Author Topic: Chapter I: Legend of Griselda-Pirates Awakening  (Read 165122 times)

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
Re: Chapter I: Legend of Griselda-Pirates Awakening
« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2012, 05:58:54 PM »
Accessing Diplomatic Directive and Discretionary System (3DS)

> Inferrence: Humor is gained from manner of speech
> Situational Analysis: Speech was not meant to garner humor
> Assessment: Choose one of the following actions and express:

-- Pose Inquiry for Further Study
-- Ignore Current Social Situation
-- Join in Unintended Merryment
-- Terminate Youngling

Rabbit chuckled along with Jeremy. "Unintentional, I assure you."
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 24, 2012, 06:14:49 PM »
The explanation was revealing, though some of its references flew right through, their implications so weird she did no dare think of it further.
Their day duration being their norm was puzzling, though.
"My, how convenient!"
She counted mentally, comparing the durations of his terms with her own.
"Yup. Really convenient." She twirled a finger in her curls pensively. "But so strange."

[-Ready to skip to the breakfast-]

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #202 on: July 25, 2012, 09:24:34 AM »
Rabbit joins the others in the boat, giving a nod to the fishermen as he does. "What else can be said. Humans enjoy being right."

[- Prepped for time jump -]
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 25, 2012, 11:26:28 AM »
♪ Break-fast, Break-fast... BREAKFAST! ♪

As Kurt waits on the boat, he notice's the others getting in, including Pha and Kong, who had not been there for when Kurt had greeted the others.

Well, it seemed to have been right to say earlier.

"A pleasant morning to you gentlemen."
Directed toward Pha and Kong.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2012, 06:07:07 PM »
Kong nods with a smile to the bouncy, small warrior-thing from the day before. "And you." He could understand the merriment for morning eats. He was quite hungry himself, and with the test he had in mind, he thought it might be best to attempt it on a full stomach. If the others even approved of the plan...
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2012, 07:42:36 PM »
As you walk to the city most of the villagers you cross greet you with merry faces, altough some seem to avoid eye contact and change their courses away from you. The elves... The elves look at you with penetrating eyes, and the feeling you get from them could either be the one of a wild animal glaring at a rival or the eyes of a professional admiring another. Maybe both.

The barracks is a large and sturdy wood and stone building on the back of Molinda, combined with the city's wall. Over its main door you can see a sculpted triforce over a large Steel Shield, the usual sign of the Hyrulian Guard. A sentry welcomes you and steps to let you pass as you aproach.

You surely must be the heroes that defeated the pirate boss yesterday right? Pity I didn't get to see any of it, I was stationed on guard duty in the other side of the city, but you indeed look like you're no ordinary warriors! And you're... Oh Great Fairy, you bless us with your presence.

Pha gets a gracious bow from the sentry as she moves inside. In the main barracks corridor you can instantly sense the sound of talking, laughter and the smell of food coming from inside. After a couple dozen steps across several closed doors you see an open one, leading to an huge room filled with half a dozen long wooden tables filled with trays of tropical fruit, grilled meats, bread loafs, and jars of water and milk. Dozens of soldiers in green tunics (many of them with visible bandages in diferent parts of their bodies) sit around those tables eating and talking in a cacophany of sounds. When they notice you entering they break out cheering and clapping, inviting you all inside while throwing an avalanche of questions. Then a figure in the central table-the captain, in armor and sword at his side-  rises and makes a sign with his hand and the room instantly quiets down.

Show some discipline guards. These adventurers need to recover their strenght from yesterday's battle. I'm sure they'll be more than willing to answer your questions. Now
-the captain directs the next words at you- Please pick a seat and share in our food. You're welcome to stay with us as long as you like.

Then you spot a figure rising from the side of the captain and aproaching you directly. Its face seems somewhat familiar... One of the sailors released from the pirate's ship yersterday, wearing an Hyrulian Guard tunic. He looks in much better shape than yesterday, a middle-aged man with dark brown eyes, short brown hair and beard, well-built and with some old scars under its healing bruises. Glancing at the table again, you now notice the other sailors siting at the captain's table as well, in fresh green guard tunics as well.

Ah, such good luck to find you here! Name's Gomer, and the captain was kind enough to house me and my mates for the night in this place and gave us some new clothes. Nice guy, but keeps trying to get us to join the military, but we're all sailors at heart, been so most of our lives, and just because we had some bad luck with pirates we aren't gonna change jobs. He also told us that the ship where you rescued us from is now yours, so I was thinking... You're gonna need a crew right? Me and my mates would be more than willing to work for you, if you would take us. This island looks like a nice place and all, but none of us feels like setling down just yet...

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 07:44:17 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 30, 2012, 07:36:39 PM »
The glares of the elves didn't bother Pha so much but she couldn't help but feel something... not good... was brewing with them. That they were going to have breakfast with the garrison probably didn't help.

