Author Topic: A Wretched Hive (Game Thread)  (Read 40755 times)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
  • TPK's are my business, and business is good.
    • View Profile
A Wretched Hive (Game Thread)
« on: July 06, 2016, 08:56:00 AM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 11:21:44 AM by Melblen_Cairn »
Wisdom has two parts; having a lot to say, and not saying it.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: A Wretched Hive (Game Thread)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 11:22:25 AM »

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 08:28:29 AM »
Drifting in the outer reaches of space, the Resurgence and her crew has been your hosts after the rescue of the Imperial Admiral Gilder Varth from a Felucian prison. After a few days, you are called to the ship's main briefing room.

Upon arrival, you see Gilder Varth awaits you, now dressed in the uniform of an Alderaanian ship officer. At his side a silver and yellow astromech whirs away as it interfaces with the computer console at the center conference table. He indicates for you all to take a seat. Again even the needs of a Sluissi to sit comfortably have been anticipated.

Corran flops down in a chair next to the curving chair intended for his serpentine friend. Rald flanks the otherside and seats himself, datapad on to take notes.

As soon as everyone is comfortable, the holo-projector springs to life, and the blue-tinted hologram of a Hutt appears to hover a few inches away from the projector’s three curved prongs. With a brusque clearing of his throat, former Imperial officer Gilder Varth rises and begins to pace the floor while he speaks, wasting little time on pleasantries.

“Before the Empire decided my conscience was a liability,” he says, “I was involved peripherally in a top-secret plan known as the Sarlacc Project. While the details of the project are unknown to me, I was involved in the transfer of large sums of credits and resources to the project. Whatever the project entails, it is taking up a lot of the Empire’s time and effort. Moreover, I believe that this Sarlacc Project is destroying the lives of thousands of sentient beings; casualty reports crossed my desk on a regular basis."

After a brief pause he continnues, “Unfortunately, I don’t know much more than that. However, during my brief brushes with the project, I discovered that the Imperial Navy was hiding the program’s existence from the Senate by transferring resources through secondary sources. Resources were routed through the Corporate Sector, through fake contractors, and through the criminal underworld to keep a trail from leading back to the project.

One such secondary source was a Hutt crime lord named Darga. Like all Hutts, Darga is a slimy gangster whose love of credits is exceeded only by his love of power. Part of my job involved transferring resources to Darga, and in turn arranging for Imperial agents to take control of other resources from the Hutt’s organization. These were not simply transfers of credits. The items being traded were not specified, but physical resources were definitely being exchanged. Though it’s not much, this is the only lead we have.

Captain Verana has charged me with helping to uncover more about the Sarlacc Project, and he has authorized me to use you as my agents. We need to find Darga the Hutt and see if you can learn what he is trading in and how it relates to the Sarlacc Project. Do you have any questions so far?"
he pauses to allow you time to digest whats been presented and to ask questions.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 12:59:11 PM »
Silten does have a question.

"Would the project's name be a hint about its purpose?"

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 08:13:33 AM »
Rald brings up information on his data pad about what a Sarlaac is and shows Corran and Silten, "Do you think they are cloning these on a massive scale?"

After reading a bit, Corran says, "Yeah, and the "physical resources" mentioned are being fed to them all."

"Anything is possible. As I said we do not know anything about the end goal of the project though many projects for the Imperial government have outlandish names." Varth answers.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 08:27:57 AM »
"You don't seem to know very much here for us to work with. How are we supposed to find this Hutt? Is there any leads you can give us?" Corran asks.

Varth gives the Corellian a hard stare, "There is something, I am not certain how much it will help us in locating this Hutt. During the Clone War, Darga broke with most of the Cartel and worked closely with the Separatists. He was given enough resources to raise a privateering fleet that prayed on shipping lanes and outlying settlements of the now collapsed republic." he turns back toward the hologram of the hutt and continues "Darga profited not only from the plunder but we also found that he was selling captured prisoners to Zygarrian slavers. When the Zygarrian slave market was put down during the war it led us to Darga's fleet. I was aboard one of the ships that attacked his location."

The image on the holo projector shift to a Lucrehulk class star ship. "This is the Star Worm, Darga's capital ship in his fleet. It was destroyed during the battle. Darga fled and went underground since. The coordinates of the battle are being uploaded to your personal devices. Large pieces of ships destroyed in battle still float in space. If one of the Star Worm's computers is still in tact we might glean some information on where Darga may have escaped to."

"So and underground Hutt and the location of a battle where a destroyed ship has floated away from is all we can go on?"

"I think we may know of a certain droid that is good with information that may have come across more. Do you think we should reach out to Switch?" Rald says quietly to Silten.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 03:06:14 PM »
Silten nods and whispers back, "Yess, it would be good to sstay on hiss good sside."

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 07:52:36 AM »
"How much does the job pay?" Corran asks.

"Captain Verana has authorized me to pay each of you a modest some in exchange for your efforts. If we are right, this could strike a large blow to the Empire. If there are no further questions then you are dismissed, you may continue to use the Resurgence's resources to begin your search."

Rald looks to you both. "Can you two work on reaching out to Switch? Monitoring on my bothan patient shows he should be waking from his coma soon." During your time on the Resugence, Rald has drove right into working int he Resurgence's medical bay and has made himself right at home.

He walks up to the former Admiral and you overhear as you are leaving, "Well most of your color has returned, but you still to rest; and eat, your weight still has not returned to it's normal levels."

