Author Topic: OOC Discussion and shit  (Read 98603 times)

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Discussion and shit
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 10:25:11 AM »
Looking over that elder evil, I'm going to have a ton of fun with this :)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 10:45:15 AM »
Looking over that elder evil, I'm going to have a ton of fun with this :)

To be fair, Sarasic himself would only want to TKO the dominant pantheon from his time. But it may very well be the case that even I don't know that.

Then again, I will have good knowledge rolls and a high Int.

For those who are interested, I will be CE. Don't take that the wrong way though. I do not use either part as an excuse for idiotic / random behavior. I have high Wisdom and Intelligence scores, which precludes the behavior that so many people use this alignment as excuses for. (I've mentioned before that Evil campaigns have never gone well IRL for me. This is why. Maturity.)

EDIT:
To be fair, Sarasic himself would only want to TKO the dominant pantheon from his time.
Well, only wanted. It's in Ayegills hands now.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:24:23 AM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 10:54:12 AM »
I'm an  urpriest as well, I just use secrets from a dead faith to power my stuff :)

Now, the fact that I am essentially a Secret in physical form is entirely something else I'm going to enjoy :)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 11:14:57 AM »
@ Ayegill.
In addition to the questions above, how much of the Paragon template carries over to the host? Just what is listed under SA/SQ? Or do I get the save and skill bonuses too? Attack bonuses? AC bonus? Maxed HD rolls?
Even I doubt the +12 HP per HD or speed tripling would be RAI, but I could see the argument that the rest are all racial SQ's too.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:34:01 PM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline AyeGill

• Honorary Mod
  • Can eternal lie, may not be dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 12:29:23 PM »
@ Ayegill.
In addition to the questions above, how much of the Paragon template carries over to the host? Just what is listed under SA/SQ? Or do I get the save and skill bonuses too? Attack bonuses? AC bonus? Maxed HD rolls?
Even I doubt the +12 HP per HD or speed tripling would be RAI, but I could see the argument that the rest are all racial SQ's too.
Just the stuff from SA/SQ

Shadow Miracle is basically Wish.

Your assumptions are all correct.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 12:34:39 PM »
Nuts, really wanted the save boost.

Is it wrong that the only reason I originally included the no undead thing was so that I wouldn't try to build Deep Rot, and now I really want to?

Anyone "get" the character name?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:44:23 PM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline AyeGill

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 12:52:24 PM »
Nuts, really wanted the save boost.

Is it wrong that the only reason I originally included the no undead thing was so that I wouldn't try to build Deep Rot, and now I really want to?

Anyone "get" the character name?

Google translate seems to think Ceithre means four, Imman means manage, and Antinomia means antinomy. So you're saying that it will be impossible to manage the other four?

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 01:11:18 PM »
Google translate seems to think Ceithre means four, Imman means manage, and Antinomia means antinomy. So you're saying that it will be impossible to manage the other four?

Okay. So apparently there is now a third meaning to the name. It was unintended, but apropos.

The First
(click to show/hide)

The Second
(click to show/hide)
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 02:46:02 PM »
Lol @ initials

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 02:53:36 PM »
Hmm... since I made it so that I couldn't do Deep Rot, maybe you could McPoyo. Possibly on a demiplane made by Ransom.

Would kind of mesh with your "is a living secret" thing. Have the "computer" set to analyzing other secrets?

EDIT: @ Sir P., are the items in your char. sheet ones that have been approved by Ayegill already? If so, can Svern Usk (my arty cohort) copy the scema for them? Cause I would so pimp the Earring of Resilience. Possibly as an ornament hanging from one of my horns.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 03:18:41 PM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 03:20:07 PM »
I have no idea how I just leaded what Deep Rot was now, but i'm totally doing it now. I have 170ish years of waiting now, after all.

Offline AyeGill

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 03:30:06 PM »
Given that this world is generally populated by people who know what they're doing, I'm thinking it would make sense to institute Wish economy. Your feelings?

