Author Topic: The Artifact Crown [D&D 3.5] 10th level gestalt campaign Interest Check.  (Read 31663 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: The Artifact Crown [D&D 3.5] 10th level gestalt campaign Interest Check.
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2019, 09:37:02 PM »
Heh, to clarify, my idea is of course a vampire who has a level 8 maid cohort.

I just need to not be... too Remilia. Or Flandre. :lmao

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2019, 09:53:42 PM »
If I name my character Oslecamo do I get a prize?   :lol

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2019, 10:07:59 PM »
Savage Oni Brawler, maybe paragon, and some kind of angel I haven't picked yet. Indulging in the life of sinning, for sinning is living.

Be clever. Name is Omacelso  :lmao

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2019, 10:43:28 PM »
:clap

Okay, I've got part of my character decided.  I'm an Ætherforge//undecided.

Gambler and Berserker don't feel like appropriate pairs, and I don't want to slap a second casting system into this guy.  Hmmm.....

I'm either going to go with something of Os' homebrew (monster class or other) or the following homebrew (if approved).  I'm not really sure yet.

Spirit Warrior (with accompanying Discipline) - Ghost powers activate!

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2019, 11:13:18 PM »
I guess we have to go with the "spend three  feats on it" route of being a level 1 vampire? I've been trying to work out what you would put after Vampire Lord classwise on that side but the only standout thing is Paragon. Which means you then wouldn't have enough feats, even if human, to also qualify for Lunatic Lancer on the other side. :lmao

(e.g. the closest I have to a skeleton so far is Vampire 2/Vamp Lord 3/Paragon 5//Eternal Royal 7/Lunatic Lancer 3--but that can't fit Cleave in)

Other suggestions for the left hand side are good, I'm just not really sure what wouldn't exacerbate the blood requirements.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 11:18:59 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2019, 11:22:24 PM »
Heh, to clarify, my idea is of course a vampire who has a level 8 maid cohort.

I just need to not be... too Remilia. Or Flandre. :lmao

Great, then I can prepare a Remilia & Flandre & Sakuya expies battle.  :P

Savage Oni Brawler, maybe paragon, and some kind of angel I haven't picked yet. Indulging in the life of sinning, for sinning is living.
:D

:devil

Okay, I've got part of my character decided.  I'm an Ætherforge//undecided.

Gambler and Berserker don't feel like appropriate pairs, and I don't want to slap a second casting system into this guy.  Hmmm.....

I'm either going to go with something of Os' homebrew (monster class or other) or the following homebrew (if approved).  I'm not really sure yet.

Spirit Warrior (with accompanying Discipline) - Ghost powers activate!

I woud rather you not use spirit warrior and that discipline. Not that I spot anything OP but more because the assumptions they make about "spirits" don't really fit the campaign's fluff like putting fey, elementals and ghosts all in the same boat.

I guess we have to go with the "spend three  feats on it" route of being a level 1 vampire? I've been trying to work out what you would put after Vampire Lord classwise on that side but the only standout thing is Paragon. Which means you then wouldn't have enough feats, even if human, to also qualify for Lunatic Lancer on the other side. :lmao

(e.g. the closest I have to a skeleton so far is Vampire 2/Vamp Lord 3/Paragon 5//Eternal Royal 7/Lunatic Lancer 3--but that can't fit Cleave in)

Yes you need to be a "free" vampire to grab all the Vampire Lord levels. But there's no need to max all your numbers for this campaign so delaying Paragon so you can dip fighter for extra feats should be ok.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2019, 11:31:14 PM »
I just feel bad about doing that because it means I can't max the class even though it would never come up.

Though I'm not sure I'd even qualify for enough paragon excellences.  :psyduck

I'll see if I can't find some other non-caster class that would suit that left side. More free feats means I can get some fun from Diabolic Wave too.  :devil 

Maybe I'll go for Evolved Undead? Vampire/Extra Vampire/Evolved Undead//Stabby. Seems like the logical alternative; I get really good at being undead.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 11:40:22 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2019, 11:52:21 PM »
Fair enough, that makes sense, I'll figure out something.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2019, 12:03:43 AM »
To be fair, Spirit Warrior uses the same definition of Spirit as the official Spirit Shaman class (not that it helps meet the campaign fluff).

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2019, 12:21:16 AM »
If this is still open, I still have my Artificer//Factotum character that scales up or down power-wise to fit. Level 10 is early enough that the truly silly things aren't online yet anyway.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2019, 12:34:02 AM »
Savage Arcadian Avenger 6/Monster of Legend 2/Something 2 // Oni Brawler 10

But as I'm going the unarmed fighting route, if I gain the ability to inflict slashing damage with unarmed attacks, can I use the Avenger's features that normally require swords to be wielded? It's really the only obstacle in this goofy guy. Also dunno what do fill the rest of that monster side with. Dood's gonna be full of debauchery though that's for sure.

