Author Topic: *Chapter 1: Richemulot * Finished  (Read 48999 times)

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 1: Richemulot
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2013, 02:03:32 PM »
ugh... smells awful down here
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2013, 03:44:53 PM »
OOC: I'm rolling spot and listen, but also, do i sense anything with Blindsight? Taking 20 on Search and Track. Also, if Zero wants to track too, Kwah-Yah will Aid Another on his check.

Kwah-Yah looks around in aprehension, battle ready, should anything unseen appear, but also confident that he will sense any danger well before it appears.

"Old and dark places breed old and dark things. Be on your guard. I will look around to see if i find anything."

Survival = 20+9 = 29
Search = 20+7 = 27
Spot
Rolled 1d20+6 : 6 + 6, total 12

Listen
Rolled 1d20+6 : 8 + 6, total 14
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2013, 04:15:16 PM »
((ooc- how about i aid you? :-p ))

looking around carefully for traps, along with larger tracks that stand out

listen 1d20+11 : 19 + 11, total 30

search 1d20+12 : 5 + 12, total 17

spot 1d20+11 : 14 + 11, total 25

survival 1d20+13 : 3 + 13, total 16
- All Spells
- playground

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2013, 04:59:24 PM »
((ooc- how about i aid you? :-p ))

looking around carefully for traps, along with larger tracks that stand out

This dice roll has been tampered with!
listen 1d20+11 : 19 + 11, total 30
search 1d20+12 : 5 + 12, total 17
spot 1d20+11 : 14 + 11, total 25
survival 1d20+13 : 3 + 13, total 16

(OOC: You have a higher Survival mod than i do, it's better if i aid another you, than the other way around. My mod is 9, yours is 13, if i aid you, yours will be 15, if you aid me i still only go to 11, which is lower than your standard. Also, your color code went in the wrong place apparently ;S)
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2013, 06:41:09 PM »
((ooc- i meant cuz of your nat20. i didnt do color in my last post, it might have been a different one that was fixed?))
- All Spells
- playground

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2013, 07:25:51 PM »
((ooc- i meant cuz of your nat20. i didnt do color in my last post, it might have been a different one that was fixed?))

OOC: No, i'm taking 20 on the check for search and track. We got the time to pass. Huh, i just figured i should do +11 on my Survival, because i have 5 ranks on search, i get +2 synergy bonus. Yay for not remembering which skills give bonuses to what. And we are really cluttering the thread, we should move the conversation over to OOC Chat...

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2013, 03:27:24 PM »
Looks around for secret passages
- All Spells
- playground

Offline dna1

• Honorary Mod
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2013, 02:28:30 AM »
Kwah-Yah, Zero, Valrin
(click to show/hide)
Roses are Red. Gaming is fun. You're over encumbered and cannot Run.

Offline professorgear

• Vian
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2013, 03:06:37 AM »
Lets head over to the Library.. just keep together and go slowly. I'm going to cast a spell to try and locate any secret doors... He nods to his friends. Then suddenly spouts forth a streaming incantation while waving his arms wildly. A orange glow absorbs into his body.
Alright I'm ready if you guys are.

((ooc my spot and search sucks, but the spell will auto detect if we move slow enough. it lasts 6mins.))

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2013, 01:28:20 PM »
yeah, that sounds right
grabs a couple of the light crackers and holds them while he leads them slowly down the tunnel

listen 1d20+13 : 11 + 13, total 24

search 1d20+14 : 16 + 14, total 30

spot 1d20+13 : 13 + 13, total 26

survival 1d20+15 : 14 + 15, total 29
- All Spells
- playground

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2013, 04:32:14 PM »
OOC: Kwah Yah will trail behind Zero and assist him in his checks.

"Let's go. "

Offline dna1

• Honorary Mod
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2013, 04:42:32 PM »
As the party begins to make its way towards the library, it moves with a slow caution. Each member of the Kargat taking in every detail, looking for anything out of the ordinary since the last visit.

Zero flys a bit ahead of the group, lighting the way with his tiny crackers. Nothing escaping his sensitive awareness. Elegantly floating down the tunnel into the opening halls of the ancient vast library he hears something. A sound echoing up the tunnel... Shhhhh
Anyone else wouldn't have been able to pick up such a miniscule noise, but he was known for his keen senses. The sound seemed to emanate from deep withing the darkened halls, much further down.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2013, 04:45:07 PM »
As the party begins to make its way towards the library, it moves with a slow caution. Each member of the Kargat taking in every detail, looking for anything out of the ordinary since the last visit.

Zero flys a bit ahead of the group, lighting the way with his tiny crackers. Nothing escaping his sensitive awareness. Elegantly floating down the tunnel into the opening halls of the ancient vast library he hears something. A sound echoing up the tunnel... Shhhhh
Anyone else wouldn't have been able to pick up such a miniscule noise, but he was known for his keen senses. The sound seemed to emanate from deep withing the darkened halls, much further down.

