Author Topic: Videogame Discussion III - Snake Eater  (Read 236744 times)

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
  • Trapped on another Earth that isn't home
    • View Profile
Re: Videogame Discussion III - Snake Eater
« Reply #360 on: October 21, 2016, 02:37:11 AM »
If you want a good list of mods to improve Skyrim's graphics and sound, you might want to check this out:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76373/?

Thanks,i'l give that a look at

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 21, 2016, 12:46:34 PM »
If you want a good list of mods to improve Skyrim's graphics and sound, you might want to check this out:  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76373/?
That looks pretty cool, I haven't messed with any theme changes yet. That'd probably help replay through a lot, it'd feel almost like a sequel since it'd be copypasta from the last game but different graphics ;)

I find it a little ironic Codemasters is on that list. They hacked Nintendo's NES console to release games without paying licensing and they were the ones behind Game Genie which led them to a law suit. They, as I understand it, pretty much quit dealing with Nintendo after that until they partnered with Majesco to indirectly release for the Wii.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 21, 2016, 11:31:43 PM »
I some how broke my game to the point where NPCs outside of towns (like dragons and npcs in dungeons) don't move at all,so I decided to say screw it and I'm going with a clean install and adding mods that I've used for years.

on the bright side before I said screw it, i tried out the tropical look and it was pretty cool

EDIT: Turns out it was an issue with FNIS creature pack,which had to be reinstalled
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 05:59:31 AM by trappedslider »

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 29, 2016, 10:31:20 PM »
so the special edition is out,and i've come across one issue. My inventory is seriously lagging but i think that's due to the number of items in it. It looks like they also auto included an ENB as part of the SE. No more steam workshop,now you have either do mods via mexus or other site,or go thru beth's site.

But the graphics are way better than what it was before. The creation kit won't be out for a week or so. but some older mods will still work.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 29, 2016, 11:31:47 PM »
No more steam workshop,now you have either do mods via mexus or other site,or go thru beth's site.
I use the mod manger anyway since it can do profiles.

I'm kind of for and against company hosted mods. I like the stability and, in a really good community, you can get the actual game devas in and opening on code so mods can hook in better or even help improve on mods (or even offer an official version). Like imagine if FINIS didn't require the Script Extender and SkiUI, all three of which are independent mods that will cause conflicts, specially if you layer something else on that operates off FINIS coded by someone that didn't fully understand what the other mods did.

However, company bs often rears it's head if they host the files. PR demands no penis jokes, lawyers demand you can't make anything that looks like something in another game, a 3rd party company decides Skyrim looks like a good game to mimic so they issue take downs of anything that ports their assets so nothing hurts their future sales of Legend of Zelda: Skyrim Edition. And so on.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 29, 2016, 11:36:20 PM »
I've seen a lot of stuff about the special edition being a huge letdown because everything it did was done waaaaaay better by community mods...

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 29, 2016, 11:39:49 PM »
I've seen a lot of stuff about the special edition being a huge letdown because everything it did was done waaaaaay better by community mods...
That's kind of sad really. You'd think the price grab would have started with trying to buy out the mod makers.

Maybe they make too much money in donations for a game they didn't create...

Edit - Apparently the mods cannot use external assets. That's pretty much what I meant before, no Tomas the Train dragons (as dumb of a mod that was) because Bethesda wants to steer clear of copyright claims.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 11:44:27 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 29, 2016, 11:47:18 PM »
That's kind of sad really. You'd think the price grab would have started with trying to buy out the mod makers.

Maybe they make too much money in donations for a game they didn't create...

Edit - Apparently the mods cannot use external assets. That's pretty much what I meant before, no Tomas the Train dragons (as dumb of a mod that was) because Bethesda wants to steer clear of copyright claims.

That's only on the Playstation,which also has a lower size limit than the Xbox one.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 30, 2016, 12:02:22 AM »
That's only on the Playstation,which also has a lower size limit than the Xbox one.
Not even close.

If it were entirely about size limitations you could add w/e you want as long as it obeyed a size limitation. Reskin are nothing more than HD image files anyway, the PS4's 1gb limitation is enough to hold over a hundred thousand full 1920x1080 images. It's all about their agreement with Sony, one of them said no.
While 1GB certainly doesn't seem like a lot of space for mods, you have to remember that Sony has refused to allow custom external assets for both Skyrim and Fallout 4 mods, meaning only mods that already use existing in-game assets are allowed. As external assets are usually the largest part of a mod, 1GB seems like it would be enough.
And apparently it was Sony.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 12:04:21 AM by SorO_Lost »

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 30, 2016, 12:24:23 AM »
Not even close.

If it were entirely about size limitations you could add w/e you want as long as it obeyed a size limitation. Reskin are nothing more than HD image files anyway, the PS4's 1gb limitation is enough to hold over a hundred thousand full 1920x1080 images. It's all about their agreement with Sony, one of them said no.
While 1GB certainly doesn't seem like a lot of space for mods, you have to remember that Sony has refused to allow custom external assets for both Skyrim and Fallout 4 mods, meaning only mods that already use existing in-game assets are allowed. As external assets are usually the largest part of a mod, 1GB seems like it would be enough.

5 GB for mods on Xbox One vs 1GB on PS,what's interesting is that on some forum discussions about the external assets  issue is that it's done to prevent folks from "hacking" the PS4. It honestly feels like Sony just said "Fine...if we have to..." when it came to using mods for both Skyrim and FO4.

