at the cost of immediate action, which is probably too good.  I'd suggest just raising the cap to something high.  Particularly because at 18th level, this pick is virtually for free.

Chaos Champion

Mutations --> Legion --> Alpha Status.  When a paragon ability references "Paragon Level" what level should you use?

Mutations --> Plague -->
Abyss Rot- Such is the virulence of the Chaos Champion that she can infect others whitout any direct contact. The Chaos Champion becomes immune to diseases and poisons, altough they can still fester in her body whitout a time limit. As a fullround action the Chaos Champion can make everyone whitin 5 feet per HD suffer the effects of any one disease/poison currently inside himself, save DC becoming 10+1/2 HD+Con mod. If the Chaos Champion has 12 HD or more even creatures normally immune may be affected, but they gain a +5 bonus on their saves. Then you need to wait 1d4 rounds before being able to use this again.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Poisons

This can be 3D6 damage to a choice of (Str, Con) or 2D6 Dex(Colossal Monstrous Centipede)  at range, to all in an area, with secondary save required.  Also there are other poisons (blindness...)

Something like Shivering touch (bit less damage) reached, chained (more damage to the other targets) is something like an 8th level spell. Weaker because less Dex damage, but stronger because of vastly more choice.

I like the idea, but probably needs some kind of penalty to balance it.

Armor -->
20 Raptor Pack-This works as the Power Armor from the Chaos Warrior, but comes with extra systems, either mechanical wings or infernal jets that allow the Chaos Champion to fly with perfect maneuverability at triple her base speed, and gains a +1d6 bonus on the first charge attack and damage roll she makes on a flying charge. If the chaos champion rolls a natural 1 on an attack roll or saving throw while airborne she instantly falls to the ground as something jams however. Every extra time this is picked the Power Armor is improved as if you had taken Power Armor again and your flight speed increases an extra amount equal to your base speed.

I don't think you should have to roll on every attack or fall because you could easily have 10 attacks, and thus fall every other round... maybe just on saves...

I24 Icon of Excess- Not actually an armor, but must be held in plain view in either the neck, belt, head or an hand slot. You and all non-lawful non-good allies whitin 60 feet can delay damage and other negative effects on themselves for 1d12 rounds unless the effect/damage would kill them right away. Nobody can benefit by more than one Icon at once, if there would be multiple Icons whitin range, only one applies at random..

That seems a bit strong.  I'd think a disadvantage should be added.  Just for yourself it is powerful, but for a large group, it is amazingly powerful.

Compare this to the power "feel no pain" (Chaos Champion --> Chaos Style --> Plague) which is really quite powerful even at 1D4 rounds only for the character.

Eye of the Abyss
--> CR-4 ... let's assume we have Chaos Champion (9th level) against many 6th level mooks.  Given powerful area attacks, it is entirely reasonable to believe that he'll kill 12 the first round, meaning:  +2 all attributes, +1 all D20 rolls, extra attack on full attack, confused.  And this would happen in most mass battles.  It's a bit strange.

Slowly making my way through again. 

Once again, thanks for these cool  :cool classes!

Best,
David

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2017, 10:42:01 AM »
Slowly working through again :)

Chaos Warrior --> Chaos Style --> Impossible Infilitration

At 18 HD 1/hour you may reposition yourself into any position whitin sight as a free action. Don't ask how you did it. You just did. Also your miss chance gained from an Hide check no longer has a cap.

Probably should not have the hide check completely uncapped, or you become 100% miss chance at the cost of immediate action, which is probably too good.  I'd suggest just raising the cap to something high.  Particularly because at 18th level, this pick is virtually for free.
Just removed the cap removal to play it safe since indeed it's a pretty cheap pick on the long run. Also made most of those bonus profane.

Chaos Champion

Mutations --> Legion --> Alpha Status.  When a paragon ability references "Paragon Level" what level should you use?
Added total sum of chaos class levels -5, minimum 1.

Mutations --> Plague -->
Abyss Rot- Such is the virulence of the Chaos Champion that she can infect others whitout any direct contact. The Chaos Champion becomes immune to diseases and poisons, altough they can still fester in her body whitout a time limit. As a fullround action the Chaos Champion can make everyone whitin 5 feet per HD suffer the effects of any one disease/poison currently inside himself, save DC becoming 10+1/2 HD+Con mod. If the Chaos Champion has 12 HD or more even creatures normally immune may be affected, but they gain a +5 bonus on their saves. Then you need to wait 1d4 rounds before being able to use this again.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Poisons

This can be 3D6 damage to a choice of (Str, Con) or 2D6 Dex(Colossal Monstrous Centipede)  at range, to all in an area, with secondary save required.  Also there are other poisons (blindness...)

