Author Topic: [Interest Check] 3.5. Warfare, leadership and world-saving  (Read 56614 times)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Re: [Interest Check] 3.5. Warfare, leadership and world-saving
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2017, 01:03:27 AM »
Yes what?  :huh

Offline Drammor

• Seer of Void
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2017, 01:07:13 AM »
Yes it counts as homebrew. But that shouldn't stop you from charting out a moderate gray render bloodline or a major kraken bloodline just to see if I'll go for it.
[20:32] <DonQuixote> A POX UPON YOU ALL!
[20:32] <DonQuixote> YOU, J, FOR STEALING THE PURITY OF NORNS.
[20:32] <DonQuixote> YOU, DRAMMOR, FOR ENSNARING ME IN THIS FIENDISH PRISON.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2017, 01:10:40 AM »
Haha, oh well. I'd rather keep my Paragon.

Honestly I want to just go for Storm Giant Major Bloodline because it'd give me both Power Attack & Cleave so I can free up two feat slots for...real feats -_-'
But can I just change the name? The party is going so undead focused so I'm all like "Isn't a Death Giant a thing? Oooooh, that'd be cool."

Offline Drammor

• Seer of Void
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2017, 12:56:53 PM »
Of course, fluff is pretty mutable.

Offline Drammor

• Seer of Void
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2017, 01:09:51 PM »
[Edit] Since they're weenies anyway, my 1st-4th followers (not the 4th Cohorts) will likely be warlocks with Eldritch Spear (250'), Summon Swarm (only 25-35' range, but can cause bleeding or poison), and See the Unseen(?). I'm considering Necropolitan Sparrow Hengeyokai as the race, unless you object to Fine Sized 23 Dex sharpshooters. Otherwise Necropolitan Anthropomorphic Ravens would work. [/Edit]

You do know that this whole exercise is supposed to be medium op, right? :P I'd prefer the ravens over the swarm of fine-sized warlock death, if you don't mind. :)

Offline Vladeshi

• Feel free to ignore me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2017, 04:07:45 PM »
Wow, I am gone for a few days and the Optimization level goes crazy. :p

Since Aasimar Paragon is not a thing I would like to know if either I would be allowed to use Human Paragon or this to count as my homebrew allowed.
The following explanation has been removed due to time constraints, character limits on posts, and the DC 30 Spellcraft checks to understand large portions of it.

Offline Chemus

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2017, 05:44:47 PM »
...I'd prefer the ravens over the swarm of fine-sized warlock death, if you don't mind. :)
Ah well, I was hoping that it'd be otherwise, but not very realistically.

Honestly, thematically, the ravens fit better, but I mis-remembered how bad their flight is. Necropolitan Anthropomorphic Bats, though they get no Dex bump, might be better. I'd prefer to re-fluff to ravens, they fit the death theme better and are 'prettier' (a la evening Glory).
Apathy is ...ah screw it.
My Homebrew

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2017, 05:46:43 PM »
Chemus sort of started it on page 2 :p

Here is the current status.
Ketaro: Major Red Dragon Blooded Orc, Barbarian 5 / Orc Warlord 4 // Warlord 5 / Paragon 4
Chemus: Evolved Necropolitan Magic Blooded Draconic Lesser Aasimar, Paladin of Slaughter 9 // Draconic 1 / Marshal 2 / Fighter 2 / Evolved 1 / Legendary Leader 3
Rekmond: White Dragonspawn Dvati, Crusader ? / PF's Invulnerable Rager Barbarian ?
Vladeshi: Lesser Aasmir, Aasimar Paragon Dread Necromancer ? // Bard or Swordsage ?
Maelphaxerazz: ?
------------------------------
Nanshork: Marshal Homebrew X // ?
SorO_Lost: Likely Magic-Blooded Human, Mystic Ranger 4 / Bone Knight 5 // Dread Necromancer 8 / Fire-Souled(?) 1

Feel free to swipe Bone Knight build if you like. Maybe Drammor will allow a Dread's Lesser Undead Battery (as undead battery but 1 use per hd per day, requires 4th level spells & dread necro 6th) or something. Then you can Persist Fireshield(cold) so really you only have to worry about Acid damage from hurting you, plus all of those paperworknightmare lovely undead that get 12.5hp/hd should last awhile.

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2017, 06:56:06 PM »
Rekmond: White Dragonspawn Dvati, Crusader ? / PF's Invulnerable Rager Barbarian ?

