Author Topic: OOC Discussion and shit  (Read 98603 times)

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Discussion and shit
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2012, 06:06:06 PM »
Meh... are you calling my bio inadequate?? ;)
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2012, 08:27:57 PM »
Can I use reserves of strength to break the hit die limit for making zombies with animate dead? To clarify, I mean the "can't have more than 10 hit die" clause.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2012, 10:48:58 PM »
This. This right here.
This is how you Bio.

TYVM

So you're the leader of Sasaric's cult? Interesting.
There's so very many plot possibilities here.

The cult is my leadership feat. My cohort is his "brother" and the followers are the rest of the members. Most don't know about the EE though, since they are low-level peoples of little relevance.
If we had affiliations it would have been a knowledge church with connections to the Paraagnostic Assembly.

Meh... are you calling my bio inadequate?? ;)

I don't think anyone's Bio is inadequate.
Aarda is deep, involved, and intricate.
Ransom shows he is a desperate romantic, he wants his childhood friend back, the person who taught him how to live.
Nom is short and funny. And quite apropos.

But yeah, I am a firm believer that a persons Character Sheet is a story that needs told, there is nothing there that doesn't have mean something to the person. And once you start that tale, the person should write themselves.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline HeadofVecna

• Waving friendly tentacles from the aether
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2012, 03:46:07 AM »
Oh mine is inadequate, or at least far from finished. There's a century or two of history to cover.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2012, 11:46:43 AM »
Re-posting unanswered questions.

@ Ayegill, what is the free action limit on free action command word items like Gloves of Storing and it's derivatives?

(click to show/hide)

@ Sir P., are the items in your char. sheet ones that have been approved by Ayegill already? If so, can Svern Usk (my arty cohort) copy the scema for them? Cause I would so pimp the Earring of Resilience. Possibly as an ornament hanging from one of my horns.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline AyeGill

• Honorary Mod
  • Can eternal lie, may not be dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2012, 12:02:18 PM »
Re-posting unanswered questions.

@ Ayegill, what is the free action limit on free action command word items like Gloves of Storing and it's derivatives?

(click to show/hide)

Lets say 10 per round.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2012, 02:26:24 PM »
Absolutely, in fact he'll probably be the one making them for me.  ;)

EDIT: And to be clear, they've all been approved.

The only thing I have left to do is nail down exactly what my symbiote can do.

Offline HeadofVecna

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2012, 04:03:05 PM »
Arias, how did you get your stat table to format so nicely?

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2012, 06:00:22 PM »
He made a table, button 1 left of the Number sign in the formatting options.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2012, 07:10:46 PM »
He made a table, button 1 left of the Number sign in the formatting options.

Hey, I didn't notice that button, cool.

I used
Bracket Table2=1 Bracket
Bracket Row Bracket  Bracket Cell Bracket Bracket /row Bracket
Bracket Row2 Bracket  Bracket Cell Bracket Bracket /row2 Bracket
Bracket /Table Bracket

If you ever want to know how someone formatted something, Quote them. It opens a post that will show exactly what they did.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline HeadofVecna

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2012, 10:28:17 PM »
Excellent, thanks. Its interesting that the code is rather different than that for more simple layout.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 10:33:33 PM by HeadofVecna »

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2012, 04:58:46 AM »
I've almost finished to get my items for both characters. I do have a stupid question, though :
it's the first time I use leadership or see it used for real - usually banished everywhere I played, so what kind of wealth does have the cohort ? NPC wealth ? WBL for an ECL 14 character ? shared WBL with the main character ?
I've used the latter for the moment.

Now, the funny things.
I have a leftover of around 30k and a further 200k budget from Landlord... How about we build our nice little place ? 200k is a tad short for a flying tower, but I do think we can have a small teleporting one with this.
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline AyeGill

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2012, 05:02:29 AM »
Think it's standard NPC wealth. Not sure, though.

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2012, 07:18:24 AM »
I've seen standard npc as well as standard pc. I don't know that it really matters too terribly much, because of infinite wealth after game start. Make whichever call you feel best with, Aye.

Edit:so also, why not have the stronghold be a gateway? It leads to a pocket dimension group stronghold with gates to our private demiplanes, and the "stronghold the outside world see" is basically oohing more than a Tardis used to access it? That's a hell of a lot cheaper to have move about, if it's the size of a cottage.

Also, Sarasic's thoughts towards unread created by an urpriest that stole the power from the gods? Seems like it could stand as an exception. I ask this not for worship reasons, but for party cohesion reasons.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 07:23:35 AM by McPoyo »

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2012, 08:18:55 AM »
i'll use standard npc. That's already mean I'll have more money to spend on a nice forteress !

I like the idea of the gateway forteress, that was already what I was planning to do.
Though, what I don't know yet, is what to do on my own demiplane. recreate the Whallala is fun, but I find it a bit cliche. A huge library and knowledge museum ? The perfect hunting ground for Kodiaks ? A huge battleground for other Kodiaks to challenge their mettle ?
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2012, 08:46:11 AM »
AyeGill, two questions:

1) Can you WRT yourself?
2) Is there any way to protect a piece of information from being divined/bardic knowledge'd/omnifiscer'd? For example, say two people know it, and both have permanent mind blank.  Would that do it?

Offline AyeGill

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2012, 09:16:25 AM »
AyeGill, two questions:

1) Can you WRT yourself?
2) Is there any way to protect a piece of information from being divined/bardic knowledge'd/omnifiscer'd? For example, say two people know it, and both have permanent mind blank.  Would that do it?

1): No.

2): There's no end-all way to protect any given information from being known, AFAIK. Mind blank on the people who know it would work, I'd say, for Bardic Knowledge and omnifiscer, but divination spells can still find out by just reading the info directly(for example, if you ask "where does the lich keep his phylactery", even if only he knows, and he has mind blank, you still find out). Depending on the info, there might be ways to keep it from being divined(nondetection on the phylactery, for example), but I don't know of any universal methods.

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2012, 09:41:41 AM »
AyeGill, two questions:

1) Can you WRT yourself?

2): There's no end-all way to protect any given information from being known, AFAIK. Mind blank on the people who know it would work, I'd say, for Bardic Knowledge and omnifiscer, but divination spells can still find out by just reading the info directly(for example, if you ask "where does the lich keep his phylactery", even if only he knows, and he has mind blank, you still find out). Depending on the info, there might be ways to keep it from being divined(nondetection on the phylactery, for example), but I don't know of any universal methods.
There is precisely one way to do number two, per RAW: be Vecna-blooded. It's why I did it.

Offline AyeGill

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2012, 10:22:34 AM »
AyeGill, two questions:

1) Can you WRT yourself?

There is precisely one way to do number two, per RAW: be Vecna-blooded. It's why I did it.

Vecna-blooded can only protect information about a certain person, hence it is not universal, Depending on what you take "information about the vecna-blooded" to mean. You could argue that the location of a Lich's phylactery is also information about the Lich, but you could with equal reason argue that it isn't. So the DM has to make that ruling on a case-by-case basis.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 19, 2012, 10:29:16 AM »
If I set up a Contingency of a Divination spell, and a Vecna-Blooded creature triggers the Contingency (and thus is the target of the Div spell), do I know that the Contingency got triggered?