Something like Shivering touch (bit less damage) reached, chained (more damage to the other targets) is something like an 8th level spell. Weaker because less Dex damage, but stronger because of vastly more choice.

I like the idea, but probably needs some kind of penalty to balance it.

Well, it is a fullround action to use and relatively short ranged. Reduced the range and increased the "cooldown".

Armor -->
20 Raptor Pack-This works as the Power Armor from the Chaos Warrior, but comes with extra systems, either mechanical wings or infernal jets that allow the Chaos Champion to fly with perfect maneuverability at triple her base speed, and gains a +1d6 bonus on the first charge attack and damage roll she makes on a flying charge. If the chaos champion rolls a natural 1 on an attack roll or saving throw while airborne she instantly falls to the ground as something jams however. Every extra time this is picked the Power Armor is improved as if you had taken Power Armor again and your flight speed increases an extra amount equal to your base speed.

I don't think you should have to roll on every attack or fall because you could easily have 10 attacks, and thus fall every other round... maybe just on saves...
Good point, done.

I24 Icon of Excess- Not actually an armor, but must be held in plain view in either the neck, belt, head or an hand slot. You and all non-lawful non-good allies whitin 60 feet can delay damage and other negative effects on themselves for 1d12 rounds unless the effect/damage would kill them right away. Nobody can benefit by more than one Icon at once, if there would be multiple Icons whitin range, only one applies at random..

That seems a bit strong.  I'd think a disadvantage should be added.  Just for yourself it is powerful, but for a large group, it is amazingly powerful.

Compare this to the power "feel no pain" (Chaos Champion --> Chaos Style --> Plague) which is really quite powerful even at 1D4 rounds only for the character.
Added a penalty to Wis skills/checks and Will saves.

Eye of the Abyss
--> CR-4 ... let's assume we have Chaos Champion (9th level) against many 6th level mooks.  Given powerful area attacks, it is entirely reasonable to believe that he'll kill 12 the first round, meaning:  +2 all attributes, +1 all D20 rolls, extra attack on full attack, confused.  And this would happen in most mass battles.  It's a bit strange.
One level 6 enemy: CR 6.
Two level 6 enemy: CR 8.
Four level 6 enemy: CR 10.
Eight level 6 enemy: CR 12.
Twelve level 6 enemies: CR 13

If you're level 9, a dozen level 6 enemies is not a bunch of expendable mooks, it's supposed to actually be quite a dangerous encounter on the limit of what you're supposed to be able to take head on (your own level+4). If you can one-shot them all in one go, congrats, there should be nobody else left to fight.

Slowly making my way through again. 

Once again, thanks for these cool  :cool classes!

Best,
David

And thank you for your detailed review!  :)

Offline DavidWL

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2017, 11:07:04 AM »
Chaos Champion --> Eye of the Abyss

If you're level 9, a dozen level 6 enemies is not a bunch of expendable mooks, it's supposed to actually be quite a dangerous encounter on the limit of what you're supposed to be able to take head on (your own level+4). If you can one-shot them all in one go, congrats, there should be nobody else left to fight.

There are a number of area save or loose/die:
* Abyss rot (all in 5'/HD)
* Plasma Cannon-An oversized plasma gun, 200 feet range, deals 6d6 damage (half fire/half electricity, ignores DR) in a 15 feet radius.  Multiple that by 3 attacks
* Incinerator-Deals 7d6  damage (half fire, half force) in a 60 feet cone.  Multiply that by 3 attacks.
* Cursed Grenades-40 feet range, deals 7d8-7 acid damage in a 30 feet radius

With the many abilities that allow rerolls (for damage or attack), extra attacks, and raised DCs or attributes, it is very likely you can kill many.

Example:  Incinerator.  3 attacks.  assume 1 save.  17D6 ~ 60 HP of damage at 9th level.  When you are facing 6th level opponents, that will kill a lot of them.

And the ability to kill many at once goes up dramatically with abilities in later levels.

