Author Topic: OOC talk  (Read 55681 times)

Offline trappedslider

• Honorary Mod
  • Trapped on another Earth that isn't home
    • View Profile
Re: OOC talk
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2014, 10:17:21 PM »
Just noticed you're spoiler.  I sort of meant incendiary devices or grenades as opposed to bullets.  But I'll take the bullets if thats whats available.

Well, I wasn't sure what you meant, but i knew you had asked about the bullets and it was what I could find the stats for. Unless you mean the following :

Thermite Grenade: Thermite does not technically explode. Instead, it creates intense heat meant to burn or melt through an object upon which the grenade is set. Military forces use thermite grenades to quickly destroy key pieces of equipment.

or

White Phosphorus Grenade: White phosphorus grenades use an explosive charge to distribute burning phosphorus across the burst radius. Any target that takes damage from a White Phosphorus grenade is dealt an additional 1d6 points of fire damage in the following round and risks catching on fire.
In addition, a WP grenade creates a cloud of smoke. Treat a white phosphorus grenade as a smoke grenade (see above), except that it only fills squares within 5 feet of the explosion point.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2014, 11:00:11 PM »
Is there any chance of ever gaining slightly customized equipment? For instance, my character influence has bracers that run a taser current through her gloves, but operate for all effective purposes as stun guns. She also has taser discs she can throw at enemies, which again, work just like a taser mechanically, but for fluff purposes are smaller discs she throws rather than being projectiles from a handheld device. There is a rule in the core rulebook for getting nicer versions of items (items with 'luxury features') by increasing their purchase DC by 1 (or more, in some cases), with no mechanical benefit other than knowing "you bought the very best."

I understand if it's too much trouble, and I can certainly deal with using the regular equipment, though maybe these mostly-fluff alterations could see use later on, at higher levels.

Offline trappedslider

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2014, 11:31:12 PM »
. There is a rule in the core rulebook for getting nicer versions of items (items with 'luxury features') by increasing their purchase DC by 1 (or more, in some cases), with no mechanical benefit other than knowing "you bought the very best."

I understand if it's too much trouble, and I can certainly deal with using the regular equipment, though maybe these mostly-fluff alterations could see use later on, at higher levels.

You'd need to remind me where the rule is, because I see the rule about buying mastercraft which ups the PDC by +3 and +9.  But fluffy alterations I don't see being a problem later on.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2014, 11:36:39 PM »
It's under the General Equipment section on page 112. I'm sure it's more for like, buying the latest laptop with a faster processor and more RAM vs. buying a mid-grade laptop, or buying a car with upgraded upholstery vs. the standard package. However, I figured it could also apply toward somewhat altering the form-factor or size of an item, seeing as how newer, slimmer tech tends to be more expensive.

However, I can also see the wisdom in applying such fluff alterations as part of the Mastercraft option for improved equipment. It falls in line with the same concept, so I'm ok with that.

Offline trappedslider

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2014, 12:08:47 AM »
oh, the little box thing..that's why i was like which rule where? lol As for the fluffy part, I'm gonna say a flat +2 to the pdc

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2014, 12:33:57 AM »
either grenade will do

Offline trappedslider

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2014, 12:39:02 AM »
I gave oyu a box of 6 thermite nades lol

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2014, 02:04:58 AM »
Perfect for the ruining of someone's days  :smirk :evillaugh

Offline trappedslider

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2014, 05:11:51 AM »
Perfect for the ruining of someone's days  :smirk :evillaugh
be glad this isn't paranoia   :plotting

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2014, 04:11:06 PM »
Sorry I've been so behind, I've just been super busy. I promise I'll post later tonight. (On my phone now)

EDIT: Posted IC, and also updated Char Sheet with non-Campus equipment.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 11:00:00 PM by FireInTheSky »

Offline trappedslider

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2014, 12:18:31 AM »
I'm gonna have to dip into I think future tech for some of the gear requested I think and yeah there's a pilot and copilot for the plane and I think i may have my character suggest boosting a couple of cars

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2014, 12:36:15 AM »
I'm gonna have to dip into I think future tech for some of the gear requested I think
Yeah. It's funny to realize that d20 Modern was published in 2002, and how much further technology has gone since then.

Cell Phone
Digital Still Camera
Digital Audio Recorder
PDA
Portable Video Camera
Scanner
Flashlight
GPS Receiver
Road Atlas

All of the above were different items in 2002, but are in 1 device now...

I think i may have my character suggest boosting a couple of cars
Fine with me. I have Disable Device and a Lock-Pick set...

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2014, 12:59:41 AM »
Rufus has some experience in Repair and Knowledge: Technology and Physical Sciences that he could perhaps use Aid Another to lend a hand there since the skills could be synergistic.

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2014, 01:15:29 AM »
I don't actually have the Weapons Locker, so I was just going by what's in the Core Rulebook.

Does the Weapons Locker say anything about Buckshot vs. Slugs vs. Rock Salt, since the Core Book doesn't? The stats it gives are for Buckshot. (If not, we can make something up, or just forget it. Either way is fine.)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 01:19:15 AM by FireInTheSky »

Offline trappedslider

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2014, 01:19:46 AM »
I'm gonna have to dip into I think future tech for some of the gear requested I think
Yeah. It's funny to realize that d20 Modern was published in 2002, and how much further technology has gone since then.

Cell Phone
Digital Still Camera
Digital Audio Recorder
PDA
Portable Video Camera
Scanner
Flashlight
GPS Receiver
Road Atlas

All of the above were different items in 2002, but are in 1 device now...

the PDA/cell is combined in the Player's companion put out by The Game Mechanics...the cloest I have found as of this post  to a tracking device is oddly in d20 future..which is called the nano beacon and doesn't  say if it's a use computer check to use it or not   :rolleyes as for the rock salt...I don't think there's rules for it but the book assumes that buckshot is what your already using

EDIT: my charcter also has disable device, I do believe and a car lock set

EDIT II I did find the bird shot ammo and now to make a separate thread for extras
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 01:32:29 AM by trappedslider »

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2014, 03:21:18 AM »
That "boys" comment was to the characters requesting all of the extra toys. Nathalie knows Emma only asked for a few guns. :D

Offline trappedslider

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2014, 03:24:53 AM »
That "boys" comment was to the characters requesting all of the extra toys. Nathalie knows Emma only asked for a few guns. :D

Now oyu say that :P and  this is the sopmod kit

Offline trappedslider

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2014, 04:02:20 AM »
bhu I love the stare

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2014, 08:57:50 AM »
It's also funny looking at d20 Future and comparing the Information Age equipment to what we have now - seeing what really exists and what doesn't.

bhu I love the stare
I assume that's his default expression? :lol
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 09:05:00 AM by FireInTheSky »

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2014, 01:26:27 PM »

Now oyu say that :P and  this is the sopmod kit

Oh, good. So I'm the only one traveling light.  Somehow that's entirely appropriate. :P

It's odd though, trying to build a character in a specific way. I want to multiclass a bit mostly to get access to more skills, but that would delay me from getting into Infiltrator and also hinder my attack bonus.