Author Topic: [3.P] Acid Pit + Mass Reduce Person shenanigans  (Read 2319 times)

Offline TeslaWolff

• Lurker
  • Sorcerer, trained from Solo's guide to Sorcerers
    • View Profile
[3.P] Acid Pit + Mass Reduce Person shenanigans
« on: November 28, 2011, 11:21:54 AM »
So I just thought of a what I think is a really good combination of spells.

Background:
I just played through a campaign session this weekend where I was a 6th lvl conjurer and I found amazing
utility out of the Create Pit spell from the pathfinder SRD. The first time I used it I managed to put the BBEG
and 8 of his minions completely out of the fight, later on the party had to run away from a much stronger
monster but there was a gate blocking our path so I Created a pit underneath and we all jumped in then i
dismissed the spell so it would elevator all us back up on the other side.

Now for the main point of the thread:
Looking through more Pathfinder spells, planning for my 4th lvl spells next level, I notice Acid Pit which functions
exactly like Create Pit but has a 5' deep pool of acid on the bottom + maximum pit depth is 100'. So I was thinking
that if I could get a whole bunch of medium enemies to fall into the pit then cast Mass Reduce Person on them inside the pit
they would all suffer 10d6 acid / round instead of the 2d6 in the spells description, going with the rules for immersion in acid here
(About 1/3 down the page).
"An archmage often can react poorly to interruption. Please reconsider before it is too late." -Elminster of Shadowdale

Offline TeslaWolff

• Lurker
  • Sorcerer, trained from Solo's guide to Sorcerers
    • View Profile
Re: [3.P] Acid Pit + Mass Reduce Person shenanigans
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 11:29:22 AM »
Another combination I have also pondered when I get access to 5th level spells at level 9
is to cast Aqueous Orb and then Transmute Water to Acid for more awesomeness,
basically every round a creature fails their reflex save they take 10d6 Acid + 2d6 nonlethal/round
from being bashed around and melted in my huge Orb of Acid  :D. Also, since Aqueous Orb works
similar to Flaming Sphere if they pass their save I can just move it again to pick them up again
after and 3 other medium sized people as well! 

I just realized that is pretty much impossible to convert that entire orb to acid, math-fail  :(.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:46:09 AM by TeslaWolff »
"An archmage often can react poorly to interruption. Please reconsider before it is too late." -Elminster of Shadowdale