Chaos Warrior --> Armor --> Power Armor
Power Armor- This armor houses a variety of complex mechanisms. Grants +10 AC bonus, +4 Max Dex, -6 skill penalty, 50% ASF,  DR 10/adamantine, and resistance 10 against Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, Negative energy and Sonic damage. Additionally, it provides 25% fortification, a +4 enanchment bonus to Strength and a +2 resistance bonus to Fortitude saves. Medium Armor. Plus pick one of the following extras:

After thinking about it, it is just too good for it's level.  Giving 10 DR + 10 all resistances +4 Str +2 Fort + 1 extra (reroll an attack, for example) and at 4th level this makes him too tough.   Maybe lower the DR to 6?  (Which is still very good)

Chaos Champion --> Armor --> Malefic Tome
Probably should have a no re-roll clause. 

Best,
David

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2017, 01:14:00 PM »
Chaos Champion --> Eye of the Abyss

There are a number of area save or loose/die:
* Abyss rot (all in 5'/HD)
* Plasma Cannon-An oversized plasma gun, 200 feet range, deals 6d6 damage (half fire/half electricity, ignores DR) in a 15 feet radius.  Multiple that by 3 attacks
* Incinerator-Deals 7d6  damage (half fire, half force) in a 60 feet cone.  Multiply that by 3 attacks.
* Cursed Grenades-40 feet range, deals 7d8-7 acid damage in a 30 feet radius

With the many abilities that allow rerolls (for damage or attack), extra attacks, and raised DCs or attributes, it is very likely you can kill many.

Example:  Incinerator.  3 attacks.  assume 1 save.  17D6 ~ 60 HP of damage at 9th level.  When you are facing 6th level opponents, that will kill a lot of them.

And the ability to kill many at once goes up dramatically with abilities in later levels.
I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying that it's quite rare to face a group of bunched enemies neatly packed together that happen to be of your CR-4.

Anyway I can understand your worries so made Eye of the Abyss trigger only at the end of turn and won't trigger more than once regardless of how many you kill.

Chaos Warrior --> Armor --> Power Armor
Power Armor- This armor houses a variety of complex mechanisms. Grants +10 AC bonus, +4 Max Dex, -6 skill penalty, 50% ASF,  DR 10/adamantine, and resistance 10 against Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, Negative energy and Sonic damage. Additionally, it provides 25% fortification, a +4 enanchment bonus to Strength and a +2 resistance bonus to Fortitude saves. Medium Armor. Plus pick one of the following extras:

After thinking about it, it is just too good for it's level.  Giving 10 DR + 10 all resistances +4 Str +2 Fort + 1 extra (reroll an attack, for example) and at 4th level this makes him too tough.   Maybe lower the DR to 6?  (Which is still very good)
Done. Also nerfed the drakescale plate.

Chaos Champion --> Armor --> Malefic Tome
Probably should have a no re-roll clause. 

Best,
David
Done too, although I should point out it's a gift from the Chaos Chosen, not the Champion. :p

Offline DavidWL

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2017, 03:35:37 AM »
Chaos Lady - Warband not near Perks

I wonder if these are too strong?  Keep in mind they first start to come online at 13th level ... (but they look more balanced for 17th level).  I think they are all very cool, but wonder if they should be granted later.

Some in specific

The Despoiler-Each time an enemy attacks you or you attack them, you can either choose to automatically remove one of their items and put it on your possession or they take a -2 penalty on ML, CL, IL, all 1d20  and damage rolls against you while you receive a +2 bonus on the same things against them, cumulative. No single enemy may be affected by this more than 1/round. The bonus/penalties last until either of you hasn't attacked the other for 1 minute.

Steal an item with no save and no action cost is pretty strong ... I realize that sleight of hand is already broken, but I don't know that it should be compounded.

Talon of Chaos Undivided-You gain a claw natural attack (if you already had one, increase its damage die by one size) that adds twice your Str mod to damage instead of normal, +5 enchantment bonus to attack and damage rolls, can perform iterative attacks, ignores all bonus to AC besides Dex and Dodge. When you hit an enemy in melee you can either end all spell/power/boost/stance effects on them or destroy their armor, shield or natural armor as a free action, although it's mysteriously restored in 1d12 rounds. The first time anyone attacks you in melee each round, the weapon they used is destroyed, but it mysteriously restores itself in 1d12 rounds. Finally the Talon of Chaos Undivided can be used as a ranged assault weapon with range 30 feet, although its enhancement bonus drops to +3 and only adds your Str mod once to damage.

