Author Topic: OOC Discussion  (Read 13838 times)

Offline VennDygrem

• Honorary Mod
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Discussion
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2015, 10:46:08 AM »
No, just slowly-progressing. I recently had finals and the holidays haven't done much for my free time. I'll be looking into the extras for linklord's Paladin soon, and then we'll be able to begin. Dark days are settling upon Karthun, and your ragtag group might just be able to do something about it.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2016, 04:54:51 PM »
No, just slowly-progressing. I recently had finals and the holidays haven't done much for my free time. I'll be looking into the extras for linklord's Paladin soon, and then we'll be able to begin. Dark days are settling upon Karthun, and your ragtag group might just be able to do something about it.

How is the prep going?

Offline VennDygrem

• Honorary Mod
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2016, 11:34:31 PM »
Unfortunately, pretty slowly. Classes are kicking my ass more than I thought, but I've had a bunch of other set-backs recently as well (including a pretty major issue with my car that gives me about 3 months to get it fixed before I can't legally drive it anymore, and will have to buy a new one (something I am woefully under-funded for at the moment). I mean, the issue can be fixed, but it's expensive if I can't get it fixed under warranty, in which case it would make more financial sense to put the money toward a new car that will last longer than one starting to fall apart.

I had a bunch of notes on your characters somewhere, and had come up with ideas on what to do for linklord's critical maneuver and other bonuses, but I can't seem to find those notes. I'll have to either track them down or redesign stuff.

Beyond that, I wasn't thrilled with the campaign plot hooks I was coming up with, so I set about redesigning the campaign a bit, especially as more info is starting to trickle out about the setting. It was probably pretty foolish to try and set up a game without the full, published text ready to reference, but I am a fool with his feet already in the water, now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2016, 01:02:13 PM »
Well I hope that things get less hectic and stressful, since we never got fully past character creation I personally am fine with more waiting if need be.

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2016, 03:58:22 PM »
I was planning on re-reading everything before we start anyway, so whether that is a week or month(s) from now is immaterial. I will be exactly as ready then as I am now.
Hmm.

Offline VennDygrem

• Honorary Mod
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2016, 08:02:59 PM »
I just had a spark of inspiration to get working on the campaign more. I'll be reviewing characters and the Karthun material to refresh myself, get some material prepped, and then we'll start thereafter. Priority #1 is finishing my work with Linklord's character, which I plan to work on this weekend. Expect some PM's incoming soon.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2016, 04:45:53 PM »
Still feeling inspired?

Offline VennDygrem

• Honorary Mod
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2016, 10:04:30 PM »
I was trying to work out the logistics and it wasn't working because not enough of the party is comprised of right bastards. :P
I've got story arcs worked out, but part of the problem is determining which needs to come first, what will affect following plot hooks, and what will be affected if the party makes unforeseen choices. I want the story to be in player hands as much as possible without putting too much of it on rails, though the framework needs to be there in case you guys would rather just go with the flow.

Mostly I've just been swamped at work. I haven't really been posting as frequently in the games I'm just playing in, either. Plugging along on details, still.

And I'm still trying to figure out what to do for linklord's character that's balanced against the rest of the party's secret awesome stuff. :)

So, I've seen activity from Nanshork and SDK; Is everyone else still checking in as well? I'll PM people if I don't get a response soon.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:08:57 PM by VennDygrem »

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2016, 12:40:46 AM »
Well you don't have to worry about me. Bards are balanced against everything. :)
Hmm.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2016, 02:45:27 AM »
i am perennial :D

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2016, 10:53:25 AM »
Take all the time you need, just don't forget about us. :)

Offline VennDygrem

• Honorary Mod
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2016, 01:33:49 PM »
I won't forget about you or this game! Unfortunately, I made the questionable decision to start it concurrent to starting grad school. "How hard could it be to do both?" Never ask yourself this question, because the answer is always "More than you could know."  :lmao