Author Topic: Act I - Before the Storm  (Read 11987 times)

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
Re: Act I - Before the Storm
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2014, 10:18:01 PM »
Bigogan struggles again, trying to escape... but it comes to no fruition (5). Trying once more... no, still nothing. (11)

Offline Michael Lightning

• It's the end of the world..... What's for dinner?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2014, 10:49:58 PM »
Seeing as his first spell missed, Kalavar goes for a simpler cantrip, one that flings a light that burns like fire, still straight to the guard in the back, doing a much better job at steadying his aim, and aims straight for center mass. He then gets up and starts trying to move towards the front.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 10:54:42 PM by Michael Lightning »
~And through it all, it ends with a single flash of lightning~

Offline VennDygrem

• Honorary Mod
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2014, 11:18:05 PM »
The other human briefly lights up in holy radiance, whimpering in pain and surprise. "Please," he shouts, "We didn't ask for this! They made us! Have mercy!"

(click to show/hide)

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2014, 11:29:30 PM »
As Karathan steps forward he says "Mercy? Pray for mercy from the gods; you won't get any from me."

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2014, 11:37:41 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2014, 01:12:27 AM »
"You might wanna  leave someone alive fer questionin'."

« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 01:14:16 AM by bhu »

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 12:54:09 AM »
Erenor looks around deliberately, taking stock of the situation. 

(click to show/hide)

The two people chained on either side of Erenor hear a voice echoing in their own minds, speaking to them in what seems to be their native tongues.  <Do not be alarmed!  My name is Erenor Nailo, and I am the comrade confined beside you.  I will strive to slip these shackles, then assist you in doing the same.  Once free, we will have the opportunity to overpower our oppressors!>

(I try to squirm out of the bonds)
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2014, 01:17:47 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Rin

• Now, count up your sins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2014, 07:34:13 PM »
To be perfectly fair, there were far worse things that someone like Ginger could have woken up to.  There had been times when she'd fallen asleep half-suspecting to wake up tied to a stake, after all, so tied to a bunch of strangers on a boat surrounded by guards seemed almost quaint in comparison.  Still, it wasn't exactly a situation she wanted to remain in... She was a bit confused as to why they'd risk having someone with her appearance onboard, even bound like this, until she saw the drow break free and start a fight.

Well, at least that provided ample distraction to make her escape.  As grandmother always said, when opportunity knocks, break his kneecaps and drag him inside so he can't get away.

Wanting to stay out of harm's way, she hurried behind a nearby wood elf, hoping he wouldn't mind being used as a living shield as she worked on removing her restraints.  Not that it would take long... It was a simple spell, and she'd long since learned how to cast it without needing her hands.

(click to show/hide)

Offline caelic

• fnord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2014, 05:35:00 PM »
Until now, the swarthy, black-haired, leather-clad human has remained still and motionless.  Perhaps he got a stronger dose of whatever was used to put the captives under; perhaps he's just a sound sleeper.  Whatever the case, he hasn't moved...until now.

Volsk cracks a gummy eye open. 

"I do not like headaches," he mutters, in thickly-accented Common.  "Or ships.  Or being tied up."

Awake for three seconds, and already confronted by three things he seriously dislikes.  This is not going to be a good day, and so, the Rashemi druid decides to do something about it.  He seems to swell with anger...and then swell some more, growing large and brown and furry and bearlike.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:17:17 PM by caelic »

Offline VennDygrem

• Honorary Mod
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2014, 10:39:03 AM »
Ginger manages to free her hands of their bonds, her magic proving once again to be a great asset. Metal shackles still bind her feet, though with the chain broken by the Drow, it is a simple task to pull free.

Before she can yank the chain from the loop, the long-dozing human arouses, and in what seems to be a fit of rage, enlarges and changes shape into the form a large, brown bear! His sudden bulk sends the dinghy into chaos as it sloshes from side to side, its occupants now struggling to maintain balance.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 11:19:15 AM by VennDygrem »

Offline VennDygrem

• Honorary Mod
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2014, 09:40:10 AM »
With the added weight and bulk of the bear in the boat, and its struggle to break free of its bonds, the boat slides first to one side, then to the other, and finally topples! Everyone in the dinghy falls into the chilly water, some clinging to its surface even as it dumps them out.

(click to show/hide)

Round 1!
(click to show/hide)

It's Ginger's turn, followed by Erenor. (You can both post now.)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 09:44:30 AM by VennDygrem »

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2014, 12:23:09 AM »
Erenor curses aloud as the boat tips, dumping him into the briny blue.  Luckily, he catches the side of the vessel before it topples, so he isn't left treading water.  He scrambles futilely trying to get back on board, but can't quite manage to pull himself out of the water. 

Turning to the burly half orc nearby, he says You there, board this blasted boat briskly, so you can give an old man a hand!

(click to show/hide)
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline VennDygrem

• Honorary Mod
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2014, 07:14:08 PM »
The Orcish navigator scowls as he draws a heavy-bladed cutlass, then dashes over toward Phyr. However, having been nearly asleep himself, his swing is sloppy as it flies wide and misses the dark-elf.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2014, 08:05:31 PM »
Bigogan sputters and flails in the water, but is unable to wiggle back into the boat, as he is still bound.

Offline caelic

• fnord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2014, 10:19:19 PM »
Well, Volsk is more aware of his surroundings now.

That's good.

Unfortunately, his surroundings are water, and his arms are still tied.

That's bad.

This is shaping up to be a really bad day.

First things first: he's a wet bear, shortly to be a wet DROWNING bear, and judging by the shouts and splashing, he dumped other people over the side when he changed shape.

Well, ropes designed to bind his arms shouldn't have too much effect if he doesn't HAVE arms...and so, he begins to shift again, this time into a dolphin.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2014, 08:46:57 AM »
The navigator had brought himself into a bad situation, within easy reach of the dark elf now glowering at him after his sloppy flailing was easily just leant under. Now having properly adjusted for the weight of the shackles, she chose to use the heavy metal to try and smash the idiot navigator's skull in.

(click to show/hide)

Offline VennDygrem

• Honorary Mod
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2014, 01:56:19 PM »
Volsk's bonds slip free as his arms transform into flippers. The brisk waters feel almost familiar as he slips into the waves. Phyr's furious flurry crushes the orc's skull in, and he slumps down to the deckboards.

(click to show/hide)

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2014, 07:36:17 PM »
Kalavar grabs the boat as it throws him over, taking advantage of his unbound limbs. "Great, a bath is the last thing I needed right now." he grumbled, as he lifted himself from the water. "Hold on a second, and I'll help you people out of the drink."

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2014, 12:42:57 AM »
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4660495/  looks like disadvantage means i missed grabbing boat by 1

swim check now yes?