Author Topic: The Tomb Of Horrors IC Thread Act 1: Scorn Of The Mother  (Read 12269 times)

Offline NeoNoctisEndisNigh

• Honorary Mod
  • End of The Line.
    • View Profile
Re: The Tomb Of Horrors IC Thread Act 1: Scorn Of The Mother
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2012, 09:54:49 AM »
The door to the conference room opens. "Intrude" a loud, clear voice booms from within, echoing around the hall, as the two Gnomes hurriedly rush in.
Cease And Desist

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
  • Neither genius nor savant, mostly just confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »
Ethan saunters into the room, unimpressed by the vocal display of authority.
Smile beautiful. It's not as bad as you think.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline NeoNoctisEndisNigh

• Honorary Mod
  • End of The Line.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2012, 12:12:13 PM »
As you file in, you see a large oval table, with two chairs on either side, at the end of the room, you see Al Kazim, sitting with a very serious look, with both legs crossed above the table, resting, with both hands behind his head. There is a Cane on the table beside him. Zepher is sitting cross legged on the floor to his left, in complete silence with a blank expression. The other Gnome is to his right, standing as if to attention. Kazim himself is a very lean Gnome, with blond spiked hair, he has silvery white eyes, and only by moving them, do you notice the silver ring as it moves.

As you sit, you notice the slouched Master, sit to attention, and then turn to each of you and nod.

He then beckons the male Gnome over. With a dry cough "Ahi, how many expedition members did I ask to be beckoned?". With a swift, clear reply, "One Hundred Sir, of the finest arcanists, adventurers and warriors on the entire continent". Kazim then touches Ahi' elbow, and a shocking burst erupts from the hand, electrocuting Ahi and causing him to fall to the floor in pain. "Since when is one hundred FOUR!" "Sorry for that display, it would seem that my underlings where not confident enough to accomplish the task of aquiring such a large number of extraordinary people, such as yourselves" "According to my files on you, you are a very 'mixed bag' indeed, Arcanist, Ranger, Clergy man and of course, a Keeper"
"Hmm mister duboise, you seem rather... Alone would'nt you say? Being of your field, you would have an 'Assistant or two?"
Chuckling to himself "Or you mister Trink-" He stands and looks deeply in Trinkets eyes, then his eyes dart all around your being. "Interesting, Fascinating, an Air Gnome, Ha this is a rare treat indeed" He gives a small bow and then resumes sitting.

"Enough games then, the 'Meat' of the conversation as it were; I have discovered a large burst wave of arcane energy, the burst is very continuous, travelling faster than any known magics known; it seems to morph, change, grow at will. Its effects are non existant, a light show if you will. An invisible light show. It emmanates from an uncharted dwarvern colony in the north east, miles off the coast of Lutelormar, and only Dwarvern military vessels can procede to get within reach of it. I have a dwarvern vessel in the harbour, waiting at once to take us to the colony, travel will be three weeks, regardless of Captain Sword-Shatter' 'noise'. He is extremely experienced and can get us there in two, but unfortunately ships just arent fast enough, yet" He adds with a smile at the end. "The task mentioned that other members of the Arcane Order will be present; Unfortu--" "They Will Not Be--" As soon as the words leave Zephers lips, Kazim' hand reaches his cane and with an almighty wack, clubs Zepher on the head. Calmly afterwards Kazim Continues. "-- Present, and neither will the payment afterwards, It is now, directly upfront, Five thousand gold now, five thousand on your return, Each"
He pulls out a bag, and tips onto the table five bulging sacks, thudding and indenting the table as they land outside the bag and hit the table.
"Gentlemen, the decision is yours, and if you have any questions, I will answer them" Kazim then leans back into his chair.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 12:15:50 PM by NeoNoctisEndisNigh »
Cease And Desist

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2012, 12:49:40 PM »
Trinket steeples his fingers, looking at Al Kazim with wary amusement. "Just to make sure I understand... you had asked for 100 members of an expedition?  And you're prepared to venture on with us four, for 10,000 gold each?"  He leans forward.  "What would the pay have been for each of the 100?"
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
  • Neither genius nor savant, mostly just confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2012, 09:07:29 PM »
Ethan raised an eyebrow, curious as to where he had been classified. 10,000 gold coin apiece is a hefty chunk of change, especially when he would have the help  of the others on this task.
Smile beautiful. It's not as bad as you think.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.