Author Topic: High End OOC thread III-Separations of Doom  (Read 168530 times)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: High End OOC thread III-Separations of Doom
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2016, 12:32:01 AM »
Ahh ok.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2016, 08:46:53 PM »
Questions on Divine Flame for Ando.

Control Rod
"a Control Rod may be loaded with an explosive charge and fire it like an ammunition" I assume that means it takes a Full-Round to reload for it's 2d6*attacks shot. But how can I use this? For example, can I Full-Attack for Bite/Claw/Rod_Shot/Wing/Wing/Tail or do I reapply a new damage stack for each Natural Weapon traded in? For example, three BAB based attacks and five secondary Natural converts to 2d6*8?

Heat
Often totally overlooked by me but Heat boosts some other attributes. "you may no longer use Divine Flame maneuvers but may still activate or maintain a Divine Flame stance, which however slows your Heat cooldown." So for example, could I use Fission Foot, a stance that can be used to rapidly gain heat for a minor ac boost, while overheated as a purposeful sustained AC & Nuclear Dragon bonuses?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 08:57:08 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2016, 09:47:39 PM »
Control rods and explosive charges
Mostly something that was meant to be used along with explosives crafted with the former Craft (explosive) skill though any explosive (say, some dynamite) could be loaded in with a full-round action. Like the Sapper's Launcher. It isn't a concern for the normal ranged plasma shots.
I'll clarify and also clearly indicate that the damage in a full-attack isn't bumped for every attack possible even if you only make one attack with the CR and every other attacks with another weapon. It is for each attack spent into the CR.

can I Full-Attack for Bite/Claw/Rod_Shot/Wing/Wing/Tail
You can indeed make the rod shot and use the natural weapons in the same full-attack but you wouldn't be able to convert the natural attacks into a stronger rod shot since they are not ranged attacks. Unless you're using one of the tricks to turn them into ranged attacks, of course.  ;)
In the case you used the damage would be multiplied by the number of attacks allowed by the character's BaB.
Edit: Ugh. Though I supposed the original intent was to convert any ranged attack that could have been used with the CR itself. It makes more sense, at least.

Heat
Absolutely! Unlike pretty much everything else until the initiator gains access to Abyss Nova “Big Bang”, the nuclear dragon actually benefits from having Heat. If you don't mind not having access to the maneuvers, you could totally go around glowing so hard people can't directly look at you. Which could be quite all right given you've also got spellcasting.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 10:12:39 PM by Anomander »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2016, 11:02:40 AM »
Eh, even if the Arcane Pilot's blasting Spells were any good they suck compared to Divine Flame. Rather there is a nich there, cap is HD and cool down is ConMod so with the right Templates or paid for Spell Access it's possible to Overheat during your turn and fully cool down at the end of it. For the Nuclear Dragon that comes with a set of useful buffs to keep in mind. Through I like the 7th level Stance's defense a little to much in Ols's near-death damage figures for more glass cannons.

And now knowing that about the Rod. It's base damage (2d6) is higher than a Claw (1d6) so I'll start using it as a Club but later on with another level (if that ever happens) I might look to turning it into a ranged weapon. Even a simple crossbow converted over will grant the illiterate attacks from BAB, it could be useful to smack one target instead of ten. ;)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2016, 11:42:19 PM »
Sorry for delay on updating, workworkwork, I should be able to update in June 25.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2016, 12:58:29 AM »
No problemo amigo :v

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2016, 02:00:48 AM »
Ok, was starting to prepare the update, noticed that Hugo doesn't have any actions. Is he gonna be rushing there on foot, his mecha, teleporting, or something else? I'll be assuming mecha riding since I recall Kuro mentioning that. Can always be retconned a bit (was just a decoy to hide the real Hugo) as necessary.

So 60-ft away from each other but only on the X and Y axis. Got it. On the Z axis they would then be anything but 60-ft. away from each-other and, to keep this pyramid working each pair would be farther from the civilians than it would seem, judging only by the distance each is away from Mao. Unless we also have flying civilians. The description that they were standing between Mao and the civilians made it feel like everyone was on ground level.
The ship's ceiling there would have to be pretty high though.

To clarify, it's less of "high ceiling" and more of "lots of collateral damage between compartments so ceilings/floors have collapsed and there's huge piles of debris"

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2016, 06:49:04 AM »
Sounds good!

Something I'm wondering, is the miss chance some kind of concealment? Just wondering because it typically is.
Are these guys working on mecha-scale? Mostly for the purpose of "Combat between mechas and non-mechas", are they treated as mechas or non-mechas? (the Born to Fight feat not being relevant). Mostly asking since they seem to be androids on the pictures, and do not seem to be within anything like a mecha, though they still did some self-destruction trick typical to mechas so its a little confusing.
Is the strange radiation a supernatural effect? Also...

