Author Topic: Kickstarters and Other Crowd-Funding Mega-Thread!  (Read 130790 times)

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Kickstarters and Other Crowd-Funding Mega-Thread!
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2017, 10:03:11 AM »

Pixel Princess Blitz, a roguelike action rpg.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2017, 08:32:54 PM »
Dungeon Accessories - Bringing Tabletop Gaming To Life! (Funding ends March 8th) - Another miniatures kickstarter, but this one is for pre-painted dungeon decor.  You can also get a bag of skulls.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2017, 10:23:12 PM »
Arkham Ritual (Funding ends March 8th) - I'm not really sure how to describe this one.  The tagline says "Deception, deduction, and push your luck card game for 3 to 7 players. Keep your sanity and escape from the horrific ritual alive!" It's a deduction party game where everyone has artifacts and you don't know what you have as you try to not lose your sanity.

Thunderstone Quest from AEG (Funding ends March 24th) - Okay, I'm biased here.  I played Thunderstone and enjoyed it.  I then purchased Thunderstone Advanced and pretty much every expansion for it (think of that as version 2).  This is version 3.  It's a competitive dungeon crawler deck building game.  Also, the video is super cheesy, sorry about that.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2017, 07:39:55 PM »
Gaming Paper Dry Erase Gaming Tiles (Funding ends March 19th) - If you want something to replace those large roll-up grid maps that people use to draw dungeons/whatever on, this is an option.  They're book sized tiles that work with wet and dry erase markers that can interlock with each other for larger play areas.

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2017, 01:32:42 AM »
Grimslingers: The Northern Territory A weird-western card dueling game for 2-6 players that doubles as an RPG-like, campaign driven, solo / co-op for 1-4 players.  While it is an expansion, you can get a copy of the core game either for an extra $29, or get a tier with it included.
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2017, 12:37:51 PM »
Foundations 4: Rise of the Mimics (Funding ends April 17th) - Are you tired of miniatures companies only ever giving you the option to buy mimics shaped like treasure chests?  Then this is the kickstarter for you, it includes regular objects and the mimic versions.  So far they have: treasure chests, books, treasure sacks, wooden barrels, sleeping bags, graves, and the unlocked stretch goal of cauldrons.

Call of Cthulhu Metal Dice Set by Q-workshop & Chaosium (Funding ends April 15th) - Q-workshop is well known for making quality dice, this kickstarter is for a Chaosium approved metal Call of Cthulhu themed dice set.  It's pricy but looks awesome, and more dice sets have been teased as stretch goals.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2017, 07:49:07 PM »
One more plug for Thunderstone Quest, it ends on the 24th.  The updates now include print and play rules as well as a demo video.  I've backed at $100 and you should too.

And also, a new one:

Paladin Card Protectors - Premium Sleeves for Gamers (Funding ends April 13th) - Okay, in general card sleeves are card sleeves and I wasn't sold on this one being worth it.  However, a few things changed my mind.  First, you can get a six-pack of 55 card sleeves for $13 including shipping for anywhere in the world.  Second, each pack can be a different size.  Third, The sleeves are completely clear.  Fourth, watch this video to see how durable they are.

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2017, 06:33:56 PM »
Last reminder for Grimslingers: The Northern Territory which has just over 1 day remaining, and every stretch goal is already unlocked!  $65 will get you all the cards ($50 for the tier with core + expansion, $10 for Advanced Duels, $5 for the card pack), or if you want all the goodies, $150 for the Super-Ultra bundle (which includes a $20 credit for shipping, any of which is unused will automatically go toward other add-ons), $29 for the core game (if you don't already have it), $15 for the resin Witch King figure, $10 for Advanced Duels.  I got the Super-Ultra bundle, and am adding the core game, advanced duels, and a 2nd card pack (to have more than enough light and dark cards to go stupid and have a 7+ player PvP duel game!)
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2017, 05:03:21 PM »
Sine Tempore, a sci-fi boardgame centred around trying to prepare a planet for terraforming and colonization, but it's inhabited by a hostile alien species.  It's got some great looking character designs, and they're adding KS exclusive heroes that are a big nod to Spaceballs!
What do I win?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2017, 07:03:22 PM »
I keep not posting things because I'm so lazy...

Hand of Fate: Ordeals (Funding ends June 21st) - Physical version of a deck-building video game, hard to explain if you haven't played the video game.  It has co-op and competitive modes, just watch the video.

Jelly, The Smallest 4G Smartphone (Funding ends June 6th) - Want an MP3 player sized smartphone?  Take a look!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2017, 07:01:03 PM »
Reaper Miniatures Bones 4: Mr. Bones EPIC Adventure! (Funding ends September 2nd) - Do you need hundreds of good quality plastic miniatures?  I don't, but I'm probably going to pledge anyway!  They've got a dire crab!  Also anthropomorphic dice.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2017, 02:27:54 AM »
Reaper Miniatures Bones 4: Mr. Bones EPIC Adventure! (Funding ends September 2nd) - Do you need hundreds of good quality plastic miniatures?  I don't, but I'm probably going to pledge anyway!  They've got a dire crab!  Also anthropomorphic dice.

I just received my Bones 3 box back in June and have painted all of 3 minis from it, but I still backed this one. 
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2017, 02:33:34 PM »

I just received my Bones 3 box back in June and have painted all of 3 minis from it, but I still backed this one.

I still haven't painted over half of the minis I got from Bones 1.   :lol

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2017, 08:48:07 PM »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 26, 2017, 01:11:22 AM »

If you thought this wasn't a good deal and haven't been keeping tabs on it, we're at over 100 miniatures for $100.  That's less than a dollar a miniature, and the more stretch goals are unlocked the better of a deal things are going to be. 

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2017, 12:17:42 AM »

If you thought this wasn't a good deal and haven't been keeping tabs on it, we're at over 100 miniatures for $100.  That's less than a dollar a miniature, and the more stretch goals are unlocked the better of a deal things are going to be.

Less than 48 hours to go!  Check it out!

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2017, 03:06:28 AM »

I've pledged for a Core set, Dreadmere and Darkreach expansions, Narglauth, We Will Roc You, and Rulers of Hell.  Debating the Frost Giants and Blacksting Wyvern.
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2017, 10:23:09 AM »

I've pledged for a Core set, Dreadmere and Darkreach expansions, Narglauth, We Will Roc You, and Rulers of Hell.  Debating the Frost Giants and Blacksting Wyvern.

I am not getting that many add-ons.  I'm going to finalize my add-on decision today but I only expect to get a couple.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2017, 09:58:46 AM »
I've got a few today

Scorn Part 1 of 2 : Dasein (Funding ends October 9th) - A very cool looking horror first person shooter. 

Deluxe Constellation Dice - Voyager Anniversary Celebrations (Funding ends September 26th) - Cheap dice!

Magphone - The world's first flawless portable phone holder (Funding ends October 10th) - A very nice looking magnetic phone holder.