Author Topic: [3.PF]Best Personal Ranged Spells to grant party members?  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Vagabond?

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
[3.PF]Best Personal Ranged Spells to grant party members?
« on: September 02, 2017, 10:53:52 AM »
So, I've been playing with Gestalt, and while it'll work best in Gestalt, it should work acceptably in Gestalt.

In a 3.PF game, at level 10, you'll be a terrifying force to be reckoned with, as you're going to be throwing around 5 personal ranged buffs, the powers of a generalist psion with the spellcasting of a wizard, and (With leadership) the option to grant more effects than a Wizard. My issue is the spells I must learn.

Firstly, the build.

A gestalt Archivist 3/Psion (Or STP Erudite) 1/Psychic Theurge 6//Wizard [Psychic Mage] 5/War Weaver 5

This might slightly rely on a mild change (Ur-Priest and War Weaver at the same time) but is otherwise legal. However, the crux of the build is the 3.0 2nd level power Channel Power. With Psionic and Magic transparency, you can spend a standard action and a 3 power points to manifest a personal ranged power as a touch range power. This means you can cast it into your Eldritch Tapestry, turning it into a stored, close ranged buff.
So as a move action, you can release 5 personal ranged Divine or Wizard buffs as a move action, then throw out your standard arrays of buffs to help support in the fight.

So my question is, what are some good personal ranged buffs to cast on a party? (Preference away from Polymorph spells)

Secondly, depending on the party composition, I'll retrain to Tactician 8/Ur-Priest 2/Psychic Mage X, and take on a Gestalt Cohort (Presuming Spheres of Power), a Warlock//Incanter. Incanter so that he can Fuse with the player character, so you don't have to worry about lugging him around (And perhaps about buying a Con belt), and Warlock for those 24 hour invocations. So good invocations to transfer from the Warlock to party members?

Offline snakeman830

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • BG's resident furry min/maxer
    • View Profile
Re: [3.PF]Best Personal Ranged Spells to grant party members?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 04:30:27 PM »
Divine Power comes to mind as s decent one to share when possible.  Really, there are a lot of Cleric spells that   Vigor also works as a psionic power, if those can be shared.

Warlock invocations, the first I would share is Entropic Warding.  You get it early, and a 20% miss chance vs ranged attacks that can't be overcome is pretty decent.  Fell Flight would be the next one.  Really, most of the Warlock self-buffs are kinda meh.
"When life gives you lemons, fire them back at high velocity."