Author Topic: High End OOC thread IV-End of minmaxboards  (Read 167536 times)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: High End OOC thread IV-End of minmaxboards
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2017, 08:03:08 PM »
Speaking of which, Baham has a sibling aboard right now planning his downfall. Was his bait meant to attract that kind of attention as well?
Osl plugged it in a bit ago and has more directly alluded but if you're talking about the wacky walky talky deal, nah that's just goofing off.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2017, 09:04:34 PM »
I referred to the one ages ago back just before Mao and Baham left to checkup the monolith. Wasn't sure if that thread went anyway since and was still something to worry about.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2017, 09:31:44 PM »
I have once again succeeded in being intimidated by my own sheet. Maybe if I could just work out what missing tag is causing the entire latter 2/3's to be bolded...

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2017, 10:42:08 PM »
You have a bunch of bold tags all over the place. Starting right after your anthro animal's [WHMD? Options] spoiler. Then you close and open new ones right after for no apparent reason.
Otherwise it's quite all right.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 10:44:19 PM by Anomander »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2017, 12:47:52 AM »
You have a bunch of bold tags all over the place. Starting right after your anthro animal's [WHMD? Options] spoiler. Then you close and open new ones right after for no apparent reason.
Otherwise it's quite all right.

I'll take a look later. I'm not sure how much is what I actually opened and how much is one missed tag starting a cascade of incoherence.

I would like to note that I still find it hilarious I can fit a "light load" into a mecha. I'm not quite sure how I'm fitting 17 tons in there, but it's an amusing thought.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 12:54:32 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2017, 04:49:04 PM »
There. Finally. It's done.

I can't remember if the Fast/Faster/Fastest speed increases were supposed to carry over to the mecha or not as it's been years now, but I've sorted the thing out and I'm level 14. Now, what was I doing?  -_-'

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2017, 05:24:42 PM »
Now, what was I doing?  -_-'
idk, turning into a Golem in game?

Also I think we've been over this before. But Mechs normally channel all Class Features right? So does Half-Golem's Supernatural-based Class Feature that adds +2 Natural Armor apply to RD's Mech or because it calls out changing her limbs it shouldn't apply? Her Golem-granted DR is also higher than her Mech's DR too (29 vs 26), and RD has said a couple other things on her character exceed her Mech stats too.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2017, 05:34:53 PM »
Oh right, actually manually doing this. And paying people to do the surgical stuff because I cannot. And overpaying because I refuse to count sp.

I don't have the Golem DR yet, that's a level 2 thing.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2017, 09:00:01 PM »
Now, what was I doing?  -_-'
idk, turning into a Golem in game?

Also I think we've been over this before. But Mechs normally channel all Class Features right? So does Half-Golem's Supernatural-based Class Feature that adds +2 Natural Armor apply to RD's Mech or because it calls out changing her limbs it shouldn't apply? Her Golem-granted DR is also higher than her Mech's DR too (29 vs 26), and RD has said a couple other things on her character exceed her Mech stats too.
Pretty much except for the mecha stats inherent to the mecha. Mechas for example have their own natural armor and DR stat and it had been ruled that those stats are tracked separately. Say, natural armor gained from class/racial features vs those of the mecha itself and you keep the better.
It had been said that you *can* have it apply to your mecha instead of separately but if you stop piloting the mecha those stats don't return when you pilot the mecha again.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 10:16:36 PM by Anomander »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2017, 09:06:31 PM »
My biggest confusion is that my previous movement speeds were supplanting the mecha's baseline. Since it's been like that since the beginning, I think it might have been something that came up before. But hell if I know where in the first OOC it'd be (if it was even in that thread).

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2017, 09:53:39 PM »
Say, natural armor gained from class/racial features vs those of the mecha itself and you keep the better.
Stuff like Natural Armor & DR doesn't inherently stack anyway but that's probably what I'm thinking of.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2017, 09:58:39 PM »
Oh, so it's use the better of the two rather than just flat-out use the mecha's? That would be useful. Not something that makes the best sense, but an extra 6 AC is an extra 6 AC.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2017, 10:26:41 PM »
Osl has said that Mecha function like power armor for larger creatures back when I was asking about Natural Weapons so think of it like it's not a full suit but rather sections covering certain areas to provide mecha-augmentation.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2017, 10:28:31 PM »
It's still 16 times larger than her. The thing's enormous. :lmao

For scale, Amaterasu's about as tall as two buses are long. That mecha is taller than the Eiffel Tower. :D

(Side note, I think it can carry about 130 tons as a light load)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 10:35:39 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2017, 10:41:00 PM »
Aye, I just remember that I wasn't allowed to use my class abilities that increased DR on the mecha's DR.  They were to be both handled separately.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2017, 10:25:31 AM »
So I'm going to have an A.I. based with a Starship as a cohort... Should I make it an Awakened Animated Object or an Android with the flaw that makes it unable to leave its Mecha?

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2017, 11:08:11 AM »
If the cohort was to be the actual starship, and get ship captain levels for itself, I'd recommend having it be an android with the Integrated AI flaw.
That way it would pretty much be the ship and still make it work for ship captain's battleship stats.
Being an animated object battleship would have its own stats so it wouldn't get the battleship stats from ship captain. It works, however, if you completely ditch the ship captain class and make an animated object starship. However, that ship will only be as big as the animated object class allows it to be. Plus whatever other size increases you can add to it. The animated object has abilities that allow it to carry creatures aboard so it could effectively work as a starship. Albeit a very small one compared to those a ship captain gets.

Depends on how many people you plan to carry around. If you are to carry around mechas as well, though, you'll likely have to have it be a ship captain.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2017, 11:24:46 AM »
Great now I have to figure out the Accessories for my Super Robot and cohort's Battleship. Also the type of robot they are gonna use for Support Staff, probably Real but Super Upgrades directly on the ship is cool.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2017, 11:32:21 AM »
Meanwhile, I will remain exasperated that leadership has shown up again. Yet more names to not remember.

You're stealing my 'being fast' schtick. : (

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2017, 11:52:08 AM »
Meanwhile, I will remain exasperated that leadership has shown up again. Yet more names to not remember.

You're stealing my 'being fast' schtick. : (

Nani sore?