Author Topic: A Wretched Hive (Game Thread)  (Read 40735 times)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
  • TPK's are my business, and business is good.
    • View Profile
Re: A Wretched Hive (Game Thread)
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2016, 07:50:55 AM »
"Maybe. I'd be more interested in punishing the pirates who killed all these folks. When you think about it, whomever wiped this system from the official nav charts did us a favor. We have private beach front property to retire to in peace without the Empire's knowledge" Corran say, the latter of which you can not tell if he is joking or serious about.

Orsk has a look of concern, "You mentioned an entry about a bothan visiting here a year ago and I had this planets coordinates imbedded in my body. Taken together, I think that bothan was likely me, and I was probably visiting this ship during that mentioned disappearance."
Wisdom has two parts; having a lot to say, and not saying it.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2016, 10:59:14 AM »
Silten hisses in amusement.  "I meant destroyed the people, not the chartss.  I'm not that heartlesss."

He then responds to Orsk.  "It sseemss likely, I doubt there iss the coinccidencce of another Bothan.  Perhapss we sshould finissh invesstigating the sship."

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2016, 03:00:25 PM »
"Well, How about we leave the Banshee here with the survivor getting treatment and we proceed on to the coordinates that Switch gave us. Seeing as how we have access to our own ship now." Corran points out, conveniently neglecting that this ship may belong to someone else, with a boyish smile. "It just feels right, doesn't it? Like we were meant to find her."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2016, 04:55:15 PM »
Silten nods.  It did feel nice to think of having his own ship.  "We sshould make ssure sshe iss sspace worthy first," he says, smiling back as much as he can without lips.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2016, 08:43:35 AM »
Walking over the ship and spending time with her engines, you find that everything either belongs in a museum or has been removed entirely. The only recent updates are to air filtration, gravity generation and other life support functions. The single weapon that remains is old at best as are her shields. The main hyperdrive has been removed and only has the backup.

There are some stores of food and water. There are two space suits in storage lockers in the cargo area. There are port and starboard crew quarters with several bunks in each, the bedding rolled and stored in sealed bags on each bunk.

After inspecting everything twice, the ship is capable and safe for space flight, even if she will be slow traveling through the hyperlanes on her backup.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2016, 12:15:45 PM »
Silten nods.  It'll do, he can upgrade things himself later.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2016, 05:47:08 PM »
Corran brings up Catain Okeefe on the communicator, "Heya Captain. Would you mind terribly if we took our new ship here for a spin? We will go ahead and check out the coordinates that Switch passed to us."

"Not at all. Your droid is still working on the surviving villager, and does not want to move the ship even until he is recovered. Be careful out there." she says.

"You too, based on the some of the information from the villagers datapads, there are some fairly dangerous predators in the jungle." Corran warns.

Soon after, he fires up the Dynamic class freighter's engines and lifts off. Rocketing for the atmosphere. The ship easily reaches escape velocity and pushes into space beyond. Each of you feels an overwhelming sense of freedom to go where you want, when you want to.

"Hmm, there's no nav-computer. Silten, we are going to need you to do the calculations before we try to jump."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2016, 06:15:57 PM »
Silten nods and gets to work, moving a nav-computer up on his list of priorities for the ship.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2016, 08:02:24 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Silten performs the complex calculations and come sup with a route that shaves half the time off the the long journey with a slower hyperdrive, but the trip will still take a lot of time. During the journey, there is plenty of time for Silten to assess the many things needed for their ship and to determine its capabilities.

During some time below one of the maintenance hatches, Silten comes across a black box stashed cleverly behind some power conduits in a small compartment hidden from view. The only reason the mechanic was able to even come across it was from his thorough examination of the ship. Removing the box was tricky, and Silten found was cleverly trapped that not removed correctly would send electrical arcs through the whole ship electrifying anyone inside.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2016, 10:53:28 AM »
Silten decides not to tell the others that without consulting them he could have killed them all.  Instead he takes the box to where he's set up his workshop and examines it carefully.  If just removing it could have killed him there's the distinct possibility that opening it could have the same effect. 

(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2016, 05:22:55 PM »
Silten does not find anything else ominous on the box and proceeds with working on the lock. It does not take long for someone with his skill to short out the electronics on the lock and cause a reset and after punching in a few manufacturer preset codes the lock eventually pops open.

Again, careful not to set off any traps in opening it, Silten takes great care and precautions in just opening the top. After several painstaking minutes of inspection, he feels it is safe to open. The lid comes completely off, which he sets aside. There is a tray in the top which contains the contents of a makeup and disguise kit including lenses that allow for various shifts of eye coloration. Also in the tray is an encrypted communicator, two slicer data spikes, an imperial credit chip, and a pair of access code cylinders.

Pulling the tray up and out, Silten finds cash, different denomination from different sectors or planets. There are also multiple pouches containing different sets of identification in each, every one is for a bothan, and each depicting an image of Orsk.

At the very bottom of the box is a blaster pistol and a fully charged power pack and a virbo-knife.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 05:27:27 PM by Melblen_Cairn »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2016, 06:04:46 PM »
Silten resists the temptation to take the data spikes and instead calls his companions on the communicator.  "Orssk, I have found thingss from your passt.  It sseemss thiss sship wass yourss.  Corran, you sshould come too."

When they arrive he explains where he found the box and how he got into it, downplaying the trap that could have killed everyone.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2016, 08:28:05 AM »
Orsk looks over the contents of the box on display. "These all show me, but I don't recall any of these names of places they have for residences. This doesn't answer anything!" he shouts in frustration. "I have even more questions now. What the hell did I need all this stuff for? It looks like some form of jump out bag."

Seeing you both are armed, he resigns himself to the contents and conceals the knife in his boot and loads the pistol and pushes it into his belt behind his back hiding it from view. Sorting through the credentials he selects one to carry with him. "Well since Orsk Me'Lya is a fugitive from the Empire. I guess Naylar Miv'ori will help keep them off my trail." he says as he pockets some of the cash, and the rest of the gear.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 13, 2016, 10:58:37 AM »
"With all of thiss you were either a fugitive or an operative, but I found no way to know which," Silten says.  "Maybe look around the sship, if it wass yourss then perhapss ssomething will sspark your memory."

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2016, 08:29:32 AM »
"I've been over this ship for days, looking at everything. None of it is helping! I don't remember who I was!" frustrated, Orsk shouts and sends the box scattering to the floor.

"Calm down there. These things take some time to come back, and I hate to say this, but if they come back at all." Corran responds to the outburst. "Once we drop out of hyperspace, and there is work to do, you'll have enough distraction from dwelling on all this. Plus I am sure Silten can put you to work with cleaning up with old bird."

Everyone stays as busy as possible over the journey's days. Orsk helps out where he can, you find he has a keen eye for details and seems to have a breadth of knowledge about the galaxy that he can not explain how he knows. During the off hours, you find him dwelling on the items found. Looking over the identification over and over for even the most minute detail.

At length, the ship's destination alarm triggers, warning that you are coming up on the coordinates to drop out of hyperspace. As the group convenes in the cockpit and the blue tunnel of hyperspace falls away. You find yourself sitting in space with nothing but the stars surrounding you. A moment of worry is replaced by the knowledge that the object you seek is likely drifting and would not still be in this spot.

"Silten, can you get a read on anything on the scopes?"

"Nothing asss large asss we are looking for. I do pick up a trail of small debris, that we can follow.

"Not seeing anything out there yet on the old visual scanners."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2016, 08:19:54 PM »
"We musst follow the debris trail unlesss you have any better ideass."

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2016, 08:22:29 AM »
Following the heading provided by Silten, the ship enters the path of the debris and follows space junk along. Pieces of ships, droids, starfighters, even the few grizzly remains of clones can be seen floating along among larger blasted pieces of junk. Some buffet the ship but Corran is able to avoid most of the debris as he guides the freighter through.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2016, 03:38:27 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2016, 09:03:21 AM »
The sensors encounter three ships. Two a near each other and heading in the same direction through the debris field, toward your location. These are small fighter sized ships and do not have their shields powered. The third ship is the size of a scout vessel but its signature suddenly falls off. It is difficult to get good readings among all the debris.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2016, 10:28:03 AM »
Silten relays the information to his companions, unsure of what kind of reception they might receive from the other ships.