Mao sees that one of them didn't explode, rather being projected by her partner's blast! Burning and quickly disintegrating,  they desesperately grab and clutch to Mao's plating, releasing a strange radiation that interferes with your systems.
Who/what is "they"? There is one of the enemy units to move to Mao and is grappling her or something? (otherwise where is that unit now?) If so, AoO procs for entering her reach? Did any of it require an attack roll ranged/melee to clutch at the plating? I've a few counters that apply for that kind of stuff, such as Radiant Rolling Counter.

Is the leader the survivor of the second squad's attacks that did the radiation thing?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 06:53:47 AM by Anomander »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2016, 08:20:45 AM »
I see two, right? How far apart/far away from civilians?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2016, 10:31:22 AM »
The two last standing unknown warriors are 20 feet away from each other and 110/115 feet away from Mao. The civilians were 50, 90 and 130 feet apart from Mao. Have fun figuring the math of that out. But if you want to ask is if you can drop a mini nuke on them without burning bystanders, then yes as long as it's not something super big.

Something I'm wondering, is the miss chance some kind of concealment? Just wondering because it typically is.
Not concealment.

Are these guys working on mecha-scale? Mostly for the purpose of "Combat between mechas and non-mechas", are they treated as mechas or non-mechas? (the Born to Fight feat not being relevant). Mostly asking since they seem to be androids on the pictures, and do not seem to be within anything like a mecha, though they still did some self-destruction trick typical to mechas so its a little confusing.
They're not mechas but their weapons are powerful enough to fully affect mechas.

Is the strange radiation a supernatural effect?
No.

Also...
Mao sees that one of them didn't explode, rather being projected by her partner's blast! Burning and quickly disintegrating,  they desesperately grab and clutch to Mao's plating, releasing a strange radiation that interferes with your systems.
Who/what is "they"?
The leader unknown warrior that got all beaten up.

There is one of the enemy units to move to Mao and is grappling her or something? (otherwise where is that unit now?) If so, AoO procs for entering her reach? Did any of it require an attack roll ranged/melee to clutch at the plating? I've a few counters that apply for that kind of stuff, such as Radiant Rolling Counter. Is the leader the survivor of the second squad's attacks that did the radiation thing?

No actual attack rolls or movement involved, it's another suicide technique. They're already dead.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 10:39:39 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2016, 10:34:02 AM »
Yeah, I just wanted to know if I could do an area thing. Calculating exact movement vectors for spring attack madness isn't on my list of priorities.

I've been watching Getter Robo stuff recently. Naturally, chest beams are a valuable attack. :P
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 12:37:57 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2016, 12:55:45 PM »
Sounds good! Where is the "further down the ship" place (distance and so on) since Mao will likely be going there now if Amaterasu takes care of the remaining two unknown warriors.

They're not mechas but their weapons are powerful enough to fully affect mechas.
Time for some disarms. New stuff!  :D
I suppose the self-destructs led to no bits of the unknown warriors being left behind to loot?
On a related thought process, when we have a mecha, can we self destruct? As in, kill ourselves without having to go through the trouble of attacking yourself with an automatic critical hit and willingly failing the Fort save against massive damage. No special damage to stuff around or anything. You just self-destruct the mecha to die. Can every mecha do something like this and if so what's the action to do it?

No actual attack rolls or movement involved, it's another suicide technique. They're already dead.
They killed themselves? Mao cannot kill anyone. If she would kill a living opponent, she instead leaves them at -9 HP, stabilized and unable to take any actions (including killing themselves?). Any fast healing and regeneration they had is disabled for 3 days. Not killing is part of the whole point she has this ability. I recall androids are alive for technical purposes since that's how I could take Ancient Temple maneuvers back then. They're not androids?

Also, just so you know before it comes up, I've got the Chinese Star maneuver Catching a White Feather that allows me to counter with a disarm/sunder when I'm attacked in melee, but only before knowing the result of the enemy's attack roll. Since that is kinda difficult to work with on PbP, I suppose I should point out that if Mao is attacked in melee by some kind of fancy weapon or by someone who deals special negative effects with one, I might be tempted to have her use that counter before knowing whether it hits her or not.

Quote from: RD
I've been watching Getter Robo stuff recently. Naturally, chest beams are a valuable attack. :P
In your case, for everyone involved. No doubt!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 12:57:17 PM by Anomander »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2016, 03:36:24 PM »
They killed themselves? Mao cannot kill anyone. If she would kill a living opponent, she instead leaves them at -9 HP, stabilized and unable to take any actions (including killing themselves?). Any fast healing and regeneration they had is disabled for 3 days. Not killing is part of the whole point she has this ability. I recall androids are alive for technical purposes since that's how I could take Ancient Temple maneuvers back then. They're not androids?

I don't see the point of everything after "They killed themselves?" because they killed themselves, Mao didn't kill them. They appear to have thrown themselves at Mao and pushed their own self-destruct buttons. I don't believe Os was implying that Mao automatically would do enough damage on an AoO to kill them and called it moot to roll, no, they legit kamikazed you by the looks of it.  :lmao

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2016, 09:08:29 PM »
There may be a point since perhaps they couldn't kill themselves. That's why I'm asking. There is a lot of passive abilities to go around and I'd rather not assume its all remembered.