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 03:38:58 PM »
Given that this world is generally populated by people who know what they're doing, I'm thinking it would make sense to institute Wish economy. Your feelings?

A Wish Economy?

Care to explain what you mean by that?

B/c all I can think of is how realistic is it that you will be able to consistently cast a spell with an XP cost, or find someone willing to take money for casting a spell that takes part of their soul.

But once you have a genie, which quickly becomes genies, Wishes become so commonplace that they wouldn't have any real market value.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 03:53:23 PM »
He is refering to "The Wish Economy" developped in the Tomes series by Frank Trollman & co.
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline AyeGill

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 03:57:53 PM »
He is refering to "The Wish Economy" developped in the Tomes series by Frank Trollman & co.

Yes.

Essentially, since goods like diamonds and gold pieces, and all magic items worth less than 5000 gp(the limit on what you can create with wish), are easily reproducible, while items worth more take actual effort to make, there's no way in hell you can buy an item worth more than 5 grand for gold, since the wizard/artificer who made the item can probably just print gold at will. So a schism is formed between the markets for items worth more and less than 5 grand, and stuff like souls and liquid pain and the like, that cannot easily be mass produced, is used as currency to buy stuff on the expensive side of that barrier.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 04:23:20 PM »

Yes.

Essentially, since goods like diamonds and gold pieces, and all magic items worth less than 5000 gp(the limit on what you can create with wish), are easily reproducible, while items worth more take actual effort to make, there's no way in hell you can buy an item worth more than 5 grand for gold, since the wizard/artificer who made the item can probably just print gold at will. So a schism is formed between the markets for items worth more and less than 5 grand, and stuff like souls and liquid pain and the like, that cannot easily be mass produced, is used as currency to buy stuff on the expensive side of that barrier.

Please bear in mind that my tone is genuinely inquisitive here and not condescending / sardonic.

Is this relevant? We will have people who, aside from mass printing GP, can mass-produce any other mundane material. We will have two cohorts, who are item-crafters. One can make whatever, but has to worry about GP / XP, though the mundane material costs are irrelevant, and can drain the XP from the mass-producible items. The other doesn't have to worry about GP / XP, but is slightly more limited in what he can make.

So we are self-sufficient once we get together, right? So, why would it matter what means we would use to get items from others, if we can get them all from each other, setting the terms each time in between the players.

Don't get me wrong, however the NPC's want reimbursed for their wares / services is entirely up to you, and I won't object to anything you set forth as far as such for this world. I just don't see it being relevant except in rare circumstances like trying to get a Doppelganger Brain, which would be completely ad-hoc anyway.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline AyeGill

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2012, 02:53:44 AM »
Granted, it's not as relevant what with your cohort's item crafting, but it still limits your ability to buy stuff that's beyond your cohorts(epic items, etc).

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2012, 11:28:48 AM »
Granted, it's not as relevant what with your cohort's item crafting, but it still limits your ability to buy stuff that's currently beyond your cohorts(epic items, etc).

FTFY.

And I have no problem with bartering if / when it becomes relevant.

Actually, I prefer bartering, more RP opportunity.

As a Con though, RP'ing the bartering back & forth may slow down the PbP more. This is just an assumption though, since I've never played a PbP game before.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline AyeGill

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2012, 11:45:23 AM »
Granted, it's not as relevant what with your cohort's item crafting, but it still limits your ability to buy stuff that's currently beyond your cohorts(epic items, etc).

FTFY.

And I have no problem with bartering if / when it becomes relevant.

Actually, I prefer bartering, more RP opportunity.

As a Con though, RP'ing the bartering back & forth may slow down the PbP more. This is just an assumption though, since I've never played a PbP game before.

There's a few things that have set prices - gems with souls in them, for example, go for the equivalent of 100 gp times the CR of the soul squared.

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2012, 11:46:19 AM »
Minor quibble, it's 15k in gp value.

Also, link for those interested: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Dungeonomicon_(DnD_Other)/Economicon

I also have zero preference whether we use it or not. I function in all games like the Wish Economy is active, and plan accordingly.