OOC: Do i sense anything with Blindsight?

Kwah-Yah draws his Kuo-Toan Harpoon and holds it with all his six hands.

OOC: I ready an action to make a single-attack with the Harpoon against the first opponent that enters my reach (10ft).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 04:47:02 PM by brujon »

Offline dna1

• Honorary Mod
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2013, 04:47:45 PM »
(( no, i assume zero was flying just a bit ahead of the party. plus he heard it echoing up the tunnel, from deeper within. and he even only heard it cause of the high ass listen check lol.. ))

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2013, 07:32:20 PM »
Zero deftly turns around and flies back just behind Kwah-Yah and whispers to them i faintly heard what i thought were voices ahead turns back and carefully and silently flies down the hallway with the glowing crackers, hoping to scare off any creepy crawlies

hide 1d20+34 : 13 + 34, total 47

listen 1d20+13 : 5 + 13, total 18

move silently 1d20+16 : 13 + 16, total 29

search 1d20+14 : 6 + 14, total 20

spot 1d20+13 : 18 + 13, total 31
- All Spells
- playground

Offline dna1

• Honorary Mod
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2013, 12:02:11 AM »
As the party slowly creeps down the tunnel into the main entrance of the Library, rats scurry away from the light. Even the mist shrouding the floor seems to part for your passing. When you enter into the main hall you can smell the faint scent of lantern oil still lingering from something previously here.
Whatever it was seems to have only left moments ago...

(click to show/hide)

Something immediately stands out to all of you. On the center of the large table sits a ornate box. The wood is quite aged, and it has small inlaid obsidian stones covering the top. The bindings and hinges are made of gold. The box is a 1x1 square that is flat on all sides. It appears to be unlocked and closed.

(click to show/hide)

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2013, 12:27:31 AM »
Immediately, Kwah-Yah stops. He turns to Zer0 and says:

"Something's not right here. This smoke... Is this ravenloft mist? We need to check this room. Check the box, i'll continue searching for tracks. Be wary of traps."

Kwah-Yah closes his eyes and focuses... Is there anything near? He focuses his senses on searching above and below, as well as to the sides. He checks the candles to see if they're warm, if they were freshly lit or have been burning for a while. His sight then drops to the ground, and through the furniture. He checks the dust, to see where it's thinner and thicker. He mumbles to himself "If anything was in this room, anything it touched should have less dust in it.

Kwah-yah continues his seach, unnerringly. He feels it in his chest, that a battle is going to happen soon, and he can't wait. His tentacles are itching, his blood is coursing, pumping through his vein. His controlled rage nearly bursting from within in anticipation, with heavy breaths... His monstrous nature, only barely able to be contained daily, through great pains. He remembers his training as a Ranger, when he was living in the woods after fleeing his slavers.

Stop. Focus. Battle will come. He again mumbles to himself "I will find my prey...

He thinks to himself How can anything have escaped my senses? We were too close. Something's not right here.

Kwah-Yah is visibly disturbed. His... Innate madness, in face of distress, combined with his rage, sometimes is too difficult to control.

He takes heavy, gasping breaths. Clutches his tentacles tightly.

He turns to Zero, visibly altered "Have you found anything yet?! I'm running out of patience. Guard duty was supposed to be all about ACTION." - Trying not to scream, but in a coarse, angry voice.

Skill Checks:

Survival:
Rolled 1d20+11 : 16 + 11, total 27

Search:
Rolled 1d20+7 : 7 + 7, total 14

Spot:
Rolled 1d20+6 : 20 + 6, total 26

Listen:
Rolled 1d20+6 : 19 + 6, total 25

Knowledge (Nature):
Rolled 1d20+4 : 8 + 4, total 12

Offline professorgear

• Vian
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2013, 02:54:37 AM »
Valrin immediately directs Punka to walk over to the box. After studying the box for a moment he says to his comrades. Well.. it doesn't appear to have any magical auras.... Anyone want to open it? He looks around the room a bit. How deep are we planning to go? Maybe we should take this box and head back up?... He says as he looks back to Kwah-Yah and Zero.

After standing there thinking for a moment he continues. I wonder why this is here.... It must be for whoever the bag of gold was left for. Maybe we shouldn't take it back up, and instead wait to see if someone grabs it? He chuckles to him self then says to his friends. Hmm... There is so many options we could choose. What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 03:19:25 AM by professorgear »

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2013, 01:45:54 PM »
Shakes his head and quietly says no... I'm pretty sure that we spooked it. I think it was carrying a lantern, that's the smoke you see.

circles around the room looking for a sign of the direction the thing went, dusty footprints, scuffmarks, etc.
(click to show/hide)
- All Spells
- playground

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2013, 01:47:11 PM »
(((nice! All 30s)))