Author Topic: Astral Construct Weapons  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Captnq

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Haters gonna hate. Dragons gonna drag.
    • View Profile
    • Ask the Captain
Astral Construct Weapons
« on: February 15, 2016, 10:09:25 AM »
So, you got astral construct:
(click to show/hide)
Notice it says, takes the form you desire.

Then you got the advanced menu B option:
(click to show/hide)
Now, while it gives you a +3 enhancement bonus on it's slam attacks, it says specifically the ENTIRE BODY is a +3 psionic weapon.

Example Constructs:
(click to show/hide)
Now, We show that the Astral Construct can be as small as small size.

So, is there any reason that I cannot make as a DC 15 crafting check (just to be absolutely sure we're on the up and up) to create my Astral Construct as say... a two handed sword? Even if you say that the astral construct cannot be created with less than minimal body mass, there is no reason my astral construct cannot be a small bug like creature that clings to my back with a very long tube-like arm that ends in a two handed sword. Yes, I would have to carry said creature (weight of 25 lbs).

So, lets say I make my small creature using weaponcrafting skill DC 15 check. I mold his legs into two tubes that run down my arms and into my hands and form the two-handed sword. I have to have a custom made saddle in order to have him "ride" me. He still has his arms free, so he can still make Full-round attacks (he has his move action, because I provide his movement) and if needed, I can order him to "spur" me, (unskilled DC 15 ride check) so I take 2 HP damage, and can move an extra +10 feet.

And, of course, I get a two-handed +1,+3,+5 weapon, depending on which menu item I can pay for.

Thoughts? Possible?

Also, Can I just skip the whole having my AC mount me jazz and just go straight to "It's a +3 sword" and skip the whole it's riding on my back with tube feet? I know it will lose any attacks it would have, but there are reasons you might not want a ball of astral snot on your back with wiggly arms turning into a sword.

------

Now, additional question:

I can summon the construct to look like anything I want. I can give the construct magic items to use (if it could use it) if I wanted to. can I Summon it into a square where I am holding a Graft and have it form around the graft?
If you have questions about 3.5 D&D, you might want to look at the:
Encyclopedia Vinculum Draconis

Currently: Podcasting

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
Re: Astral Construct Weapons
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 04:19:32 PM »
A result of 10 to 19 creates a creature that is recognizably similar to the desired creature shape;
a result of 20 to 29 creates a construct that looks like an accurate portrayal of that creature type;
a result of 30 or higher creates a construct that looks like a specific individual.

Similar to creature, creature, and specific individual ; but not a non-creature.

However, there's that 3.0e 1st level power (iirc) that turns your hand into a weapon.
Or Polymorph, etc.
Your codpiece is a mimic.