Author Topic: Fun Finds the 2nd Party Edition  (Read 115543 times)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Finds the 2nd Party Edition
« Reply #300 on: December 06, 2017, 03:16:06 PM »
also, would reshape allow you to go for spiked armor as a weapon, do you think?
It should, but I missed the melee limitation at 3am in the morning so I guess use Expansion & a Sharktooth Staff for an area Grapple.

Quote from: Dragon #341:87
Reshape Mind Blade [Psionic]
Your mind blade can take an additional form.
Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +4, ability to form a mind blade, shape mind blade.
Benefit: Choose any simple, martial, or exotic melee weapon with which you are proficient. Your mind blade can take on a form identical to the chosen weapon with all of that weapon's statistics; damage; threat range; critical modifier, and any extra features the weapon might have (such as a fail's ability to trip and bonus to disarm attempts). Reshaping a mind blade is a full-round action. You can also manifest your mind blade in this shape.
Special: You may gain this feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new type of weapon with which you are proficient.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 03:18:15 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton....
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #301 on: December 06, 2017, 04:20:05 PM »
It should, but I missed the melee limitation at 3am in the morning so I guess use Expansion & a Sharktooth Staff for an area Grapple.

Quote from: Dragon #341:87
Reshape Mind Blade [Psionic]
Your mind blade can take an additional form.
Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +4, ability to form a mind blade, shape mind blade.
Benefit: Choose any simple, martial, or exotic melee weapon with which you are proficient. Your mind blade can take on a form identical to the chosen weapon with all of that weapon's statistics; damage; threat range; critical modifier, and any extra features the weapon might have (such as a fail's ability to trip and bonus to disarm attempts). Reshaping a mind blade is a full-round action. You can also manifest your mind blade in this shape.
Special: You may gain this feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new type of weapon with which you are proficient.

Yeah, 't'would be nice if there was a version/variant for the soulbow.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 06, 2017, 06:53:08 PM »
Spiked armor counts as a light martial melee weapon, so there don't seem to be any technical limitations on a Soulknife going spiky.

Gauntlets, if we go by this table don't technically show up as melee.  Or ranged.  Though RC does mention "Striking with punches and kicks is like attacking with a melee weapon..." on page 16.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 25, 2019, 04:48:28 PM »
Psiologist from DS Prestige Classes 2, p29:

Psionic, high points are these two:

Psionic Acumen (Ps): At 2nd level, you develop ways to strengthen your powers farther than other users of the Way. You can now augment any power you know for a total of 1 power point more than your manifester level. At 5th and 9th level, you add an additional power point to the limit of power points you can spend for augmenting powers you know. This benefit cannot be used while you are wild surging, since it is by controlling consciously your use of the Will that you achieve this result.

Psionic Rationalization (Ps): At 3rd level, your understanding of the Way shows itself as you can enhance your powers while making less use of your Will. When using a metapsionic feat, you reduce the increased power point cost by 1. At 7th level, you can reduce the cost by an additional point. The cost cannot be reduced below its original cost by the use of this ability.

Yeah, totally free Metapsionics.

Royal Animator, same book, p32.

It's one level long, but the first level lets you apply a ton of different buffs to undead you create for a tiny XP cost. And all you need is Knowledge (Religion) ranks to get the different bonuses.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 04:55:07 PM by Stratovarius »

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 25, 2019, 05:54:31 PM »
Royal Animator, same book, p32.

It's one level long, but the first level lets you apply a ton of different buffs to undead you create for a tiny XP cost. And all you need is Knowledge (Religion) ranks to get the different bonuses.

Unfortunate it requires hard ranks (meaning they are effectively level gated), but still pretty cool. Notably though, it looks like the cost is per casting of a necromancy spell, not per creature.

Each ability has a cost in XP and when applied affects all creatures produced through a necromancy spell

The rank 12 option (Undead Lieutenant) is stupidly good. It blows the undead control limit out of the water by giving each one of the animated creatures 2HD of subordinate undead per HD of its own. They have to stay within 30ft of the lieutenant, but that's not terribly difficult when you have them all pile into a portable hole anyway.