Only one of them moved to her and did something. The others just 'sploded where they were.
If they indeed killed themselves, then the question of whether it is supposed to be automatic upon "dying" or not is relevant if Mao did enough damage to get them to -10 hp since they didn't die and wouldn't be able to do actions to blow themselves up.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2016, 11:20:11 PM »
Sounds good! Where is the "further down the ship" place (distance and so on) since Mao will likely be going there now if Amaterasu takes care of the remaining two unknown warriors.
Some 100 feet right from Mao's current position.

Time for some disarms. New stuff!  :D
I suppose the self-destructs led to no bits of the unknown warriors being left behind to loot?
Correct.

On a related thought process, when we have a mecha, can we self destruct? As in, kill ourselves without having to go through the trouble of attacking yourself with an automatic critical hit and willingly failing the Fort save against massive damage. No special damage to stuff around or anything. You just self-destruct the mecha to die. Can every mecha do something like this and if so what's the action to do it?
Unless you took Glory in Death or have some suicide class feature, mechas don't have self-destruct mechanisms by default. Critically kill yourself it is.

Hmmm, maybe I should add some rule that mechas destroyed by a critical hit explode violently to represent reactor hits and stuff.

They killed themselves? Mao cannot kill anyone. If she would kill a living opponent, she instead leaves them at -9 HP, stabilized and unable to take any actions (including killing themselves?). Any fast healing and regeneration they had is disabled for 3 days. Not killing is part of the whole point she has this ability.
Yes, they killed themselves. Immediate actions so they could be triggered before being knocked out.

I recall androids are alive for technical purposes since that's how I could take Ancient Temple maneuvers back then.
More like androids have an expiration date instead of being flawless anti-entropy engines (note to self: add fuel/energy charges to androids. Won't be more penalizing than fleshies needing to eat).

They're not androids?
You don't know that yet. :smirk

Also, just so you know before it comes up, I've got the Chinese Star maneuver Catching a White Feather that allows me to counter with a disarm/sunder when I'm attacked in melee, but only before knowing the result of the enemy's attack roll. Since that is kinda difficult to work with on PbP, I suppose I should point out that if Mao is attacked in melee by some kind of fancy weapon or by someone who deals special negative effects with one, I might be tempted to have her use that counter before knowing whether it hits her or not.
So can I assume that if Mao doesn't know a weapon inflicts special negative effects before being hit, she won't try to counter, correct?

Quote from: RD
In your case, for everyone involved. No doubt!
AAAAMMMMMAAATTTERRRAASSSUUUU BBBEEEEAAAAMMMM!!!

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2016, 11:43:47 PM »
If it ever becomes Getter Beam, we may have a problem on our hands. Amaterasu is big enough already. : D

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2016, 01:57:08 AM »
So can I assume that if Mao doesn't know a weapon inflicts special negative effects before being hit, she won't try to counter, correct?
Absolutely! Though if the weapon suddenly starts glowing ominously or something similar it may be tell-tale enough to warrant that kind of caution.

Now to find a way to sort of capture them without them blowing to bits.
...All right. Figured it out.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 01:58:51 AM by Anomander »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2016, 05:05:40 AM »
Anomander, just to check, where are the dolls getting pseudo-evasion? Because I don't seem to find it in your character sheet and Puppeteer Theater doesn't grant it, only the higher level Doll Judgement stances.

Also Mysteryous Millenium's Revival specifically only works on allies, which I would say somebody else who's blown themselves up just to hinder you wouldn't qualify for.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2016, 05:27:55 AM »
Clearly Mao is a traitor and is working with the mysterious invaders AND JUST SOLD HERSELF OUT AS A DOUBLE AGENT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

*cough* -_-'

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2016, 11:09:04 AM »
Anomander, just to check, where are the dolls getting pseudo-evasion? Because I don't seem to find it in your character sheet and Puppeteer Theater doesn't grant it, only the higher level Doll Judgement stances.
Ring of Evasion

Also Mysteryous Millenium's Revival specifically only works on allies, which I would say somebody else who's blown themselves up just to hinder you wouldn't qualify for.
Its all very relative. We can choose a rock or a gust of wind to be our enemy for all practical purposes so it would be the same for allies.  That unknown warrior is probably an ally of Mao despite it all. It just doesn't know it yet/anymore. Mao is very, very nice and very trusting in the better side of morality. Goodness is reaches out to all but the nonredeemable, and even then sometimes its light shines through.
For example, if, say, Amaterasu got herself dominated by an enemy mage. Mao considers her to be an ally even while Ame might be actively trying to kill her, and so she could use an ability that affects allies to cure her of the domination effect. Every enemy is an ally waiting to happen.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:10:58 AM by Anomander »