Author Topic: 2000/1/06-07 Paper Trail  (Read 62184 times)

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
Re: 2000/1/06-07 Paper Trail
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2014, 08:14:04 AM »
Kiley's head brushes an invisible skirt as she lands a perfect hit, sending her opponent flying and knocking the camcorder over with the crack of very expensive things breaking. There is a suddenly cut off sob and whimper as the offender scrambles away.
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2014, 08:23:05 AM »
Grimacing as she loses her grip on the invisible girl's ankle, Kiley jumps up and quickly sweeps the immediate surroundings again, this time mostly solid. She can't be getting far with that solid hit.

Please send private messages regarding board matters to Forum Staff instead.

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2014, 08:25:09 AM »
Kiley's sweeps fail to snag anything. However, she DOES catch a glimpse of a key glinting on the floor, nearly hidden by the destroyed camcorder.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 08:31:40 AM by veekie »

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2014, 08:34:01 AM »
With a grunt, Kiley stomps on the camera again, just to be sure, and picks up what's left of any recording medium inside and the key. With that taken care of, she pulls out her phone. Sam's probably in class now, so rather than call, she sends him a text.
met a stranger. look out for limping girls and girls you cant see. started in building 2 ground floor.
With that sent, she unlocks the door and opens it, with her blur now probably in full bloom. "Okay, sorry about that. Might have to change plans a bit."

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2014, 08:42:01 AM »
The tape is visibly mangled after the follow up stomp, as Kiley removes the crushed minicassette.

Emily pokes her head out to see Kiley as an expanding cloud of colors with a rather abused camera on the floor. Clearly drawing the wrong conclusion, she proceeds in a straight line towards the front gate,"Okay."

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2014, 08:52:46 AM »
"Whoa, hold on." Hoping her voice doesn't sound too much like a radio transmission in a horror movie right now, Kiley catches up hopefully before entering full sight. "Through the front gate? In broad daylight? Tell you what, I'd say get back to your room and change into something that's your size, then maybe take the day off. You want to ditch school grounds, there's a bricked up drain behind the staff building that you can squeeze through, that's what I used to use. Pizza might have to wait, I've got a bit of a situation now, and I need to get this crap under control first anyway."

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2014, 08:55:43 AM »
Emily flees in a hurry.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2014, 09:13:49 AM »
"Welp." So much for that warning. Kiley gives an exaggerated shrug and then turns back to scoop up the rest of the camera, read evidence. For now, she'll have to find somewhere nice and quiet to calm her blur down before she can hunt down Invisigirl. Going back to her room would be ideal but require sneaking through the open again with her power on full throttle, so the boiler room seems like a safe bet.

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2014, 10:21:50 AM »
A few close calls with the janitor later, Kiley finds an isolated, noisy and uncomfortably warm spot to wait out the blurring.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
  • Developing a relaxed attitude toward danger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2014, 01:20:46 PM »
Interrupted mid-fantasy, Sam checks his phone idly before the implications kick in. Muttering something about feeling ill all of a sudden, Sam grabs his bag and shuffles to the door. Speed's important, but so is allaying suspicion.

Once he's out of class, Sam beelines toward the spot Kiley mentioned, mass sense on high alert. Anyone moving rapidly away, moving erratically, or possibly just holed up in one place moaning would be a good place to start, but where else might the offender have gone on short notice? He shoots Kiley a text on the way. left class to search. where are you?

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 01:39:36 PM by Bozwevial »
Homebrew Compendiums: D&D 3.5 4e/PF
IRC: #mmxgeneral on Rizon

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2014, 01:39:36 PM »
When Kiley gets the return text, she heaves a sigh and double-checks her blur to confirm it's calmed down enough to get away with walking in public. She shoots Sam a text back and starts climbing back up through the floor to meet him.
meet you in the hallway

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2014, 01:46:17 PM »
Sam jogs the last few steps over to meet Kiley. "Did a cursory check, no one that matched that description running around. I figure she'd have had to go to the infirmary if you got her that hard. What on earth happened?"

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2014, 01:52:09 PM »
"Surprise uppercut, from below, between the legs. Yeah, I was thinking infirmary too. Probably sneaking painkillers, since the nurse'll ask questions if she just asks for them openly." Kiley starts walking and explains as they go in hushed tones. "Went to give the girl you texted me about a shirt, found her in the locker room, then someone locks the door behind me. I have a hunch, so I just check it out through the floor, and find a camera on a tripod pointed right at the door. Managed to feel around for shoes, grabbed her and punched. Invisible and probably no sound either, since I didn't hear her run away at all. And I still have no idea what was even up with Emily."

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2014, 02:05:05 PM »
"Someone trying to film her, maybe? Or just someone trying to catch a Special in the act?" Sam frowns, glancing around out of habit. "Roberto got really pissed when he found out his new ornament had been dating the guy who cheated all over the place. He was partway beating the hell out of her when I ran smack into them. Convinced him it was better for his reputation to ostracize her instead, but he decided to tear her shirt off anyway. She's not going to be too happy with me..."

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2014, 02:16:15 PM »
"Pretty sure it was aimed at me. If she knew I can walk through walls, locking a door I want to go out through is a pretty good way to bait me into clipping through, and it wouldn't make much sense to lock it on Em and then just sit there waiting with the tripod. That was the hunch. Wouldn't be surprised if she sent that 'something special' note either."

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2014, 02:22:14 PM »
"Cute. I think we found our blackmailer digging for more dirt, then. Wonder how she turned Stranger? That kind of power doesn't sound like something a kid with status would need."

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2014, 12:56:41 AM »
As they approach the infirmary, Sam detects an unusual number of people in there. Six, five on the beds, one moving around. Weird.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2014, 01:22:29 AM »
"Huh. That's...six people in the infirmary. Did they start using live ammunition for self-defense class?" Sam frowns, leaning against the wall. "Well, now what?"

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2014, 04:53:01 AM »
"I go in and pretend I'm sick? If she's not invisible I could take a look around, but she probably is. In which case I figure she'll recognize me and try to get out. Then you can stand in the door and wait for someone invisible to bump into you. Then grab and make sure she doesn't yell or let me know or something."

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2014, 11:12:37 AM »
Sam nods. "Yeah...if she's our blackmailer, she'll recognize us but not the other way around, so it wouldn't help to send me in. Alright, go ahead, I'll wait out here."