Author Topic: Alright, an old idea I've never posted.  (Read 896 times)

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
Alright, an old idea I've never posted.
« on: June 15, 2012, 01:09:38 PM »
Alright, anyone ever seen all the different racial feats for the Drow that allow them to do different things with their spell like abilities? I have a build that uses almost all of them (it's an E6 build), and it looks like it'd be fun to play (I haven't gotten to play in an E6 campaign because no-one else in my group likes the variant.)

So, anyway, what about this:

-Every weapon group has a unique Skill Trick related to it; you automatically get access to this Skill Trick when you take Weapon Focus with that group. These can be pretty much anything, as long as they aren't too unbalancing. These do not count towards the limit on how many skill tricks you can know.

-Each of those different feats that grant 3 1/day cantrips would be modified so that they count as if they granted you 3 0th level spell slots, along with the knowledge of those three cantrips. Have it work like Magical Training.

-Then, I (or someone) could homebrew a bunch of feats that let you sacrifice, let's say, the ST for Heavy Blades (which could, I don't know, allow you to treat the weapon as Vorpal for a round) and a spell slot either containing Disrupt Undead or which could let you cast Disrupt Undead to make it so that your attacks this round deal a lot of extra damage against undead. Or something. Have these feats give you like 3 different sets of options you can pull off (basically, they are tactical feats.)

The nice thing about this is that Exotic weapons actually get pretty nice stuff, namely two different skill tricks that you can use with any given one.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."