I have hence added Major Fey Blooded to this

so

Major Fey Blooded White Dragonspawn Dvait, Crusader 8 / Invulnerable Rager Barbarian 8

I might dip a level or two on the Crusader side of things...but not currently planning on it.
I want to be born. To live. That is all I want. -Aura

Offline Chemus

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2017, 07:24:01 PM »
SorO, having looked myself (I was gonna add it instead of Evolved), Crystalkeep had Fire Souled incorrect; it's LA +3 (at least the version in Dragon 315)

And my optimization had initially been trying to not have to do the paperwork of Army logistics. The Aerial Ubercharger Cavalry just sort of crept up on me, and the flying monkeys warlocks are an afterthought to give my mooks a chance at relevance.
My Homebrew

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2017, 07:27:49 PM »
Revised build

Death(Storm) Giant Blooded (Major) Paragon Orc Orc Warlord Warlord  :lmao
Side A: Barbarion 5/Orc Warlord 4
Side B: Warlord 5/Paragon 4
Str: 27 Dex: 10 Con: 18 Int: 10 Wis: 8 Cha: 14
Stats include level-up bonuses, racial bonuses, Paragon bonuses, Major (Death)Storm Giant Bloodline bonuses. (Worth it~)

1st) Warlord Bonus: Power Attack -> Retrained at 2nd to Kyber's Fury (Raging: +2 Str -2 AC cannot end voluntarily)
1st) Daunting Presence
2nd) Bloodline Bonus: Power Attack
3rd) Cleave -> Retrained at 8th to Reckless Rage (Raging: +2 Str +2 Con -2 AC)
6th) Leadership -> Retrained at 8 to Might Makes Right
8th) Orc Warlord Bonus: Leadership
8th) Bloodline Bonus: Cleave
9th) Extra Followers

Offline Vladeshi

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2017, 07:44:00 PM »
Feel free to swipe Bone Knight build if you like.

I will admit to loving that build but my plans were

Necropolitan Magic Blooded Lesser Aasimar
Swordsage 4/Dread Witch 3/Pale Master 2//Dread Necromancer 8/Aasimar Paragon 1
Str:10 Dex:14 Con:- Int:14 Wis:10 Cha:24(4th & 8th)
with the next 2 levels to finish off Dread Witch and Aasimar Paragon

Feats I was thinking

1st) Dreadful Wrath
1st) Skill Focus(Knowledge(Religion))(Flaw TBD)
1st) Corpsecrafter(Flaw TBD)
3rd) Lifesense
6th) Undead Leadership(again obviously)
9th) Leadership

Trait: Spellgifted(Necromancy)   :P
Unnatural Aura(Dragon 356)

Cohorts I was thinking

Necropolitan (Race TBD)
Crusader//Warlock or Warmage

Second cohort TBD

Death(Storm) Giant Blooded (Major) Paragon Orc Orc Warlord Warlord  :lmao

Will you be taking Orc Paragon to finish it off?  :lol
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 12:45:06 AM by Vladeshi »
The following explanation has been removed due to time constraints, character limits on posts, and the DC 30 Spellcraft checks to understand large portions of it.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2017, 10:19:38 PM »
@Vlad: I was looking at it just to get rid of my Light Sensitivity  :lmao

@Drammor: I just looked at the NPC Gear Value chart and is that really the chart that Cohorts use for their equipment? I can understand for followers but....7,200 gp for a 7th level Cohort? -_-'

Offline Vladeshi

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2017, 10:27:52 PM »
@Vlad: I was looking at it just to get rid of my Light Sensitivity  :lmao

Sundark Goggles from Races of the Dragon removes it for 10 gp with the bonus of your orc having a pair of killer shades. :cool

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2017, 10:38:59 PM »
Oh, thank you :D
Edit: Ohmygosh I just started picturing an entire orc horde charging into battle all wearing some sick shades  :lmao

@Drammor again: I know OP only said some Pathfinder and I guess I'm looking at a bit of some Pathfinder...Anyways I get a bonus teamwork feat (which can also be granted to nearby allies) and I wanted to check and see if I needed to keep getting "okays" on each specific instance of PF content?  :tongue

I was looking at picking up Phalanx Fighting but was wondering how'd it work since you kicked alignments to the curb for this game. I was also looking at literally my entire army running this feat.....

Can Cohorts & Followers also have bloodlines?

Edit: I came across a weapon in Dragon Magazine (I think...113?) called the Executioner's Mace and can I have this?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 11:32:03 PM by ketaro »

Offline Vladeshi

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2017, 11:32:25 PM »
Necropolitan usually costs a life level, but that gets confusing, so I'll just skip over even thinking about that part for sanity's sake.

I don't know how I missed you saying this, so I guess my build will be changing some.

As yet another question, am I allowed to start with undead in my Animate Dead pool or will I have to fill it as we go?

Hit Points: Max at 1st level, average per level, rounded down.

Does this apply to followers and undead I make as well?

Edit: I came across a weapon in Dragon Magazine (I think...113?) called the Executioner's Mace and can I have this?

It is in Dungeon #135 on page 61.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 01:08:09 AM by Vladeshi »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2017, 12:48:12 AM »
Close enough, thank you xD

Further question.

Does Protection from X not work in this game then?

Offline Chemus

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2017, 03:55:20 AM »
Re-edited to complete Equipment (probably) and added leadership scores for PC and Cohorts; I got concerned about me and my Cavalry getting turned/rebuked, so switched L. Leader for L of the Dead. I'll finish L. of the Dead, then take L. Leader from 12th to 15th
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 02:23:53 AM by Chemus »
My Homebrew

Offline Drammor

• Seer of Void
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2017, 03:52:42 PM »

Since Aasimar Paragon is not a thing I would like to know if either I would be allowed to use Human Paragon or this to count as my homebrew allowed.