Offline TC X0 Lt 0X

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • The TC Storywriter
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 26, 2019, 02:29:52 AM »
Royal Defiler mentions you need to be a defiler. From what I can gather it deals with being an Arcane Spellcaster of sorts, but I am not sure if it is a specific class, a status Arcane casters can obtain with some feat or other prestige class, or just a general label for Arcane casters in general?
Im really bad at what I do.
A+

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 26, 2019, 07:32:43 AM »
It means wizard, basically. http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=16816.0 will explain it.

Offline magic9mushroom

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 26, 2019, 08:00:13 AM »
Royal Defiler mentions you need to be a defiler. From what I can gather it deals with being an Arcane Spellcaster of sorts, but I am not sure if it is a specific class, a status Arcane casters can obtain with some feat or other prestige class, or just a general label for Arcane casters in general?

In Dark Sun, arcane magic draws power from the life energy of Athas. Good people generally try to avoid taking too much, and are called "preservers". Evil people draw all they can for extra power, which has a bunch of cool mechanical effects (free metamagic, re-using slots) but kills all the nonsentient life in the vicinity - for decades to centuries. Athas is largely a wasteland in the current era because there are actually quite a few evil people around, and defiling adds up fast.

Dragon 315 has rules for preserving/defiling magic, and 319 has a Dark Sun player's handbook (Dungeon 110 has a complementary Dark Sun DM's guide). Not sure whether that's reprinted/superseded by other 2nd-party Dark Sun material.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 26, 2019, 09:10:20 AM »
I would generally say that's superseded by the Athas.org material, given they were the ones who received the official WotC stamp for Dark Sun in third edition. Its also much more extensive, although that's not always a mark of quality.

Offline akkristor

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 27, 2019, 09:28:10 PM »
Dragon #347 is a boon for any summoner. 
Page 57 adds the Paraelementals to summon Monster and Summon Natures Ally at the same level as standard elementals, and also to Elemental Monolith.

Page 71 adds the spell Elemental Guardian.  Clr 5, Sor/Wiz 5, Drd 4.  Summons a Lesser Elemental Weird  (8HD, Medium size).  Elemental Weirds have a moderate strength slam attack, an o.k. ranged blast, Improved Grab, and Suffocate.
Downsides: The Weird is restricted from moving more than 100ft from the point of origin of the spell, and the casting time is 10 minutes.
Upsides:  The summon lasts for 1 DAY per level.  Same HD as a Large elemental, at the level of Medium elementals.   Can also be made permanent.

Offline Nanashi

• it means "he who has no name" in a foreign tongue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 27, 2019, 06:33:14 PM »
Dragon 351 has Dragonmarked Sorcerer which, in exchange for one feat and not being able to take Dragonmark feats, gives you all the SLAs granted by your Dragonmark to your Spells Known. RAW this isn't actually a Dragonmark, which means you can't take feats that require one and can take stuff (Aberrant, Child of Kyber) that require not having one. It's unclear if Dragonmark Adept/Prodigy/Visionary spells are added.

Jorasco is explicitly mentioned (albeit to say it's rare, but on Eberron that just means PC material). That means you add Cure Light Wounds, Lesser Restoration, Cure Serious Wounds, Neutralize poison, Remove Disease, Restoration and Heal to your casting. When "you are the appropriate level to [cast them]" is I have no idea, but I'd assume when you can cast spells of a high enough level to cast them at the level they are on the Cleric list, but it doesn't say.

In the same article are variant sorcerers for each of the progenitor dragons that trade away your familiar. Eberron gives you a half-power animal companion instead of a familiar, Diplomacy instead of bluff and, if you somehow qualify for it, Natural Spell works in Polymorph spells as well as it does for Wildshape. Khyber is trash, since it just improves the CL of your summoning spells by one AND prevents summoning good creatures. Siberys is the real prize though, giving Diplomacy and Knowledge (Planes) for free and boosting your effective charisma for determining saves (and if you have enough of an attribute to cast, but that rarely comes up) by 4.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 06:54:24 PM by Nanashi »

Offline redking

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 14, 2019, 08:10:16 AM »
Towers of High Sorcery, Dragonlance 3.5, p.52.