Quote from: Sentry
Oh Great Fairy, you bless us with your presence.
"I know, right?"
She scratched her cheek with two fingers, a little embarrassed.
OOooh dear. I am so not supposed to be here. If they ever hear of it I'll get in so much trouble!

She gave him a courteous but short bow in reply and went in.
Pha took a seat when prompted and listened on.

She stared at Gomer with mild amusement and curiosity.
"Sure! Why not?"
Hovering a bit higher, if only to feel taller.
"We're not crossing the seas for a bit, though, maybe later this week. You guys take it easy t'ill then."

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #207 on: July 30, 2012, 09:53:31 PM »
As you walk to the city most of the villagers you cross greet you with merry faces, altough some seem to avoid eye contact and change their courses away from you. The elves... The elves look at you with penetrating eyes, and the feeling you get from them could either be the one of a wild animal glaring at a rival or the eyes of a professional admiring another. Maybe both.

It's around that moment that Rabbit decides to remove his helmet.

Then you spot a figure rising from the side of the captain and aproaching you directly. Its face seems somewhat familiar... One of the sailors released from the pirate's ship yersterday, wearing an Hyrulian Guard tunic. He looks in much better shape than yesterday, a middle-aged man with dark brown eyes, short brown hair and beard, well-built and with some old scars under its healing bruises. Glancing at the table again, you now notice the other sailors siting at the captain's table as well, in fresh green guard tunics as well.

Ah, such good luck to find you here! Name's Gomer, and the captain was kind enough to house me and my mates for the night in this place and gave us some new clothes. Nice guy, but keeps trying to get us to join the military, but we're all sailors at heart, been so most of our lives, and just because we had some bad luck with pirates we aren't gonna change jobs. He also told us that the ship where you rescued us from is now yours, so I was thinking... You're gonna need a crew right? Me and my mates would be more than willing to work for you, if you would take us. This island looks like a nice place and all, but none of us feels like setling down just yet...

"As stated, we do not intend to use the craft in question for some time." Rabbit remarked as he sat down and prepared to eat First Meal. "Any decision regarding destination, crew, and other arrangements can be discussed upon our return."

The Pirate Trooper reached for the meat first. Breads and Cheeses would follow, along with fruit. "Your offer of service is appreciated."
Link to my homebrews

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 02, 2012, 02:38:46 AM »
Kong raises an eyebrow at Rabbit's bold choice. Not that he cared; he was just as strange looking in comparison to the fleshy creatures that inhabited this place. Humans were so strange. Rabbit was somewhat comforting to be around, being strange like Kong.

He didn't care much about the poor sailor, though he could understand his pain. Still, something about his approach and story seemed contrived... Kong couldn't place exactly what was wrong, but there was something that he didn't quite like. Something dishonest. He was glad when Rabbit broke off to grab some food. He followed, grabbed the fruit while Rabbit went for meat - no judgement, different swipes - and whispered, "Something odd there..."

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #209 on: August 02, 2012, 11:09:51 AM »
He followed, grabbed the fruit while Rabbit went for meat - no judgement, different swipes - and whispered, "Something odd there..."

"You mean with the prisoners recently released being so eager to return to the ship of their captivity? Volunteering has a different set of stigma attached to it in my social mindset." Rabbit said, just as low. "I cannot draw a parallel, but I trust your judgement. Thank you."

Rabbit went about collecting foodstuffs for First Meal, before finding a place to sit that had ample room for the rest of his compatriots to join him at. This was starting to feel all too familiar. Fighting as a unit. Sleeping as a unit.

It's like he never left. 
Link to my homebrews

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 02, 2012, 11:55:05 AM »
Jeremy eats quietly as the adults talk, taking small portions of everything.  He sneaks some food to different Pokémon when he thinks nobody is looking.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 04, 2012, 08:25:43 PM »

In the food hall, the soldiers do calm down at their captain's orders, but you can still hear a cloud of whispers and feel the stares at your backs as you sit and eat. Most seem to be of genuine curiosity (“how young is that kid again?”) and admiration (“you saw how that great fairy froze the pirates so effortesly?”) towards you, with a few acusations of “freaks”, “monsters” and “enemy spies” directed at Rabbit and Kong mixed in as well. Gomer himself seems somewhat disapointed when you say you're only leaving in a week, but thanks you for your reply neverthless and retires to his previous seat with the other sailors.

After giving you some time to try out the food, the captain speaks to you again:

So it seems like you'll be staying in the island some more time from what I've heard right? You're free to participate in our daily meals-we have lunch at midday and dinner at noon-and there's also some nice sights to see in our beloved city and our beaches and forest. Some of the wildlife can be dangerous, but no problem to ones just as you I'm sure.

We'll be holding a funeral for the poor souls lost yesterday in three days if you would care to join us, once the mourning and departing rituals are finished. The pirates we've taken prisioner have also  regained consciouness. Not telling us anything useful or showing any regrets as usual, but if you would like to try your luck with them be my guest.

Anything else I can help you with, don't be afraid to ask!

