Author Topic: Spell channeling ability  (Read 2411 times)

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
  • Neither genius nor savant, mostly just confused
    • View Profile
Spell channeling ability
« on: July 04, 2016, 12:00:42 AM »
Other then duskblade, spellsword, and arcane archer, are there any other classes that can deliver a spell through a weapon? Or any feats or other options? Besides spell storing weapons.
Smile beautiful. It's not as bad as you think.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Spell channeling ability
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 12:44:27 AM »
A lot of PrCs have spell channeling or similar abilities. Ordained Champion and Raumathari Battlemage are among them, although that's hardly a complete list.

Also regarding weapons, I don't know of any with proper spell channeling off hand, but I know there's a variant of Spell Storing specific to Vampiric Touch that also empowers the spell in MIC.

Offline TC X0 Lt 0X

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • The TC Storywriter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 09:15:54 AM »
If you are fine with Pathfinder content, there is of course the Magus and its several archetypes

Enlightened Fists let you channel touch spells and later rays with your Unarmed Strikes.

While not directly channeling, Havoc Mages can cast a spell and make an attack as a full round action. Easy to get in to as well.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 05:34:53 PM by TC X0 Lt 0X »
Im really bad at what I do.
A+

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 11:37:44 AM »
Don't really want to go outside of 3.5, even though I've used singer path finder before. Good catch on the others though, I either hadn't remembered them, or didn't know.

What other PrC allow it?
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline kitep

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Lookout World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 04:24:23 PM »
Probably not what you want, but Dragonmark Whip (and it's Greater version) turns your dragonmark into a whip that can do damage or channel touch spells.

A Tentacle Whip (Eberron Campaign Setting, p300) is a symbiont that can also deliver touch spells.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:30:10 PM by kitep »

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 05:10:20 PM »
Dragonmark whip is something I haven't seen before. Too bad you don't threaten with it.

Tentacle whip would be awesome, too bad you can't get them earlier...

Offline TC X0 Lt 0X

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • The TC Storywriter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 05:34:26 PM »
For the sake of some completeness, Warblade Staffs from DSP Psionics allow you to channel any Touch Attacks through the weapon. It is also treated as a Enchant-able Deep Crystal Bastard Sword with automatic proficiency for the wielder. All it costs is 16,000gp (or 20,000 gp for a greater one with a aoe energy blast option) and Psicrystal Affinity, and of course being psionic.
Of course this is Pathfinder Content, and even 3rd party PF content (though many would treat Dreamscarred Press as equal to the rest of PF regardless), so I dont think you will get much use out of it   :rolleyes

Another PF Item is the Conductive Weapon +1 enhancement. Cant Channel Spells, but it can channel spell-like and supernatural melee/ranged touch attacks once per round which if a fairly unique option and opens up a lot of options, definitely something to make a build around, though you have to spend 2 uses of said channeled ability, not all that bad for something like a Warlock though.
Again, Pathfinder :P
Im really bad at what I do.
A+

Offline faeryn

• Dedicated Spellthief: stealing all your spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 09:27:01 AM »
Daggerspell Mage/Shaper can deliver Touch spells via their Dagger attacks... But of course you have to be using daggers to benefit...