You can draw people (in the form of simulacrums, according to how they are remembered), and even half powered magical items. There is huge potential there. Combine with programmed amnesia for profit.

Offline Nanashi

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 23, 2019, 12:02:03 AM »
Dragon #355 page 42 has the Cannon Golem. It's really lame for its CR of 14 with three single digit saves (though it does have a golem's infinite SR), 135 HP, DR 10/Adamantine, and a set of really lame attacks consisting of a pair of 2d6+21 slams or ranged attacks its cannon dealing +13 3d6+13 or at will CL9 fireball doing 9d6 area damage. What caught my eye though is the construction requirements explicitly call for a cannon with no mention on how this works in any campaign setting. Weird.

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 07, 2019, 05:22:03 PM »
I come bearing a treasure trove of content from the oft-reviled Kingdoms of Kalamar:

Today I'm doing spells from the Villain Design Handbook. This book is so dense with unique spells that I'm barely skipping anything, and the ones listed range from amazingly good to unique mechanics not found elsewhere.

Appear Behind is a 3rd level arcane spell that teleports you and anything you touch (up to 50lb/level) to "directly behind any one opponent within a 25 ft radius". For all your anime needs of course. No somatic components, so it's a valid way to escape a grapple.

Arm is Girallon's Blessing lite, at level 1!. "The new arm may be used to grip objects, wield weapons, or perform any other task the person is normally considered capable of with their other arms". It's always considered off-hand, but has a 2h/level duration.

Ball of Disruption is a cold element version of fireball with long range and an interesting rider effect. Any spells cast within the area for the next 10 minutes take twice as long, have 1/3 range, and last half as long. It's level 4, but I think it's worth it.

Bar Creature is a brutal way to kill someone via abjuration of all things. It forces a person to leave a 10ft square, but if they are prevented from doing so or return, they take 1d4 con damage per round they remain. Abjurant Champions just got a SoD!

Bat Accident is grease, but with a 1d6 acid damage and nausea rider that lasts 1round/level. You are literally summoning a stream of bat shit into their face and mouth. Beautiful.

Beacon basically triples the random encounter rate in the area around it (which is 1/2 mile per level!). Also a pretty good way to instigate a monster siege on an unsuspecting village.

Bird's Eye View is the best low level scouting spell I've ever seen. The area is "Caster's normal range of vision" so if you climb a tree it's ludicrous. It lets you get an aerial view of anything in that area, with the sensor being placed at medium range upward.

Body Wrack is a unique way to screw with someone if you can compel them to cast spells. It deals 10d6 to a target, but for every 6 rolled, the caster permanently loses a hitpoint.

Bribe is a bard spell that makes people willing to accept bribes. In true testament to how dumb KoK writing can be, it provides a table and suggests using linear interpolation as a method for determining values outside the table.

Cluo's Babbling Tongues is a level 2 NO save, NO sr, 15 radius "everyone in the area speaks nothing but gibberish for 1hr/level. This bypasses Tongues since it is explicitly "incomprehensible babble, even to listeners not effected".

Constricting Serpent Arm allows anyone who can cast a level 2 spell to immobilize people with a stretchy arm simply by beating the enemy AC by 5.

Delay Spells simply shuts off ALL spellcasting for the target for 2 rounds per level. Unfortunately it allows both a will save and SR.

Dragon Radar is a level 1 spell that detects and describes (number, relative size) all dragons within spherical radius of 1 mile per level and lasts 10 minutes per level. Niche as hell, but spontaneous divination exists, so why not?

Dwarven Constitution is a level 2 arcane spell that gives the touched target the Kalamar dwarf racial ability of "+2 racial bonus on saving throws vs poisons, spells, and spell-like abilities" for 1hr/level. That's a hell of a level 2 buff.

More to come later.

Offline Nanashi

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 08, 2019, 01:33:40 AM »
Bird's Eye view isn't that crazy: Raven familiar can do that. Others are downright crazy though.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 08, 2019, 02:09:49 AM »
i had all the Kalamar spells in my super spell list.