Maybe Vivacious Creature. Really hone in on being something that has no business being on the vampire tart's team except for having similar hobbies.

Altho Half Dragon fits the exactly 2 levels I have empty and could be fun too.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 02:18:58 AM by ketaro »

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2019, 07:43:41 AM »
The Phantasy Star campaign didn't involve them splitting into opposed factions I think.

Lol being a caster vampire is gonna suck for getting charges. Guess I can just knock people out with spells. But I need to take the feats for base vampire? Oh crap.

My other character will be based off of the other parties composition and more importantly who they side with.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2019, 12:30:34 PM »
Can a maid cohort get further maid mooks? I can set up an entire cleaning staff. :D

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2019, 12:48:43 PM »
Okay, after doing a lot of digging and re-reading through fluff I have another option to ask about.

Is Garryl's Power of Cybernetics okay?

I couldn't find any Wis based stuff in your homebrew that looked complimentary.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2019, 12:59:11 PM »
Oh that's a good choice, I'm possibly going to use some of that stuff myself with second char.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2019, 01:26:25 PM »
Oh that's a good choice, I'm possibly going to use some of that stuff myself with second char.

Assuming you're talking to me, PoC is my favorite incarnum rewrite. I refuse to use the official incarnum system because of it, haha.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2019, 03:47:13 PM »
Looks like the consensus seems to go towards the Bonnie faction.

Looking through Os' homebrew and re-reading the fluff on the faction, I find the idea of a Alt MC Chain Devil gestalted with a classic lockdown Crusader amusing. "Explorers in the further regions of experience. Demons to some, angels to others..."

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2019, 08:09:50 PM »

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2019, 08:58:05 PM »
I just feel bad about doing that because it means I can't max the class even though it would never come up.

Though I'm not sure I'd even qualify for enough paragon excellences.  :psyduck

I'll see if I can't find some other non-caster class that would suit that left side. More free feats means I can get some fun from Diabolic Wave too.  :devil 

Maybe I'll go for Evolved Undead? Vampire/Extra Vampire/Evolved Undead//Stabby. Seems like the logical alternative; I get really good at being undead.

Yeah evolved undead could fit nicely.

If this is still open, I still have my Artificer//Factotum character that scales up or down power-wise to fit. Level 10 is early enough that the truly silly things aren't online yet anyway.

There's still place for you and another person assuming parties of five, which gives some redundancy.

Savage Arcadian Avenger 6/Monster of Legend 2/Something 2 // Oni Brawler 10

But as I'm going the unarmed fighting route, if I gain the ability to inflict slashing damage with unarmed attacks, can I use the Avenger's features that normally require swords to be wielded? It's really the only obstacle in this goofy guy. Also dunno what do fill the rest of that monster side with. Dood's gonna be full of debauchery though that's for sure.

Maybe Vivacious Creature. Really hone in on being something that has no business being on the vampire tart's team except for having similar hobbies.

Altho Half Dragon fits the exactly 2 levels I have empty and could be fun too.
Ok for Arcadian Avenger to benefit from slashing unarmed attacks.

The Phantasy Star campaign didn't involve them splitting into opposed factions I think.
Before you joined there was quite a bit of division between "support the android administration they know what they're doing" and "the android administration are the actual bad guys or being manipulated by them, we must work behind their backs", including some PCs holding information from others.

Can a maid cohort get further maid mooks? I can set up an entire cleaning staff. :D
Yes, as long as you stay inside the power level limitations.

Okay, after doing a lot of digging and re-reading through fluff I have another option to ask about.

Is Garryl's Power of Cybernetics okay?
Yes, could fit nicely with the whole emergent tech plot.

I couldn't find any Wis based stuff in your homebrew that looked complimentary.
If there's anything not Wis based in my homebrew that you're interested we could always work out a feat or something else to make it more synergetic.

Looks like the consensus seems to go towards the Bonnie faction.
Well just three players out of a potential eight but nobody seems to have expressed favor for the others so yeah seems like at least the first party will be working for the vampire tart.

Interested players that didn't do so yet please point out the faction they would like to start working for to see if there's a second favorite that the second party could start working with (or if Bonnie's just that popular she gets two parties for herself).

Looking through Os' homebrew and re-reading the fluff on the faction, I find the idea of a Alt MC Chain Devil gestalted with a classic lockdown Crusader amusing. "Explorers in the further regions of experience. Demons to some, angels to others..."

An heroic demon would fit nicely with the sinful angel I think. :p

I'd also be interested in the Sniper too.
Also ok.

How about Legacy Gatekeeper?
Although I'm a fan of Fate/Stay Night, that's just too much text for me to properly read anytime soon so I'll have to say no this time.