Author Topic: Eiji's Ark of Species  (Read 30558 times)

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
Re: Eiji's Ark of Species
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2014, 03:33:59 AM »
Mudada.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2014, 02:39:33 AM »
The Scrollcaster is a wizard who casts out of his spellbook.  A nerfed caster, in theory, but not by any great amount.
Mudada.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2014, 03:59:52 AM »
Mudada.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2014, 03:10:57 PM »
been watching the Syfy movies I see?

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2014, 02:26:16 AM »
Mudada.

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2014, 03:41:33 AM »
I'd like input on this, a different familiar of sorts.
Interesting, but for what reason would you take it over a normal familiar? It seems inferior in every way to a standard (physical) familiar.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2014, 03:50:51 AM »
Interesting, but for what reason would you take it over a normal familiar? It seems inferior in every way to a standard (physical) familiar.

It can speak and can't be killed, and ability score ends up higher (not excessively so, a 20 in one stat at 20th).  With telepathy and the ability to recall it, it is much more the scout familiar, but is no good for any physical activities.

So you think I undershot.  Interesting.  I did undershoot a bit since I wasn't sure if I was making it too strong or not.  Do you have suggestions?  I was pondering raising mental scores, starting at 8 or 10, or increasing the bonus from ability score increases.  Also, bringing back the useful but minor +3 skill/+2 save bonus most familiars possess.  Ideas?
Mudada.

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2014, 04:13:04 AM »

It can speak and can't be killed, and ability score ends up higher (not excessively so, a 20 in one stat at 20th).  With telepathy and the ability to recall it, it is much more the scout familiar, but is no good for any physical activities.

So you think I undershot.  Interesting.  I did undershoot a bit since I wasn't sure if I was making it too strong or not.  Do you have suggestions?  I was pondering raising mental scores, starting at 8 or 10, or increasing the bonus from ability score increases.  Also, bringing back the useful but minor +3 skill/+2 save bonus most familiars possess.  Ideas?
I think I missed the fact that the ability score increase wasn't only the ones from the table. Somehow I confused them into marking when the mental stats increase... oops. And telepathy over speaking is pretty strong for a scout, that's true. I think giving it the +3 to a skill / +2 to a save would work well, because that's all that I see missing right now.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2014, 04:14:31 AM »

I think I missed the fact that the ability score increase wasn't only the ones from the table. Somehow I confused them into marking when the mental stats increase... oops. And telepathy over speaking is pretty strong for a scout, that's true. I think giving it the +3 to a skill / +2 to a save would work well, because that's all that I see missing right now.

I see your assessment and agree, I'll add that.  Thanks.
Mudada.

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2014, 04:19:45 AM »

I see your assessment and agree, I'll add that.  Thanks.
Mhmm, happy to help~

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2014, 05:35:14 PM »
You have to follow this with a variant on the Leadership Feat called "Hallucinatory Cohort" for friends only the Feats taker can see...

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
Mudada.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2014, 03:32:21 AM »
So many prank otpions available for that spell...

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2014, 05:19:13 PM »
So many prank otpions available for that spell...

The ultimate haunted house awaits.

Military Light Mace and Military Heavy Mace have appeared.  Maces were lacking, so I gave them a reason to exist; armor busting.  Just as intended.  Also a Great Mace.
Mudada.

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2014, 04:31:29 AM »
I love that maces do what they're supposed to and ignore a bit of armor.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2014, 06:49:37 AM »
I love that maces do what they're supposed to and ignore a bit of armor.

:) Thank you.

And now, have a thief dagger.  What you thought it was a dagger for thieves?
Mudada.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2014, 07:30:08 PM »
Recent talk about CMB/CMD has prompted me to make this.  I am wondering how much this changes the numbers.
Mudada.

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2014, 07:56:43 PM »
Recent talk about CMB/CMD has prompted me to make this.  I am wondering how much this changes the numbers.
Hm, interesting. Should make it easier against monsters, true.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2014, 05:54:58 AM »
Mudada.