Kalamar is a nightmare, some totally OP stuff, while lots of it is barely usable.
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 08, 2019, 04:03:03 AM »
i had all the Kalamar spells in my super spell list.

Kalamar is a nightmare, some totally OP stuff, while lots of it is barely usable.

Sifting through it exposes you to a ton of unique mechanics though, for when you need a spell that does something REALLY weird.

Offline Nanashi

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 19, 2019, 11:02:36 PM »
Dragon 304 introduces "Prestige Races", which is really just a fancy way of giving yourself slot free, unremovable magic items by spending a feat on the crafting feat and XP on the improvement. None of them seem that useful (they're priced as slotless items, and you often have to pay full price for an upgraded ability instead of the difference), but it's OGL content for some reason.

The issue also has a bunch of (non-OGL) spells. Bolster Damage Reduction is a 3rd level wiz/cleric/druid spell that improves any DR (except DR/-) by 5 for minutes per level, which is really good. Energize Projectiles (sorc/wiz 3) is what Flame Arrows should have been (has anyone ever used that spell? It would have been OK as a 2nd level spell but as a third level one its worthless) dealing 2d6 damage and letting you choose the energy type at the cost of lower duration, fewer projectiles and requiring the user have protection/resistance of that energy type. Sonic Wave (wiz 5) is a blast that deals CLd6 sonic damage (it also adds racial HD to CL if you have a sonic racial ability, which I'm sure some dragon can abuse).

Exemplifying dragon's loose affiliation with balance, there's a pair of cantrips that are situational save or die: Gasp on airbreathers underwater and attract eyes for something with gaze.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 11:22:32 PM by Nanashi »

Offline Nanashi

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 05, 2020, 02:43:53 PM »
The Rokugan d20 books are "produced by AEG under license from Wizards of the Coast, Inc." so I guess they count here.

Campaign Setting:
三y三 of the Sun Eye of the Sun is a first level Shugenja (fire) spell (!) that makes the target save or be blinded and stunned for a round (and they take some light damage if tainted).

B三t三n's Touch Beten's Touch is a second level (Air) spell on the Shugenja and Bard list that gives a +10 (!!!) enhancement bonus to all charisma based skills for 10 mins per level. It can be cast on anyone, though Shugenja are a charisma based class. Wisdom of the Kami is a 4th level Shugenja (Air) spell that gives a +10 bonus to any one skill not barred to Shugenja (though it's still untrained).

Castl三 Castle of Water (OK I'll stop now, but I really don't like the font used in these books using a real and common character, the one for three, in place of E) is a first level Shugenja/Druid (Water) spell that summons a wall of water in a ring around you. Anyone who touches the wall (even if you summon it under them) must save or thrown back, fall prone and take 1d4 damage. It also provides full cover against mundane projectiles (magic attacks, and big projectiles are uneffected while fire damages the wall).

Death of Flame is a 7th level Shugenja (Fire) spell that makes the target save or become feebleminded, confused and slowed for a round per level. I wouldn't note this if the Shugenja's fire list wasn't so crap this looked decent. Similarly Everburning Rage is an 8th level spell that makes the target disabled, explicitly including that they drop to negative HP if they take an action that would do so.

Immortal Steel (Earth Shugenja 4) is PF's Masterwork Transformation, though with an XP cost instead of money.

The Mirror's Smile is a 9th level Air Shugenja spell with "permanent" duration that can't be dispelled (did Permanent duration mean something different in 3E compared to 3.5?) that allows you to change the target into any other humanoid form. They gain the attribute bonuses (not modifiers) and natural abilities of the new form and lose all traits of their original form except bonus feats and skill points (so humans it's a strict upgrade). You can also make them look like the duplicate of an existing person by saying the appropriate full name. No save, but 10 min casting time, so you could use it offensively with a scroll.

Osano-Wo's Embrace is a 5th level Shugenja (Fire) spell that sets the target on fire, making them take 4d6 damage each round. The important part is the target can't take actions that require concentration while on fire from this spell, and it's a fortitude negates so it shuts down casters hard. They also must make a will 20 save or be useless.

The Penetrating Drop is a 7th level Shugenja (Water) spell that makes a "30 foot cube of non-living matter" take 3d10 damage per round that increased by 3d10 every round (3d10, 6d10, 9d10) for a number of rounds per level. Even if hardness is factored in, that will destroy most things (especially if extended). Time's Deadly Hand is an 8th level (Earth) spell that makes objects in a 5 foot radius per level age "hundreds or thousands of years". The intended use is to destroy shit, but I'm sure it would be interesting with wine.

Quiesence of Air is a 1st level Shugenja (Air) spell that creates a sphere around a creature that prevents sound from traveling past it in either direction for a minute per level. Silent casting/movement and immunity to sonic spell in exchange for failing listen checks is a nice trade for a 1st level spell.

Tremor is a Shugenja 3 (Earth) spell that makes everyone in a 100 foot radius area save or be knocked prone. That area is massive and you're explicitly excluded (good thing, since as a medium range spell you'd need to be level 11 to not hit yourself).

Wonderful Origami Furoshiki (Shugenja 3 Water) is yet another temporary bag of holding spell (50 pounds, plus 25 per CL to a max of 45). Worse than most due to ending if open.

Magic of Rokugan:
Unless otherwise noted, all spells are Shugenja only.

Agasha's Kiss ([Earth] 3) lets you temporarily reassign raw pluses of a Samurai's enhanced Daisho to special properties for minutes per level. Bane is the obvious use. Any other ideas?

Alter Mind ([Air] 8) is Mind Rape, Lesser. It's a Dominate Person paired with instant change in alignment for the victim. It's not [evil], but it is considered "dishonorable".

Arrows Flight ([Air] 1) doubles range increment of 50 arrows. Meh on its own, but stacks with a bunch of stuff and thus useful for theoretical optimization.

Awaken the Spirit ([Air] 1, Crane only) gives 6+(2*cl) bonus (max of 20) to any skill (but it's still untrained). I don't think the authors for this stuff knew how useful effortless large bonuses to skills. Flash of Insight ([Air] 1) gives you a temporary rank in any skill for a check. This means you know essentially everything but the most secret (DC32+) stuff with no skill investment.

Balance the Elements ([Void] 6) auto dispels all spells of 4th level or lower on the target and heals it 2d8 damage. It's a touch spell though, and Shugenja are squishy.

Blessed Winds ([Air] 1) gives +4 deflection bonus against ranged attacks and +2 deflection bonus to reflex saves.

Borne by the Wind ([Air] 7) gives Fly to everyone in a 50 foot radius centered on you. Need to remain in the area or stop flying though.

Dispel Slumber (Cleric 2, Shugenja 3 [air]) is an unstopable force that just ends sleep effects. Useless for the low level ones (except the area) but there's some special sleep effects out there that are supposed to need special conditions to end that this just bypasses. Also stabilizes everyone in the area.

Distracting Spirits (Bard 2, Shugenja 2 [Air]) forces (no save) the target to make concentration checks on every spell they cast (10+level of spell they're casting+your CL).

Grandfather's Word (7 [fire]) stuns all enemies in short range if they fail a will save. Again, noting largely because fire list is terrible.

I'll look at H-Z spells and other stuff in book later.

Hurried Steps (Sorc/Wiz 2, Shugenja 2 [Fire]) is haste, but only gives the extra spell. No way this is broken, not in the slightest. Not in the slightest...

The Kami Watch Over Me (Shugenja 6 [Air]) lets you cast a second level spell on another character and have it take effect when they want it to (spending the action needed to cast it). Lasts until discharged, so it can be used to carry spells over between days besides the action economy stuff.

Laughter of the Risen Earth (Shugenja [Earth] 7) costs 5000 XP, but stops you from aging for the duration (5 years, can be extended). Not a lot of ways to do that.

Lessons of the Crab (Cleric and Shugenja [Earth] 4) creates a large pool of temp HP (1d10 per level, max 15d10)

Path Not Taken (Water 5) gives you a quick save once per day.

Scatter the Soul's Flames (Fire 5) forces a target to fort save or be reduced to 1 dex and it needs Heal to remove it.

Spirit of Water (brd, shu [water] 1) grants an extra partial action to a target as an instant effect. Decent if translated to a move action, absolutely insane if it allows casting another spell.

Stand Against the Waves (brd 4, shu [water] 3) grants the target an extra attack at highest BAB for every 5 CL you have for a round, but also gives the target a -5 to hit penalty. Can be extended to last two rounds. Pairs well with Strike of Flowing Water ([Water] 5) which makes the target's touch attacks for a round and can also be extended.

Whispers of the Land (druid range and shugenja 1 [earth]) is actually a good first level divination. It reveals if a named target has been within 60 feet of your location (you can move and concentrate), if they touched anything, and (failing that) when they were last here. Narrows suspect pool and reveals stuff of interest without  totally breaking the plot. Problem is you can concentrate for an hour per level on this, which opens up a lot of abuse.

Winds of Agression (Sorc/Wiz, Shugenja 3 [air]) is forces reflex save or be blinded for rounds per level in a large area. Problem is the area is everything between you and the end of medium range, so you're going to need to be clever to avoid hurting allies.

Wisdom of the Dragon ([Air] 6) lets you counterspell for free once a round. Actually pretty nice.

Basically the book has a ton of OP spells. I like how it assumes people capable of casting 9th levels are even remotely common enough to include as many as they did.

Rokuganni Steel weapons and armor cost slightly less than a proper magic item for the same enhancement bonus, though it doesn't bypass dr. Tools are the real prize though: 1500 for a +8 (See the above about undervaluing skill bonuses).

edit: Fortunes and Winds gives alternate, always LA+0, hengeyokai. One serious issue with them is they need to take a bunch of taboos which, unlike the Wu Jen taboos, are actually quite punishing (both the demands and penalties for failure) and many completely screw over an adventurer. They get to pick some special abilities from a point based list. Dragon deserves a note since they need to take fewer taboos and have a good animal as their natural form (medium constrictor snake with fly speed) and can explicitly cast in that form. Aside from dragon, Improved Animal Form (use your human form's ability scores for your animal form and be able to cast in it. With phoenix or crane you're a tiny, flying caster at level 1) and Shapeshift: Imitate (Take the form of a specific human with an alter self effect if you have a cherished possession or part of their body. Only comes online at 12th level, but the ability score shenanigans are worth it)

edit: Dragon 343 has a bunch of feats. Most of them are meh, but it's notable in that their support for Shugenja and Spirit Shaman in there even if it is crap. A few of them caught my eye though.

Spirit Spell lets a Spirit Shaman blow 4 uses of Chastise Spirits as a standard action that automatically maximizes all spells you cast the following round (wording seems intentionally designed to stop quickened spells from being used).

Divine Sorcery is a feat that gives a Sorcerer as domain's power and adds one spell from that domain to their spells known each day. Requires no cleric levels, alignment appropriate for deity and you take the feat the same level you take your first level of sorcerer.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 06:40:24 PM by Nanashi »

Offline Jowgen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 16, 2020, 10:54:30 AM »
This find is from Dungeon (Issue 148 p. 82), but it might belong in the 1st party thread IF you consider Savage Tide adventure path material to qualify as such.

The Chokesnake is a 6 HD Fiendish Symbiont (yes, the Fiend Folio things). It's not really a benefiicial symbiont to have as its largely geared towards completely dominating its host (Ego save is a whooping 44), but it does have one thing going for it, and that's is (Su)  Poison.

Normally its a simple DC 17 1d6 Con/1d6 Con damage poison, BUT it has a stipulation that any poison immune creature (except Undead, Contruct, Plant and Ooze) still has to save against 1d4 Con/1d4 Con.

So it is a planar bind-able source of Immunity-busting Poison that isn't limited to evil creatures like ravages are. Even better, if you appy any undead template that leaves (Su) abilities intact, the switch from Con to Cha for the save DC goes up a respectable 24 (10+ 3 HD + 2 Ability Focus + 9 Cha)