Similarly, super powerful, no save, no action cost ability.

The Eternal-If somebody kills/destroys you, they must make a Will save with DC 10+1/2 HD+ Str mod or start transforming on you over the course of 1d12 rounds. At the end of the transformation they have become your character and you take control. Even if they make the save they must attempt it again every 1d12 hours, each extra time increasing it by 1. If they ever gloat/brag/smile/similar about killing you or otherwise show satisfaction for the deed then they count as automatically failing the save. Even constructs and mindless creatures will find themselves tempted by pride. If you're ressurected or otherwise brought back to life before then the one that killed/destroyed you is no longer in danger.

Similarly ... there would be no way to kill you.  Worse (although cool) ... you could defeat anyone, but getting them to kill you.  Kill a high level epic character by goading him to kill you (at 13th level) ...

The Tyrant's Due-Gain one extra Minor, Greater, Exalted and Ascendant Gift of Chaos.

I assume this was also supposed to give a glorious gift?

Once again, thanks for all of your cool material!

Best,
David

Offline Yasahiro

• Lurker
  • I am new, but not unexperienced.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2017, 08:36:04 AM »
No reference at all towards Cultist chan, I see?
"If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2017, 03:05:00 AM »
Chaos Lady - Warband not near Perks

I wonder if these are too strong?  Keep in mind they first start to come online at 13th level ... (but they look more balanced for 17th level).  I think they are all very cool, but wonder if they should be granted later.

Some in specific

The Despoiler-Each time an enemy attacks you or you attack them, you can either choose to automatically remove one of their items and put it on your possession or they take a -2 penalty on ML, CL, IL, all 1d20  and damage rolls against you while you receive a +2 bonus on the same things against them, cumulative. No single enemy may be affected by this more than 1/round. The bonus/penalties last until either of you hasn't attacked the other for 1 minute.

Steal an item with no save and no action cost is pretty strong ... I realize that sleight of hand is already broken, but I don't know that it should be compounded.
Added Reflex save to resist the stealing.

Talon of Chaos Undivided-You gain a claw natural attack (if you already had one, increase its damage die by one size) that adds twice your Str mod to damage instead of normal, +5 enchantment bonus to attack and damage rolls, can perform iterative attacks, ignores all bonus to AC besides Dex and Dodge. When you hit an enemy in melee you can either end all spell/power/boost/stance effects on them or destroy their armor, shield or natural armor as a free action, although it's mysteriously restored in 1d12 rounds. The first time anyone attacks you in melee each round, the weapon they used is destroyed, but it mysteriously restores itself in 1d12 rounds. Finally the Talon of Chaos Undivided can be used as a ranged assault weapon with range 30 feet, although its enhancement bonus drops to +3 and only adds your Str mod once to damage.

Similarly, super powerful, no save, no action cost ability.
Added saves, limited the first ability to 1/round.

The Eternal-If somebody kills/destroys you, they must make a Will save with DC 10+1/2 HD+ Str mod or start transforming on you over the course of 1d12 rounds. At the end of the transformation they have become your character and you take control. Even if they make the save they must attempt it again every 1d12 hours, each extra time increasing it by 1. If they ever gloat/brag/smile/similar about killing you or otherwise show satisfaction for the deed then they count as automatically failing the save. Even constructs and mindless creatures will find themselves tempted by pride. If you're ressurected or otherwise brought back to life before then the one that killed/destroyed you is no longer in danger.

Similarly ... there would be no way to kill you.  Worse (although cool) ... you could defeat anyone, but getting them to kill you.  Kill a high level epic character by goading him to kill you (at 13th level) ...
Well if you're an epic character and you haven't found a way to make saves even on a natural 1, you're doing it wrong I would say. :p

However agree it's a bit too much so removed the cumulative increasing and made it every 1d12 days instead of hours. That way an epic character can keep you sealed inside themselves. Or there's the typical "disable but not kill" effects.

Or have somebody kill you and then kill them too before they transform. :P

The Tyrant's Due-Gain one extra Minor, Greater, Exalted and Ascendant Gift of Chaos.

I assume this was also supposed to give a glorious gift?
Ups, yes.

Once again, thanks for all of your cool material!

Best,
David
Always good to hear people are enjoying this.

Added FOR KAYOZ chaos style gift.

Offline Yasahiro

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2017, 09:11:01 AM »

Added FOR KAYOZ chaos style gift.

Perfect! Thank you!

Offline DavidWL

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2017, 04:18:23 AM »
A few thoughts on builds:

Diplomancer:
  • Chaos Champion Mutation:  Noise:  Hermaphrodite → +1 step friendlier and others must save to attack
  • Chaos Chosen Mutation: Noise:  Soporific Musk → +1 step friendlier if indifferent.  50% miss vs no area
  • Chaos Chosen: Chaos Style: Legion: First Among Traitors - be any alignment.  Non good non lawfull +1 step friendlier
  • Chaos Lad: Chaos Style: -Noise: Idol of Mindless Devotion → You gain +1d12 to Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Sense Motive and Intimidate checks. All creatures are one step friendlier towards you and cannot become more hostile even if you attack/harm them. Those that would be friendly or better to you will never try to attack or harm you even under magic compulsion

Costs you about 1/3rd or 1/4th of your picks ... but most creatures will be at least 2 levels friendlier (stops fights immediately) and if you walk into a den of bad guys who don't have anything particular against you, you can make all of them immediately fanatic ...

Leader of Minions:
  • Chaos Champion - Wargear - Armor: Icon of Excess → All in 60 ft: Delay negative effects that aren’t deadly 1D12 rounds
  • Chaos Lady - Mutation - Noise: Nexus of Debauchery → You and non-lawful non-good allies within 60 feet have 50% chance of ignoring any harm, doesn't stack
  • Chaos Lady - Mutation Aether Stride-You and all non-lawful non-good allies within 30 feet ignore hard terrain and at the start of their turn can count as ethereal for 1 round (or non-ethereal if they were ethereal). Each extra time you pick this increase the ally range by 30 feet.
  • Chaos Lady - Chaos Style - Legion: Alpha Army: Cult Leader → Your non-lawful non-good allies of 3 HD or less within 120 feet gain +2d12 to all 1d20 rolls and damage rolls, Evasion, Mettle and at the start of your turn there's a 50% chance any losses among them are replaced by newcomers anywhere within sight with the same exact stats that pick up the fallen's gear (if any) right away to keep fighting. Unrecovered losses are replaced within 24 hours anyway. Each extra time you pick this increase the range by 120 feet.
  • If possible, also take the chaos lady mutation --> Legion: Dark Legion: Eye of Gods → all non-damage non-d20s are re-rolled.
Takes most of your highest level picks, but ...
* 50% chance to ignore bad stuff,
* If not immediately killed, bad stuff is delayed 1D12 rounds
* Ethereal at will
* huge bonuses
* & ... minions keep coming back

Caster
  • Chaos Lady - Chaos Style - Rubric: Lord of Forbidden Lore
  • Chaos Lady - Armor: Athenaean Scrolls → if cast a harmful spell or SLA it has a 50% chance of ignoring all SR, AMFs, ignores contingencies/similar and cannot be countered or reacted by any immediate/free action effects.
  • Chaos Chosen - Armor - Malefic Tome → Cast any Evil or Chaos spell 5th level or lower

Add in some HP boosting abilities (easy to get +2D12 to CON, and +2D10/HD for ~ 17*HD extra HP) and some other magic casting abilities, and you'd be able to cast 20 spells of each level and still have more HP than most people (virtually limitless spells), along with some other fantastic perks.

Finally, let me call out some extra powerful gifts:
* Chaos Champion: Changing ways lets you reroll untill you get at least 1 gift you want .. and it can function on gifts of much higher levels
* Chaos Chosen: No Remorse --> All undead immunities with no downsides is awesome
* Chaos Chosen: The Reaper --> Mystic Free action movement is amazing.

Best,
David

Offline DavidWL

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2017, 04:19:08 AM »
What do you think about finishing it off?  Inquiring minds want to know!    :clap :clap :clap

Offline DavidWL

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2017, 01:51:38 AM »
Ecastic Duplication-As a fullround action you can split yourself in two copies of yourself 1 level back. Regular equipment must be divided between you two, and you share the same pool of exp and limited use abilities. If either copy dies, it dissolves and melts into useless goo. If the other copy isn't slain whitin 24 hours, it absorbs the lost essence and becomes “you” again at full level. Both copies can also unite again as a fullround action.