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 05, 2012, 10:08:34 PM »
"I would like to borrow some healers. I intend to be badly beaten, so that I can be a test subject for the effects of the glaive. If I am cursed as that man was, with evil, then I will be easily taken down."

Kong says this casually, matter-of-factly. "If it's not cursed, I might like to use such a fine weapon."

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 06, 2012, 12:02:51 AM »
♪ Break-fast, Break-fast... BREAKFAST! ♪
Kurt spends his time eating.
Trying as much of the different foods as he can.
He listens to the others talking.
He does find one thing curious about the fisherman: how successful of a fisherman must he be? we don't have any foodstuffs to share.

But Kurt knows he isn't much of one for words, so he keeps quiet.

Then he hears Kongs plan.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

"What?"
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 06, 2012, 08:28:03 AM »
Zax frowns at Kong's suggestion.  "Surely there's some magician in this godsforsaken town who can analyze the glaive?  I don't like the idea of hitting my friends with it..."
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 06, 2012, 11:43:01 AM »
Jimmy looks at Kong, confused.  "Why would you do that?  What if it has magic that isn't obvious?"

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 06, 2012, 08:31:02 PM »
Zax frowns at Kong's suggestion.  "Surely there's some magician in this godsforsaken town who can analyze the glaive?  I don't like the idea of hitting my friends with it..."
The captain replies to this

We don't have any dedicated magicians I know off in our town, otherwise I would've enlisted them in the  defense effort yesterday. Doctor Dorville is our local adept, but precise identification of unknown magic items is kinda out of his league. Perhaps the elves may be able to understand that weapon's properties, they always seem to have a knack for old and mysterious stuff. If you can get past their high pride and all. It's still indeed a better idea than hiting your own friends with it. I cannot sanction you more healing gear for that kind of task of good faith

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 09, 2012, 12:49:08 PM »
Pha looked at Kong with a worried expression.
"It's fine... just hunt with it for a while and I'm sure you'll get the hang of it."

She'd try to eat the fruits available, her body being unable to digest meat properly.
It wasn't too terrible, eating with humans, but the place was still too crowded for her liking.

When breakfast would be over, she'd get outside and float at a height, getting a better understanding of the perimeter, the forest's general outline and where she wanted to go.
Going back down, she'd look at her companions with a resolute smile.
"Alright, then! Off through the forest we go."

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #218 on: August 09, 2012, 05:17:10 PM »
Rabbit finishes with a mouthful of meat and a few chomps of not-meat before issuing his two credits.

"Self-Inflicted arcanosynthetic experimentation without proper authorization is prohibited." the Space Pirate says, as though quoting a rule book. Pirates with a rule book... what next?

"That being the case, I cannot, in good company, allow you to be your own geemer in regards to experimental prodding. Feel free to normally utilize the glaive until such time as its effects can be ascertained. As the Field Commander stated, the forested regions are home to hostile organisms that will readily volunteer to demonstrate the effects of the glaive. Worst case scenario, we learn nothing useful, and after a cycle the Rezbit's internal database compiler will re-initialize an..."

He cleared his throat.

"I can have HEX64 look at it again at dawn tomorrow, provided we still need it."

HEX64 gave an approving tone that sounded like a clarinet playing a symphonic concerto backwards while being played via the sneeze of a elephant.

"HEX64 says that it is agreeable to any offer of its assistance."

- AFTER BREAKFAST -

Rabbit walked back outside, replacing his helmet, and stretching off the effects of First Meal. As Pha went upwards to catch a glimpse of the perimeter, Hex64 followed her while making a sound that could be a cheese grater's best impression of a gleeful child's cry of joy.

"System, status."

System Check:
Respiration: 100
Pulse: Acceptable

Caution: Phazon Corruption at higher then 0%.

Datastreams:
Rezbit Data Flow 1.45 pf
GF Uplink: 0 pf - Verify connection to HiFi and reattempt -
Pirate Broadcast Band: 0 pf - Verify Firewall and Uplink Integrity -
Polaris HM Radio: 0 pf - Unable to establish dedicated connection - Your subscription to Polaris HM expires in 248 cycles.

Rabbit nodded. Most of these were acceptable, but he'd miss the background music.

"If we're heading off then..." Rabbit started, then he thought about something, and under the helmet he smirked. Time to keep the youngling entertained for a moment.

"Hex Six Four. Return." he held out his hand. The Rezbit stopped moving and the luminescence around it dulled. In a blink, the Rezbit winked out of existence, and lines along Rabbit's armor's arm lit up a soft blue.
Link to my homebrews

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 10, 2012, 11:25:02 AM »
After eating, Kurt will step out to join the other heroes.

"Alright, then! Off through the forest we go."
"So Pha, you said you had wanted to go to someplace in the woods for something, right? So, then, yes, lets go!"

Looking down at Kurt, it would be hard to tell which emotion is greatest. His cheerfulness to still be with you all. His excitement about going on an "adventure". His confusion as to where he's going or why. Or his embarrassment over being confused.

He is trying to focus on the cheer.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome