Author Topic: Game Thread (Rob DM)  (Read 76221 times)

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Game Thread (Rob DM)
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2015, 07:13:13 AM »
"I'm hungry, and I have no pack."
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline ZanKhellendros

• ~ A fool's paradise or a wise man's hell? ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2015, 12:34:46 AM »
OOC: (should I attempt a skill knowledge check, i dont have ranks in nature so dont know) What would be common knowledge about worgs? I'm thinking they are evil but not sure.
Also none of my spells wouldn't be helpful and I realized I didn't have a spell list picked out, er, unless he casts spontaniously off spells known .. don't remember.

Unless you have any information to add I'm thinking of just putting it down.
Rolled 1d20+9 : 15 + 9, total 24

Rolled 1d8 : 4, total 4

And C Dog Attack
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else"~ Albert Einstein
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right"~ThomasPaine
"One may transcend any convention if only one could conceive of doing so"~CloudAtlas

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2015, 09:15:23 AM »
Unless you have any information to add I'm thinking of just putting it down.
Untrained knowledge checks can only go up to DC 10, which isn't enough to give you much information on worgs aside from pure basics. Probably "intelligent wolves, associated with goblins" would be about it.

You hit, and it falls unconscious.

Also none of my spells wouldn't be helpful and I realized I didn't have a spell list picked out, er, unless he casts spontaniously off spells known .. don't remember.[/i]
You case spontaneously off the entire list. I've pretty much done away with prepared casters.
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2015, 01:21:58 PM »
(click to show/hide)
I'll finish it off and take the boby back to the farm house to wake the farmer with the news that "his sheep are, for the time being, safe, unless their is something else other then this creature."
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else"~ Albert Einstein
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right"~ThomasPaine
"One may transcend any convention if only one could conceive of doing so"~CloudAtlas

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2015, 08:29:36 AM »
"Thanks for that. I guess that means I can rule out getting the sheep back. Still, let me get that ten gold for you."

He comes back outside a minute later with a bag of 4 gp and 60 sp.

Note: You get 600 XP
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2015, 01:12:40 PM »
How long did tracking the worg down take, what time is it now?
Ask "Did you want the corpse, maybe to make some kind of gruesome scarecrow to ward off other hunting creatures, if not I may be interested in the pelt"
After finishing this up I'll head back to the temple to get some rest.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2015, 08:55:39 AM »
It's probably around 1:00 to 3:00 in the morning.

He's not interested in the worg. What are you planning on doing with the body in the mean time? You probably can't drag it into the temple.
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2015, 11:09:02 PM »
I'll ask the farmer "if I could leave it somewhere on his property til the next day, I'll come by and retrieve it"
Then head back to get rest

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2015, 08:10:10 AM »
"Yeah, I guess. Just not by the house or fence, and not in sight from the road."

You sleep well. What are your plans for the next day?
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2015, 02:45:23 AM »
take the worg to someone who can skin it and prepare a pelt from it. Not going to mention what it is, just let it be referred to as a wolf. Leave it id imagine.
She talked about lending me funds to get me that bastard sword.
Next Im looking into gathering some information about local stuff and depending on where I end up maybe something about the vault but to start with what kind of public information centers are there, a library of some sort, maybe an official building that could have anything regionally that could be of concern for me but to far away from town for it to matter for most, like war time reports or something. But if no places or person of any official capacity is of interest then I'd hit up some local hot spots, town square for a walk about. A tavern or two to chat up the locals. Walk the city outskirts talking with anyone that looks friendly enough to approach.
(click to show/hide)

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2015, 10:04:52 AM »
Someone can prepare the pelt for 2sp.

Sorsha is willing to buy you the sword. She'll purchase it, since she knows the smith and can get it 10% cheaper.

Really, next to no one has even heard of this vault. There's not a lot to find in the library, as the primary sources are holy texts that are being interpreted.

Is there anything specific you're searching for?
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2015, 05:46:24 PM »
Is there anything specific you're searching for?
"Thanks" the butcher or furtrader or whoever takes care of that," I imagine it could take some time for it to dry out."

"Thanks for the weapon, we'll be much safer with this in my hands, this longsword is great but it's not this" Hold up the bastard sword, do some one handed awesome handling of it

Gregory suspects that the other nations have agents looking into this aswell, in one fashion or another. Troop movements could over other unrelated information could offer me clues as to what they competion is thinking. The talk amoungst the common people won't be factual, at least mostly, but rumors and gossip sometimes has truths hidden inside them that coule be helpful to be mind full of.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2015, 07:47:21 PM »
There are conflicts in the fork, currently. You're not sure how up-to-date the information is about this. So far, no news of Feldin pushing toward the city you're in.

Is there anything else you want to get done here before you and Sorsha head out in two days?
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2015, 10:38:40 PM »
I'd think the pelt would be done by at most the next day. He would spend the next two days very much like this one. Walking around and talking to folks about the land and any stories they have. Also spend evenings reading any of these religious texts that I could be my hands on. Also any reading about local legends or stuff like that.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2015, 08:31:37 AM »
You pick up your pelt. You familiarize yourself with the passages. The townsfolk are a mix of normal and agitated. A lot of them are worried about the war coming north or about loved ones serving.

Is there anything you need before meeting with Sorsha on the third morning?
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2015, 02:02:23 PM »
Food,
(click to show/hide)
Need to unload the longsword, don't want it to look bad on sorsha, so id leave the bastard in my room and sell it, if possible at another shop then the one I'd originally spoken to.
I dont have any other traveling equipment, [I'll go through the phb and get a little list together today]

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2015, 08:00:35 PM »
Food may be semi tricky. Sorsha says the place she wants to go to can be reached in around two days. With bread being rare, and you not eating meat, you can probably get nuts, vegetables, and dried fruits for around 7.5 sp a day, but each weights one pound. For your dog, feed will consist of dried meat and bread scraps, which would have water added. Figure 2.5 sp a day for that.

He buys the longsword used from you, for 20 gp.

Incidentally, what are you planning on doing with a worg pelt if you have Vow of Purity? I mean, theoretically, you can own it without making contact with it, but I'm curious.

Is there anything else?
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2015, 06:42:58 PM »
I'll do the maths of the food problemz and chalk it off my fat stacks of lootz.
Well, when considering dead flesh and leather, not sure what you quantify each as. I figured a pelt would be treated in some way at the skin side but hadnt thought of the purity being part of it. Rereading it I understand your question, how would I have moved it, wrapped it in something and dragged it i guess. I was planning on keeping it as a reminder to not hesitate when fighting evil, I had almost stopped to try a diplomatic solution but then realized no matter what was said the worg would just wander off and cause a problem somewhere else, with a wolf it may be just an animal but because it can't be reasoned with gregory would figure just putting it down would be best. So a momento of some sort. But ... guess I need more definition to what the purity requires of me.
But other then the food I'd need a back back and a few other traveling tools, I've got to be careful with the weight like you said, with my equipment it only leaves me a few pounds free.

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2015, 06:44:40 PM »
But if its just wool that i can wear, other fabrics like that, I could reconsider some things  :plot

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2015, 09:38:28 PM »
No, thinking about it, stuff like leather, wool, and pelts should be fine. I guess once they're "processed", it wouldn't count.

Anyway, are you all set?
My creations