Author Topic: The Path of Chaos - Argos  (Read 17950 times)

Offline crazy_sherm

• Immaculate Evacuation
    • View Profile
Re: The Path of Chaos
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2013, 01:00:47 AM »
Korgan looks directly into the gnome's eyes and retorts, "You would never know what anyone's interests are since you don't bother to ask nor care.  You insert your interests into everyone else's life and expect them to follow.  The chance of me squiring for you are about as good as your god bending over to kiss my hairy arse.  As you've mentioned before, we are of dissimilar ilk.  It would be best if we NEVER speak again."

Not heeding Korgan's advice, Nelio tries to get one last soliloquy in:

"The world is made up of two types, the strong and the weak. I am not talking only of physical prowess, but also mental fortitude. The strong lead and guide the weak, so that the weak may be fulfill their destiny. Those that are too weak to speak for themselves sometimes need to be spoken for. You, Master Dwarf, do not strike me as the weak type. I did, however, observe how you turned down the pleas of assistance from that human boy and how you also said nothing regarding Josah's son during my conversations with the constable, despite standing no more half a stride away. I judged your silence as not one of passivity, but of lack of interest in the cause. I believe any logical person would agree to this assumption.  Yet now, right before we head off, you invite yourself into the search party and meet me with nothing but hostility. Perhaps I am just ignorant of what I may have done to offend you, or perhaps you are just incapable of civilized dialogue. Whatever the case, I just ask that you stay out of my way. I do not know your intentions, but you know mine because I have been nothing but truthful and forthright. I will find this boy and return him to his parents. In turn, I will respect your wishes of minimizing contact with you. "Never" is so absolute, it may be impossible to never talk to you, but I would only do so if absolutely necessary."

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
Re: The Path of Chaos
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2013, 01:38:35 AM »

Not heeding Korgan's advice, Nelio tries to get one last soliloquy in:

"The world is made up of two types, the strong and the weak. I am not talking only of physical prowess, but also mental fortitude. The strong lead and guide the weak, so that the weak may be fulfill their destiny. Those that are too weak to speak for themselves sometimes need to be spoken for. You, Master Dwarf, do not strike me as the weak type. I did, however, observe how you turned down the pleas of assistance from that human boy and how you also said nothing regarding Josah's son during my conversations with the constable, despite standing no more half a stride away. I judged your silence as not one of passivity, but of lack of interest in the cause. I believe any logical person would agree to this assumption.  Yet now, right before we head off, you invite yourself into the search party and meet me with nothing but hostility. Perhaps I am just ignorant of what I may have done to offend you, or perhaps you are just incapable of civilized dialogue. Whatever the case, I just ask that you stay out of my way. I do not know your intentions, but you know mine because I have been nothing but truthful and forthright. I will find this boy and return him to his parents. In turn, I will respect your wishes of minimizing contact with you. "Never" is so absolute, it may be impossible to never talk to you, but I would only do so if absolutely necessary."

Uninterested in the gnome, Korgan yawns and stretches.  After which, he says to Ward, "I'm with Caerus.  We're ready to go when you are.
Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies.