Author Topic: Does rebuke dragons qualify as rebuke undead for classes entry requirements?  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Ryshin

• Spellguard of Silverymoon
    • View Profile
As title, does rebuke dragons qualify as rebuke undead for prestige classes entry requirements?

The rebuke dragons description explicits that the variant works for the purpose to qualify for divine feats and can be used for those feats that consume a turn/rebuke charge to activate their ability like divine defiance, divine metamagic ecc plus I think the rebuke dragons variant still grant a "rebuke something" so it's not like the wiz scribe scroll variants that grants something completely different so it should be enough to qualify for those prestige classes that require a turn or rebuke unded to enter, but still it's not clarified anywhere or at lest i haven't found it.

Thanks
I didn't choose the min/max life, the min/max life chose me.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
As title, does rebuke dragons qualify as rebuke undead for prestige classes entry requirements?
Hi welcome to MMX, and technically no.

Rebuke Dragons is not Turn/Rebuke Undead so it has to rely on it's special rules that create some overlap. But those special rules only allow you to qualify/active Divine Feats, and "for using other abilities that require you to expend a use of your turn or rebuke ability". Which kind of links back to the old perception of affirming the consequent but basically the tl;dr of that is PrCs check for your Turn Undead ability, not for the half-trait of being able to count as expend uses of an ability you don't actually have.