Author Topic: "Give Sensei Some Respect!" Pathfinder E6 Monk build.  (Read 3845 times)

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
"Give Sensei Some Respect!" Pathfinder E6 Monk build.
« on: January 08, 2014, 02:34:40 AM »
Human Monk 6
Archetypes: Sensei, Ki Mystic
Feats: Any that grant you new uses for your Ki.

Why do you do this? Sensei replaces your Flurry of Blows with Bardic Performance based off of Wis.
It's 6th level feature lets you apply one of your Ki abilities to an ally within 30' as part of using that Bardic Performance ability.

Critique their attacks, and they get a +4 insight bonus on attack rolls. You can hand out a +7 bonus on most skill checks, and grant a +4 bonus to a saving throw.

Qinggong Monk can be tossed on to give you more "presents" you can toss onto allies.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Kasz

• The God-Emperor protects, the Omnissiah provides.
    • View Profile
Re: "Give Sensei Some Respect!" Pathfinder E6 Monk build.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 06:35:05 AM »
Something about this makes me want to throw on Vow of Peace/Nonviolence and play a Sensei who says stuff like: "You are not learning to fight, you are learning when to fight."

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
Re: "Give Sensei Some Respect!" Pathfinder E6 Monk build.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 02:10:19 PM »
Sadly, Sensei can't grab Pathfinder vows.

Though they can grab 3.5 Vows!
Therefor, I support this whole-heartedly.

Also, I'm kinda sad that the 6th level feature only allows you to use class features on other people: otherwise, there would be some fun to be had with stuff like Ki Stand ("Get up! Sifu says you are being lazy!") or...

Wait a second, it just says "when spending points from his ki pool to activate a class ability"... Excuse me while I check the Ninja. Because the 12th level upgrade for the 6th level class feature applies that class feature to everyone within 30'...

EDIT: A 2-level dip in Ninja (or gestalt Ninja) can grab you Forgotten Trick, which allows you to grant yourself a single Ninja Trick for [Ninja level] rounds. In other words, grant an ally within 30' a single Ninja Trick for 2+ rounds. Which can give cool stuff like Mirror Image.

A Monk 12/Ninja X with Forgotten Trick can essentially "cast" Mirror Image on the entire party for 3 ki.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 02:18:02 PM by Amechra »
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."