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 07:44:45 AM »
You both enter Corran's quarters, and after setting up a secure enough connection. The image of the protocol droid turned information broker flickers to life in front of you. "Ah, good evening. It has been exactly twenty nine standard days, twenty hours, thirty six minutes, and twenty 4 seconds since we last spoke. That qualifies for an "it's been a long time". I hope future communications between us happen more regularly, or our original deal may be in danger of being void."

The droid seems to wait either for an exchange of pleasantries or an excuse as to why you have not contacted him sooner, it is hard to tell with this unpredictable budding crime lord.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2016, 10:17:37 AM »
Silten does neither and instead gives a short explanation of the new information that they've learned.  He then asks if Switch has heard anything about the project or the possible location of Star Worm's computers.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 08:45:14 AM »
"That is interesting, and explains what really happened compared to the rumors I have been hearing about a terrorist attack on a remote corporate research facility on the planet Felucia." the droid muses for a moment. "There are many rumored secret projects of the Empire, none called the Sarlaac Project. These have all been, thus far, started by unreliable conspiracy theorists, the same ones that indicate the Emperor is a Sith or a puppet of an ancient alien technological intelligence. This would be the first solid lead that there are projects being hidden from the Senate and their oversight committees."

He continues to speak, but you can tell the droid is puzzling through a million outcomes at once. "The name Darga, has not come up since the Clone Wars. He has done well to hide himself, I thought he was dead. I too have been searching for the Star Worm's wreckage. I have a vested interest in it. One of the colonies that Darga's pirates raided contained the research facility of a now defunct corporation that worked on advanced droid technology.

Some of it may have survived the ship's destruction. One piece that I am particularly interested in, is a prototype taste simulator unit."
You remember on your last visit to the droid over Brentaal, the droids massive collection of spirits from around the galaxy and can guess why he would desire such an upgrade.

"I have recently traded some information with a smuggler, who happened upon a derelict section of Lucre-hulk class ship. My assumption was this could be the Star Worm, but with your coordinates of the battle it is now more than plausible." the droid seems positively giddy at this point, "You must find this wreckage. I will pay you 2,500 credits and fifteen percent of the sale of any salvage you bring back. Bring me back the Simulator and you may keep the all the profits from the sale of the salvage. If we have a deal, I will send you the coordinates the smuggler Vordell traded to me."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 07:59:00 PM »
"I musst speak with my companionss," Silten says in response.  He then quickly relays the proposed deal to the rest of his team.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2016, 08:40:02 AM »
Coming out of an ajoining room with a small bag packed with his personal belongings, Corran listens to Silten bring him up to speed on the offer. "Surely if the cargo means that much to you Switch I think 4000 credits is more worth our time here.

"Ah but you also need my coordinates to find the Star Worm for you purposes, and I can find anyone to salvage the wreck for me. I remind you that you did agree to work for me." his vocabulator switches to a recording of the conversation and plays back each agreement in order to reduce the price of the information they were looking for previous. "Consider me offering to pay you, a professional courtesy."

"Oh well then Thank you Switch. Lets atleast talk about the pultry fifteen percent on the salvage. We don't even know if your Simulator survived. Its a good bet it didn't so we would like a better cut. Twenty five percent is better.

"It is better, but not what I am offering you. It costs money to fence CIS salvaged parts these days, especially if it is military grade hardware. There are certain steps one must go through and lots of officials to bribe. Fifteen will suffice for you."

Corran shrugs at Silten, "Well I tried. Guess we take it. We need the information."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2016, 10:21:51 AM »
Silten nods, he doesn't see any other options here.  "We are agreed then."

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2016, 11:01:05 PM »
"Splendid. Transmitting the coordinates. You would do well to hurry along. Vordell is not one to sell information to just one source. I would imagine there would be a number of interested parties in salvaging the wreckage." Switch adds at the end as the holo winks out.

"Well, looks like we need to secure a ship to handle this salvage run. Not sure the Banshee can handle the cargo but I will talk with Sirona. Probably best if you collected your droid from Rald and let him know when we are departing. He is getting pretty cozy here with being a legitimate doctor again. Even odds he is staying aboard here. Would you signal my comm when your ready to meet up to leave?"

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2016, 10:21:21 AM »
Silten nods again, "Of coursse."  He then goes off in search of the doctor to retrieve his droid.  If a doctor droid is the best they can do then Silten is making sure that it is coming with him.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2016, 11:48:21 AM »
Silten enters the medical bay of the Resurgence. Much larger and better equipped than what the Banshee has. Along one wall is several tanks of bacta. The bothan you rescued from the Imperial prison facility is no longer contained in one, leading you to believe he has awoken from his coma.

2-1B is working at a computer terminal entering data on a patient. It notices you approach. "Good day Master Silten. Are you feeling ill today or injured in any way? You do not usually come to the Medical Bay. Master Rald is in with our bothan patient, he recently awoke from his coma."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2016, 07:51:29 PM »
"I will leave leaving ssoon and you will accompany me, it sseemss that Rald will be remaining here and we might need medical attention."

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2016, 08:31:36 AM »
"Of course Master. First I must let Master Rald know that these records need to be completed by him now in my absence." as the droid leaves to interrupt the doctor. A moment passes and both the droid and Rald return to the room.

"Leaving without saying goodbye?" the khil asks Before you go, I found something interesting with the bothan prisoner we rescued." and bids you join him in his office.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2016, 11:17:21 AM »
Silten shakes his head, "Jusst making final preparationss."

He follows Rald into his office and asks, "What did you find?'