I just realized this could be recursive... Super cool, but at an only -1 level penalty probably too strong.

At 15th level you can become 16 11th level characters...seems a bit strong.  If it where minus 2 then it would be 16 7th level characters, which may be too weak.  Argh!  I think probably best to leave as-is in light of leadership, etc.

Still, cool stuff!

Bear
David

Offline Yasahiro

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2017, 07:58:05 AM »
Is it possible to have both a Chainsword and Great Weapon from Gear section in minor chaos belief be same thing or not really?

Offline TC X0 Lt 0X

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • The TC Storywriter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2017, 10:51:32 PM »
Ecastic Duplication-As a fullround action you can split yourself in two copies of yourself 1 level back. Regular equipment must be divided between you two, and you share the same pool of exp and limited use abilities. If either copy dies, it dissolves and melts into useless goo. If the other copy isn't slain whitin 24 hours, it absorbs the lost essence and becomes “you” again at full level. Both copies can also unite again as a fullround action.

I just realized this could be recursive... Super cool, but at an only -1 level penalty probably too strong.

At 15th level you can become 16 11th level characters...seems a bit strong.  If it where minus 2 then it would be 16 7th level characters, which may be too weak.  Argh!  I think probably best to leave as-is in light of leadership, etc.

Still, cool stuff!

Bear
David

Well it can be recursive up to the level before you get the class feature, at which point you lose the class feature.
Im really bad at what I do.
A+

Offline DavidWL

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2017, 09:58:24 PM »

Still, cool stuff!

Bear
David

Well it can be recursive up to the level before you get the class feature, at which point you lose the class feature.

And very interestingly, if you combine with (Chaos Champion: Mutation: Rubric: Changing of the Ways), you can have a party in a box, as each of your duplicates can have a different build ... all of which are "you".

Probably more interestingly, you could design each for cross-synergy.

Best,
David

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2017, 10:57:55 PM »
A few thoughts on builds:

Diplomancer:
  • Chaos Champion Mutation:  Noise:  Hermaphrodite → +1 step friendlier and others must save to attack
  • Chaos Chosen Mutation: Noise:  Soporific Musk → +1 step friendlier if indifferent.  50% miss vs no area
  • Chaos Chosen: Chaos Style: Legion: First Among Traitors - be any alignment.  Non good non lawfull +1 step friendlier
  • Chaos Lad: Chaos Style: -Noise: Idol of Mindless Devotion → You gain +1d12 to Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Sense Motive and Intimidate checks. All creatures are one step friendlier towards you and cannot become more hostile even if you attack/harm them. Those that would be friendly or better to you will never try to attack or harm you even under magic compulsion

Costs you about 1/3rd or 1/4th of your picks ... but most creatures will be at least 2 levels friendlier (stops fights immediately) and if you walk into a den of bad guys who don't have anything particular against you, you can make all of them immediately fanatic ...
Good point, made them all non-stacking in regards to attitude increasing.

Leader of Minions:
  • Chaos Champion - Wargear - Armor: Icon of Excess → All in 60 ft: Delay negative effects that aren’t deadly 1D12 rounds
  • Chaos Lady - Mutation - Noise: Nexus of Debauchery → You and non-lawful non-good allies within 60 feet have 50% chance of ignoring any harm, doesn't stack
  • Chaos Lady - Mutation Aether Stride-You and all non-lawful non-good allies within 30 feet ignore hard terrain and at the start of their turn can count as ethereal for 1 round (or non-ethereal if they were ethereal). Each extra time you pick this increase the ally range by 30 feet.
  • Chaos Lady - Chaos Style - Legion: Alpha Army: Cult Leader → Your non-lawful non-good allies of 3 HD or less within 120 feet gain +2d12 to all 1d20 rolls and damage rolls, Evasion, Mettle and at the start of your turn there's a 50% chance any losses among them are replaced by newcomers anywhere within sight with the same exact stats that pick up the fallen's gear (if any) right away to keep fighting. Unrecovered losses are replaced within 24 hours anyway. Each extra time you pick this increase the range by 120 feet.
  • If possible, also take the chaos lady mutation --> Legion: Dark Legion: Eye of Gods → all non-damage non-d20s are re-rolled.
Takes most of your highest level picks, but ...
* 50% chance to ignore bad stuff,
* If not immediately killed, bad stuff is delayed 1D12 rounds
* Ethereal at will
* huge bonuses
* & ... minions keep coming back
Well the only minions coming back right away are those with 3 HD or less, aka the chumps. And once you go into a specific legion, you cannot pick another. Needs to be renegade as well to dip from all devotions. Otherwise yes a "leader" build is intended, and as you point out will cost most of your high level picks.

