Author Topic: (WIP) Genre: A Fast, Fun, 100% Narrative Party-Card Movie RPG  (Read 2722 times)

Offline JanusJones

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
(WIP) Genre: A Fast, Fun, 100% Narrative Party-Card Movie RPG
« on: February 28, 2016, 12:42:19 AM »
Hey all!

I've been on these forums, off and on, for around a decade, and before that I was a regular on the CO boards over at WotC - I wrote the Dragonfire Adept guide (a looong time ago!).

And I made a game!

(click to show/hide)

If you're at ALL interested - or even mildly curious! - PLEASE let me know!  We've playtested the ever-loving CRAP out of the game, and we're pushing to start the publication process, but there's a long road ahead.  It looks like LOTS of folks are doing the crowd-funding thing, so ANY feedback or support would be amazing, and to anybody out in the Bay Area, we'd love to see you!

You can contact us by ...

Or, just post here!  I'll reply!  If you're interested, I'll happily get the Print and Play up for you and send along the rules.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:06:58 PM by JanusJones »

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Re: (WIP) Genre: A Fast, Fun, 100% Narrative Party-Card Movie RPG
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 07:35:56 PM »
your links are broken

it repeats the https twice and surrounds the rest of the link in quotes

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 09:52:57 PM »
JJ, where have you been? I haven't seen you in forever!

Offline JanusJones

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 09:02:37 AM »
Whoops! Sorry about those links! Been a long time since I wrangled the posting on these forums  ... They should work now, apologies!

Hi Nanshork! I've been moving to  California, having a baby, and making this game! How goes?

Check it out for me? I think it's my answer to years of CO work; the opposite off all the tactical creativity required by 3.5. It's all about narrative creativity. I'm pretty proud of the game, no lie!

How goes for you? Forums are still kicking, even with all the WotC fail, yeah?

Cheers! Holler back! It's nice to know some of us old timers are still around!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 10:13:41 AM »
Moved to New Mexico for a good job and working on getting my life back together, I was unemployed for awhile.

I'll check it out, I just figured I'd wait until you fixed the links that bhu mentioned before getting into them.

The forums are still around but pretty slow, a lot of us old timers have disappeared without a word, apparently everybody is getting a life!

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 05:25:12 PM »
the checking the website link is still busted (it has a " on the end).

Count me in on this when it's published, my group loves zombie games.

Offline JanusJones

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 10:13:27 AM »
Awesome!  I'll let you know, bhu!  The first deck is gonna' be zombie, but the next will be Super-Heroic - the idea is to make multiple decks with multiple scripts, and keep expanding so you can blend together to make mashup scripts: the survivors of the apocalypse develop super-powers with which to face the horde, etc.  Have a Teen Drama deck in the works too; should be able to swing High School of the Dead-style action and/or Super-Hero/ine High stuff.  Fun!  Holler if you'd like Print n' Play in the meanwhile - we haven't started blind testing, yet, and that would help kick my butt on finishing the latest copy of the written rules.  We're planning a video, too (I'm the beardy guy in the play video, btw), to make learning to play easier, but that's a bit that'll have to wait till I have a tad more time.

Yeah, Nanshork, I feel you - age and such do tend to get in the way.  Dude, if you gotta move for work, though, New Mexico is pretty sweet!  I've kept my hand in games, just let things go with 3.5 (since, y'know, d20 seems dead compared to a lot of the new stuff, though I still love it in my heart of hearts).  Actually blogged about it on genrecardgame.com: http://mmlow1979.wix.com/genrecardgame#!Winning-is-for-Losers/v7862/56c276240cf2100f6473fa86.  Blogging being part of the marketing thing (ew), but I've been enjoying writing about games a bit - been too long since I've been on the forums!

Apropos of games - just got a sweet old copy of Tunnels and Trolls which inspired me to go shopping for the new Deluxe version.  It's kinda' AWESOME - way simple and stripped, but cool!

Anyhoo, cheers, guys!