Author Topic: (3P) Kelsey's Wildlife Biology Services - Need new animals or magical beasts?  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Kelsey MacAilbert

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Tell me what it is and what CR range you would like it to fit in to and whether you want Pathfinder or 3.5 statistics, and I'll write it up a set of statistics for it. It has to be of the Animal or Magical Beast type, and it must either be a real animal or present in mythology or folklore (dire versions of creatures are acceptable). It can be an extinct animal such as a dinosaur if that's what you want. I don't mind if it's a bit of an esoteric animal. My point here is to write up as many new animals and mythological creatures as I can (especially extinct ones).

Offline Wilb

• Elder Lurker
    • View Profile
It wasn`t specified if the request should be made through PM so here it goes: Manannán Mac Lir`s horses that threaded over water (and extended this to any attached vehicle), his ever regenerating boars (eaten during great feasts) and the poisonous spiked boars that killed Diarmait O`Duibhne. CR between 8-15 PF rules.

Thanks in advance.
Lovely Zoma...

Offline Kelsey MacAilbert

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Posting in the thread is fine with me.

I can't find any information about these creatures. Could you please tell me what special abilities they are credited with having?

Offline Wilb

• Elder Lurker
    • View Profile
Surely, I`d be glad to help you help me! (I have only a really old book as source, which makes it not exactly accurate)

Well, the horses are credited with the ability to walk over water and land with the same speed (which was twice the fastest horse in the land), ignoring climatic hazards, natural or magical, and were taller and stronger than normal horses, but not to a fantastical degree, and their vigour and health was normal. They also ignored illusions as if they weren`t there.

Manannán`s boars were bigger than a cow, many times stronger than a normal boar, being able to crush through wood and stone with ease but not exactly chaotic unless provoked. They also were credited with golden or silver skin and gave off intense light, even from their roasted meat. They always regenerated entirely as long as a single bone remained with marrow, though the comsumption of marrow slowed the regeneration process, which was one day if the bones were intact. They were eaten every year, and their flesh was able to expand the lives of men for one year with every consumption (while preserving the vigour of the time of consumption), and ten times that for Tuatha de Danann and other fey. They also remained perfectly calm and obedient in the presence of Manannán.

The poisonous boars that killed Diarmait were ravenous beasts that were full of spiky deathly poisonous fur, were as tall as trees and relatively strong (not nearly as strong as those described before, even though they were thrice (or more) bigger, but way stronger than a normal boar). They also roamed the land eating what they could and uprooting trees.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 12:46:29 PM by Wilb »
Lovely Zoma...

Offline Quillwraith

• View Profile
Found these for yous.

Manannán Mac Lir`s horses

Manannán`s boars

Boar of Ben Gulbain
(click to show/hide)

EDIT: Here is the other version, where the boar's poisinous.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 07:35:02 PM by Quillwraith »