Caster
  • Chaos Lady - Armor: Athenaean Scrolls → if cast a harmful spell or SLA it has a 50% chance of ignoring all SR, AMFs, ignores contingencies/similar and cannot be countered or reacted by any immediate/free action effects.
  • Chaos Chosen - Armor - Malefic Tome → Cast any Evil or Chaos spell 5th level or lower

Add in some HP boosting abilities (easy to get +2D12 to CON, and +2D10/HD for ~ 17*HD extra HP) and some other magic casting abilities, and you'd be able to cast 20 spells of each level and still have more HP than most people (virtually limitless spells), along with some other fantastic perks.
But you're still limited to an average CL of 6-7 and cap at 5th level spells at character level 13.

Finally, let me call out some extra powerful gifts:
* Chaos Champion: Changing ways lets you reroll untill you get at least 1 gift you want .. and it can function on gifts of much higher levels
* Chaos Chosen: No Remorse --> All undead immunities with no downsides is awesome
* Chaos Chosen: The Reaper --> Mystic Free action movement is amazing.

Best,
David
Made changing ways single gift change to 1/day.
Undead immunities pretty sweet yes but you can still be dealt with by plain chopping/shooting.
Added penalty to the Reaper that if you use it, you can only attack adjacent enemies until the end of your turn.

What do you think about finishing it off?  Inquiring minds want to know!    :clap :clap :clap
Definitely intend to do it, but busybusybusy. Still, only Demon Princess left! (don't suppose anybody has a pic for that?)

Is it possible to have both a Chainsword and Great Weapon from Gear section in minor chaos belief be same thing or not really?

Not really since chainsword is based on longsword that's not a two-handed weapon.

Offline Yasahiro

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2017, 05:51:47 AM »

Not really since chainsword is based on longsword that's not a two-handed weapon.

Well that's a shame. Because you later get weapons that act like Power Weapon but with additional stuff, you get weapons that essentially have chainsword properties but better, while the poor Great Weapon is left behind. It's ability to hit several squares, increasing with size, really interests me and fits for a character with titanic or so template, in gestalt mostly, but chainsword and weapons above tend to ignore DR and/or sources of AC and colossal and above creatures really have a hard time dealing with penalties to hit, because the monster class stat boosts aren't enough. Is there no way to make a higher tier weapon have that Great Weapon property to bullrush or attack multiple tiles, size dependent?

Edit: oh wait, it's a reflex check... so Evasion works against it. Hm. It still is DC equal to attack roll. Can it even be enchanted? I really like idea of each attack covering an area.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:00:39 AM by Yasahiro »

Offline DavidWL

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2017, 01:36:50 AM »
All your changes were good - Thanks!
Caster

But you're still limited to an average CL of 6-7 and cap at 5th level spells at character level 13.

Right ... but you'd have other abilities to cast spells as well ...
Chaos Champion --> Mutation --> Rubric --> Aspiring Sorcerer gives you a level appropriate spell, caster level = HD
Chaos Lady --> Mutation --> Word Legion --> Latent Powers
or even just Chaos Magic.

It will be better than you describe above ... the above is true for the Malefic Tome as a seed, but there are a number of others that would give better CL and/or higher level spells ...

Not a problem, just an observation.

Best,
David

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2018, 10:44:19 AM »
MHAAAHHAHAHAHA!
TREMBLE AND DESPAIR MORTALS!

Demon Princess finally done! Well, still a bit rough around the edges but all the crunchy bits should be there. Need sleep now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2018, 09:56:24 PM »
MHAAAHHAHAHAHA!
TREMBLE AND DESPAIR MORTALS!

Demon Princess finally done! Well, still a bit rough around the edges but all the crunchy bits should be there. Need sleep now.

But now there are only 18 levels of Chaos classes!  18!  That isn't 20!

Is this deliberate so as to drive people insane and fuel more chaos?   :P