EDIT: looks like MAcho man is coming to the Xbox one https://gamerant.com/skyrim-macho-man-dragon-mod-remaster/ and speaking of mods on Beth's site it says 6 for the PS while Xbox has 167.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 12:29:49 AM by trappedslider »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 30, 2016, 10:29:06 AM »
EDIT: looks like MAcho man is coming to the Xbox one https://gamerant.com/skyrim-macho-man-dragon-mod-remaster/ and speaking of mods on Beth's site it says 6 for the PS while Xbox has 167.
It's what happens when you punch your self in the crotch repeatedly ;)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 30, 2016, 12:56:06 PM »
Not even close.

5 GB for mods on Xbox One vs 1GB on PS,what's interesting is that on some forum discussions about the external assets  issue is that it's done to prevent folks from "hacking" the PS4. It honestly feels like Sony just said "Fine...if we have to..." when it came to using mods for both Skyrim and FO4.

Meanwhile, some chinese dudes supposedly cracked it open with a webkit vulnerability.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 01, 2016, 03:09:38 AM »
woot! the creation kit is out, now to figure out how to remove some unslightly shoulders from an armor i like.... :plotting

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #373 on: November 22, 2016, 01:24:52 PM »
I've been feeling rather nostalgic about some games lately... I really wished they'd remake the Neverwinter Nights games with modern graphics, or at least give me a 3.5/5th ed RPG of the same depth and capabilities. The fan-made campaigns were truly amazing. Sadly the community has faded over the time and not many new things are being released anymore.
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 23, 2016, 09:57:42 AM »
I've been feeling rather nostalgic about some games lately... I really wished they'd remake the Neverwinter Nights games with modern graphics, or at least give me a 3.5/5th ed RPG of the same depth and capabilities. The fan-made campaigns were truly amazing. Sadly the community has faded over the time and not many new things are being released anymore.

Now there's a name from the past. Of course, with NWVault imploding, most of the mods have disappeared, which is a true pity. There were some really great stories out there and no one appears to have backed them all up. I know mine own were eaten by that disappearance.

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: January 01, 2017, 10:39:09 PM »
Nier Automata Demo.  These two guys are gamers who love games, and though they aren't pros, they know what they're talking about.  Listen to them gush over this!  And watch them go through the demo of what I'm already calling one of the top 10 games of 2017.
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #376 on: January 13, 2017, 01:10:38 AM »
Nintendo switch presentarion roundup time!

Release Date: March 3 2017 Worldwide
Price: 299,99 bucks. Also online will be paid like PSN and XBL... :shakefist
When Legend of Zelda BotW? LAUNCH TITLE
Region Lock? DEAD!  :clap
Battery Life: 2-6 hours. Acceptable.
Lesser details: Capacitive Touch, USB C Charger, amiibo support, screenshot button
Joycons: They come in 3 colors and have "HD rumble", along with an IR camera. Cost $80 but basic switch pack comes with two already. Pro Controller Costs 70.

New Games in order of announcement:
1 2 Switch: A game that uses motion and not a screen. Party game. Launch game.
ARMS: It's like Wii Sports Boxing. With online multiplayer. Spring 2017
Splatoon 2: Local and online multi. Summer 2017.
Mario Odyssey: Open World Mario game. Looks amazing, lots of detail. Holiday 2017
Xenoblade 2: Xenoblade harder.
Fire Emblem Warriors: Dynasty Warriors+Fire Emblem  :love
Dragon Quest X and XI: No footage...
Octopath Traveler: Square 2D Classic RPG
Shin Megami Tensei: Early in development
Skyrim: Yes, it's happening.
FIFA: Coming to the Switch

Ports:
Disgaea 5
Binding of Issac
Rayman Legends
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Sonic Project 2017
Sonic Mania
Blazblue
Story of Seasons
Taiko
Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2
Nobunaga
Just Dance
Minecraft
Skylanders Imaginators
Street fighter 2 Ultra
Tetris
Bomberman??? By...Konami?  :plotting
Steep
Fast Racing Neo 2
Mario Kart 8 with a Battle Mode
I Am Setsuna
Redout

A Nintendo console without a launch Mario game? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?

Heh, nevermind that, Zelda BotW should make it more than worth it. Sadly I shall not be in position to buy one come the launch date but definitely picking it up in summer.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 13, 2017, 01:17:48 AM »
Oh my god that mario sounds fantastic.
Obviously Zelda #1.
But a Warriors style Fire Emblem!? Holy shit that's magic!

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 13, 2017, 02:08:14 AM »
$299 is 50 bucks more than analysts were predicting and than what I was hoping for, which is a bummer.  Also makes it more expensive than the PS4 and XB1.  Just because YOU don't feel like they're your competition, Nintendo, doesn't mean OTHER people don't either! :shakefist
Still probably get it at launch though, if just for Breath of the Wild.

Paid online service better provide an equivalent value to PSN and XB+, or else no one is going to pay for it.  I sincerely hope they can compete.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 02:14:57 AM by linklord231 »
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #379 on: January 13, 2017, 02:23:10 AM »
There's some rumors that the Switch Online will allow you to pick and play one NES and one SNES game to play every month plus the SNES games will get online multiplayer.

After Hyrule Warriors, I've got great hopes for Fire Emblem warriors.

ARMS has quite the anime trailer.

Bomberman R trailer!

This series is one I really loved back when I was younger and starting on video games, so it's really great to see it go back to its roots with shinier graphics.

Also bomberman has the most dysfunctional family ever, being all cute in one moment and the next trying to blow each others off for giggles.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 02:26:26 AM by oslecamo »