I know what you mean. @_@

And wow, something on dandwiki that isn't crazy broken. Sure, go for it.

Ah well, I was hoping that it'd be otherwise, but not very realistically.

Honestly, thematically, the ravens fit better, but I mis-remembered how bad their flight is. Necropolitan Anthropomorphic Bats, though they get no Dex bump, might be better. I'd prefer to re-fluff to ravens, they fit the death theme better and are 'prettier' (a la evening Glory).

Refluffing is fine, but you know that if they're somehow grounded, they'll be all but crippled, right? 5 move makes entire regiments sitting ducks.

Chemus sort of started it on page 2 :p

Here is the current status.
Ketaro: Major Red Dragon Blooded Orc, Barbarian 5 / Orc Warlord 4 // Warlord 5 / Paragon 4
Chemus: Evolved Necropolitan Magic Blooded Draconic Lesser Aasimar, Paladin of Slaughter 9 // Draconic 1 / Marshal 2 / Fighter 2 / Evolved 1 / Legendary Leader 3
Vladeshi: Lesser Aasmir, Aasimar Paragon Dread Necromancer ? // Bard or Swordsage ?
Maelphaxerazz: ?
------------------------------
Nanshork: Marshal Homebrew X // ?
SorO_Lost: Likely Magic-Blooded Human, Mystic Ranger 4 / Bone Knight 5 // Dread Necromancer 8 / Fire-Souled(?) 1

Feel free to swipe Bone Knight build if you like. Maybe Drammor will allow a Dread's Lesser Undead Battery (as undead battery but 1 use per hd per day, requires 4th level spells & dread necro 6th) or something. Then you can Persist Fireshield(cold) so really you only have to worry about Acid damage from hurting you, plus all of those paperworknightmare lovely undead that get 12.5hp/hd should last awhile.

Jeez, Chemus. That template stacking... anyway, no on the lesser undead battery. The regular one becomes available during the campaign's lifetime; you're welcome to look forward to it.

@Drammor: I just looked at the NPC Gear Value chart and is that really the chart that Cohorts use for their equipment? I can understand for followers but....7,200 gp for a 7th level Cohort? -_-'

That's the one! Although if you're not even trying, you can easily stretch that as far as 14,400. I believe someone's got a warlock cohort.

@Drammor again: I know OP only said some Pathfinder and I guess I'm looking at a bit of some Pathfinder...Anyways I get a bonus teamwork feat (which can also be granted to nearby allies) and I wanted to check and see if I needed to keep getting "okays" on each specific instance of PF content?  :tongue

Unfortunately for us both, yes.

I was looking at picking up Phalanx Fighting but was wondering how'd it work since you kicked alignments to the curb for this game. I was also looking at literally my entire army running this feat.....

We have no alignment. Die, Alignment, die.

When battling terrifying hordes of enemies, you find strength in your shield brothers and sisters.
Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +3, good alignment.
Benefit: You gain a sacred bonus to your AC against the attacks of evil creatures and a sacred bonus to saves against the spells and abilities of evil creatures equal to the number of adjacent allies who also have this feat.

I only feel lucky that it does require BAB +3, meaning that thousands of troops won't have this ability.

The PCs are Special. Cohorts and followers may not have bloodlines.

Yeah, you're good on the executioner's mace.

As yet another question, am I allowed to start with undead in my Animate Dead pool or will I have to fill it as we go?

Does this apply to followers and undead I make as well?

Fill it as you go, and yes.

Further question.

Right. Spells and effects dependent on alignment, such as Protection from Evil, simply do not exist in this version of the game. There's no alignment for them to protect you from, and no alignment for them to have.

(Added 2 CL, when Paladin failed to?)

(I'd like to pick haste, and the Template says you can pick or roll...)

Text is supposed to trump table; should I use that here? If so, I'd like to keep the ravens...

Okay; then pick; text does trump table, go ahead and keep the ravens.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2017, 04:32:46 PM »

We have no alignment. Die, Alignment, die.

When battling terrifying hordes of enemies, you find strength in your shield brothers and sisters.
Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +3, good alignment.
Benefit: You gain a sacred bonus to your AC against the attacks of evil creatures and a sacred bonus to saves against the spells and abilities of evil creatures equal to the number of adjacent allies who also have this feat.

I only feel lucky that it does require BAB +3, meaning that thousands of troops won't have this ability.

The PCs are Special. Cohorts and followers may not have bloodlines.

Yeah, you're good on the executioner's mace.

Further question.

Right. Spells and effects dependent on alignment, such as Protection from Evil, simply do not exist in this version of the game. There's no alignment for them to protect you from, and no alignment for them to have.

Which is it? Do things that function against a specific alignment do nothing or do they apply against everything? Is it a case-by-case basis thing?