Author Topic: A Wretched Hive (Game Thread)  (Read 40751 times)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
  • TPK's are my business, and business is good.
    • View Profile
Re: A Wretched Hive (Game Thread)
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2016, 08:13:04 AM »
"Will do." Corran says as he punches in a few things on the console. The Engines begin to warmly hum and gently vibrate the ship's structure.

After a few moments to warm her up and make sure she is running fine, "Going to start her slow." Corran pulls back on the controls and lifts several feet off the ground and holds there for another few moments to ensure the ship wont fail in some way and plummet back to the ground.

Looking at his companions and satisfied with the results, he pulls back again to raise her more and engages the engines to slowly maneuver the ship. "I think she's good to go, now lets see what she can do. Strap in." giving his companions a chance to restrain themselves he then pushes the levers forward on the engine power and the ship takes off through the sky at a break neck pace crossing out over the sea.

"Handles pretty well for being so old."

Your communicators sound.

Wisdom has two parts; having a lot to say, and not saying it.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2016, 10:55:32 AM »
Strapped in as well as he can be, Silten answers his communicator.  "Yess?"

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2016, 08:13:24 AM »
"It's Sirona. Your droid found a survivor. He's in pretty bad shape and we are trying to lug him up into the Banshee's med bay. Once we have him loaded we'll come pick you up." the captain says over the comm.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 08:16:01 AM by Melblen_Cairn »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2016, 03:01:54 PM »
"We found a sship and are on our way to you," Silten responds.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2016, 07:35:17 AM »
You just went into the jungle and found a ship? If they are growing on the trees here we could make piles of creds." with a sarcastic tone in her voice. "See you in a few minutes then."

"Heading towards the beach village. Now we need to hope she'll land." Corran says steering the ship toward where the Banshee will be found.

After a few minutes of travel the village and the other ship come into view. Compared to what your flying now, the Banshee looks like its brand new. At the sound of your engines approachign the Captain disembarks her ship and waits for your landing.

"Well now, surprised something that old can still get off the ground for more than a micro, let along fly.."

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 07:10:06 AM by Melblen_Cairn »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2016, 11:06:51 AM »
Silten ignores the sarcasm and keeps an eye on the ship, hoping that it will hold together.  Once they land, he joins the Captain.  "It sseemss thiss sship iss what we came here for."

(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2016, 07:25:44 AM »
"Weird that it's been just sitting out in the jungle waiting for someone to pick it up and the coordinates to its location were implanted into our bothan friend here that you rescued from prison." the Captain observes as you all make your way up the ramp into the Banshee.

You pass an antiquated needleshell rifle stashed near the door to the medbay, "Found this one among the dead in the village. He was shot multiple times. 2B has been working on him since. He is alive, barely."

In the small room, the droid cares for an enormous specimen of a human. Large and muscled. Most of the skins he wears for clothing have been cut and tossed to the side of the room. You judge he is middle aged for a human. He has several blaster burn holes in his body but is now breathing steadily on a ventilator.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 07:30:56 AM by Melblen_Cairn »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2016, 10:57:29 AM »
Silten tries to figure out just what is going on in this place.  "2B, can you tell how long ago he wass sshot?"

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2016, 09:01:14 AM »
"That is difficult to determine but based on some intial post-mortem analysis of the dead in the village, I would say the events occurred between two and three standard days ago. We can assume that this human's injuries were likely sustain at the same time." the droid answers. "This human male, is in his late forties in standard years and besides his injuries is in impeccable physical condition, which would account for his survival."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2016, 07:20:58 PM »
"But how long has he been here? Thiss sship iss ancient..."

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2016, 09:44:12 AM »
"Maybe there is something in the village that can tell us how long they have been here and if the ship is theirs." Orsk suggests.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2016, 12:21:38 PM »
"That'ss ass good a plan ass we're going to get," Silten responds.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2016, 10:53:24 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2016, 12:00:22 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2016, 01:23:44 PM »
Corran wanders amongst the buildings not finding anything in particular. Silten notices that the buildings are likely several centuries old factoring in the erosion from the beach. Most of the equipment and furnishings in the buildings is much newer, still antiquated, but only a few decades old. You find several datapads that should help shed light on the lives here and perhaps answer how long this colony has been here.

Orsk approaches you, "I have taken a look at several of the corpses. Most appear to dressed in the same rough clothing made from jungle fibers and animal hides as our survivor. Three others are wearing garb and have pirate affiliated tattoos."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2016, 09:25:46 PM »
"Piratesss, that explainss ssome thingss," Silten says absentmindedly as he sifts through the datapads. 

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2016, 07:16:13 AM »
"Personal data pad entries? That would shed some light on how long the colony has been here for. Almost feel like we should ask the surviving colonist for permission first before delving into them." Orsk says as he picks up one of the pads.

"I would agree Orsk." Corran adds as he enters. "Wouldn't want someone delving into my datapad." he pats his pocket where his own is kept. "Haven't quite finished writing my novel where I want someone to read it yet. Nothing on the outside perimeter of this village except a huge wall of a compost heap."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 07:20:48 AM by Melblen_Cairn »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2016, 10:40:36 AM »
Silten waves his hand absentmindedly at his companions.  "I don't care about their perssonal information, I want to know if they know anything about the sship or why thiss planet iss not on the sstar chartss."  He sighs and looks somewhat dejected.  "It would be eassier to assk the ssurvivor than to dig through the datapadss."

He then almost immediately perks up as he remembers that they can't talk to the survivor anyway.  "We'll talk to him when he regainss concioussness."  He's obviously more comfortable interrogating datapads than talking to the survivor.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2016, 12:08:18 PM »
Silten easily unlocks the weak security on the pads. There are some entries that go back 3 decades and will take time to go over while standing in a ruined village house.

After spending a few hours reviewing the entries. You determine this must be a second colony arriving about 25 standard years before. No mention is made of the ship you have found. There have been a few visitors over those years, and the village were welcoming hosts from what you can determine.

One entry from about a standard year ago mentions the arrival of a mysterious bothan on the annual supply ship. The young girl writing this entry, noted that she spotted him slip out of the village at night and disappeared down the beach. She worried the jungle predators would catch him but the next morning he was back in the village and quietly left on the supply ship that took off again that morning.

One of the last entries appears to be a few planetary days ago. She explains how the supply ship arrived but carries strangely garbed and tattooed people instead of the regular pilot and crew. She expresses her fears about these folk and that Hallomar is still in the jungle and has not returned yet.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2016, 01:29:27 PM »
Silten relays the information to his companions.  "It sseemss thesse people aren't related to the mysstery of the sstar chartss.  Whoever desstroyed them sshould be punished."