Author Topic: Find any mistakes? Cloistered Cleric 2 seeking early entry to Master of Shrouds.  (Read 2923 times)

Offline AugustusGloop

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
A link to the myth-weavers sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=408640

Yohan the DarkMale Neutral Human Cloistered Cleric, Level 2, Init +2, HP 16/16, Speed 30
AC 12, Touch 12, Flat-footed 10, Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +5, Base Attack Bonus 1   
 (+2 Dex)
Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 14
Condition None

The rules for generation were TOB and Psionics banned, everything else except PHB, MM, and DMG by request, no flaws or traits, one (extra) bonus feat at first level.

I tried to follow the handbook and it seems like I'm on track to enter at 4th level, after a dip into... something, to make the will save requirement.  I'm thinking of Dread Necro, but am open to suggestions.

I took Spell Focus (Conjuration), Augment Summoning, and Divine Metamagic, which I attached to the Extend Spell from Planning Domain, and got Extra Turning from Undeath Domain.  I traded Knowledge Domain for Knowledge Devotion.

The DM has approved everything I have asked for, with the exception of adding a poor Fort save for Cloistered Cleric, which isn't too harsh.

I considered Tomb Tainted Soul, but it doesn't really go with the character, the DM seems flexible but leery of overly optimized characters, and I'm not sure how far I'll be able to push the paladin I think will make it into the game.

Any other suggestions or replacements for the character?  Do you find any errors?  Any ideas on making the most of my 300 gold?  :-\
Feat: Invisible Spell.  Cast invisible invisible stalker.  Cast invisible invisibility on the invisible invisible stalker.  Have an invisible invisible invisible invisible stalker.  Divide by 0.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
I second the Dread Necro dip, Dread Necro's Turning is a separate instance gives you another 3+(ChaMod) uses per day which is perfect for Divine Metamagic. Likewise you'll pick up infinite healing for your undead minions.

Was Persist Spell banned? Because level 3 is coming up, and with DMM assigned to Extend, you can't access DMM Persist without downtime to retrain or wait until level 6.

As for gold, all the good stuff it out of range. But you could pick up some marbles (A&E) and Eggshell Grenades (OA).
If you haven't already, poke around the item based threads as well.
Class Boosters
Bunko's Bargin Bin

Offline AugustusGloop

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Persist isn't banned, but it can't have metamagic cost reducers of any kind.  I'm guessing that means DMM won't work with it.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:12:52 PM by AugustusGloop »
Feat: Invisible Spell.  Cast invisible invisible stalker.  Cast invisible invisibility on the invisible invisible stalker.  Have an invisible invisible invisible invisible stalker.  Divide by 0.

Offline AugustusGloop

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Oops, quoted instead of modified.

Offline xzyx

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
You can check the cleric handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=420.0) to look for early entry cleric PrCs so you don't loose caster levels. I usually go with Inquisidor but I'm not sure it would fit very well.

But if you take it you can keep the very nice Knowledge domain power (all knowledges as class skills!) and instead trade the inquisition domain power you get at first level ( +4 to dispel checks) for knowledge devotion, as per the rules in complete champion.

Offline caelic

• fnord
    • View Profile
The really interesting thing about the Dread Necro dip is that how MoS rebuking interacts with it is subject to interpretation.

MoS stacks with levels of all other classes that grant rebuking for purposes of determining your effective level as a rebuker.

There are three possible ways to rule this for your CC 2/DN 1:

1. 2 pools of rebuking, one at level 5, one at level 4.
2. 1 pool of rebuking at level 6 (since you stack the levels in all of them.)
3. 2 pools of rebuking, BOTH at level 6.

Talk with your DM to figure out which it is in your case--and also how magic items that increase rebuking level interact with this mechanic. 

Offline caelic

• fnord
    • View Profile
As for gold, all the good stuff it out of range. But you could pick up some marbles (A&E) and Eggshell Grenades (OA).
If you haven't already, poke around the item based threads as well.

Not quite all.  The Ruby Skull of Wee Jas increases your level by 1 when casting a spell from the necromancy school or Death domain, or adds a +1 to turning damage when rebuking unintelligent undead.  A steal for 350 gold.  The Devastation of Nerull may or may not be better; it says it increases your caster level by 1 for necromancy, Death domain, or when rebuking unintelligent undead.  The problem is, increasing your caster level means nothing for purposes of rebuking.  If your DM rules that they were talking about your REBUKING level, it's an astoundingly good buy.

Offline AugustusGloop

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
I think I'm going to assume the least awesome ruling for rebuking pools, one at level 6, but I'll ask the DM.  I won't be unhappy if that's all I get.  If he wants to split the pools, I'll happily assign extra turning to both pools!

Also, due to custom Gods and custom starting gold, I can't afford the Ruby Skull, nor is there a Wee Jas.  As it is, I have a philosophy based cleric in order to pick up Planning and Undeath Domains.  The DM has mentioned that there might be a bidding war for me as the existing deities find out I'm "unattached" !!!