Author Topic: I made a pseudo-Vancian martial class sourcebook, the Martial Disciple  (Read 1391 times)

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog

This is now my 2nd-longest book, with Larius Firetongue's School of Sorcery occupying the #1 spot.

Inspired by Path of War, the Witcher, and other examples of fantasy fighters in media I set out to make a new system for 5th Edition. Special moves known as techniques are used to replicate a variety of effects. The Martial Disciple has 142 techniques spread out among 8 fighting schools, from the guerrilla-style Prowling Panther to the spirit-ridden Trance Dancer.

As for archetypes, you got Avatars of War (Martial Disciple) summoning tools of destruction and valkyries from [insert plane of battle here]. You got Monks of the United Spirit studying alchemy and spiritualism to harness their minds and bodies. You got Path of Destroyer Barbarians who can smash through objects and walls via a non-magical passwall effect (among other things). You got 73 pages worth of martial goodness backed into one fine PDF!

Drive-Thru RPG Link.

RPGNow Link.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 02:02:41 PM by Libertad »