Author Topic: OOC Blather  (Read 29322 times)

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Blather
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2015, 07:49:26 PM »
Why do I get the feeling that the dragon used to make the weapon is actually a good dragon?
Will add later

Offline :<

• I don't -dislike- games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2015, 11:58:11 PM »
Proooobably, yes. :> I'm really impressed with all the flavor Veekie came up with for the randomly generated sword, feels like it could end up being a central plot piece.

Zeni would be really annoyed if her draconic heritage actually came up as a thing, but it'd be a sort of neat connection to the plot if more dragon things are on the horizon.

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2015, 09:43:30 AM »
Proooobably, yes. :> I'm really impressed with all the flavor Veekie came up with for the randomly generated sword, feels like it could end up being a central plot piece.

Zeni would be really annoyed if her draconic heritage actually came up as a thing, but it'd be a sort of neat connection to the plot if more dragon things are on the horizon.

Could be your ancestor's bone.  :P
Will add later

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2015, 10:14:52 AM »
Good.  She'd be glad if it was. |>

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2015, 02:51:51 PM »
Does Zeni not like dragons?

Is it because they make "your mom" jokes at her?
Please send private messages regarding board matters to Forum Staff instead.

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2015, 03:31:05 PM »
Meh, it's just not something she feels fits her 'identity.'  Her family never made mention of it, might not have known of it themselves (unlikely) and it only came up when her mentor figured it out as the source of her magic, etc.  Learning that as a young adult, she didn't think it 'fit' her well, hence trying hard to become a warlock.

Perhaps her dragon blood is why no fiends were taking her offer? Dunnoooo.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
  • Developing a relaxed attitude toward danger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2015, 10:59:52 PM »
Wonder what she thinks of Ellis' ulterior motives, then.

...come to think of it, does Zeni know what Ellis' deal is yet? I'm not sure we ever hashed that out.
Homebrew Compendiums: D&D 3.5 4e/PF
IRC: #mmxgeneral on Rizon

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2015, 03:51:26 PM »
Meh, it's just not something she feels fits her 'identity.'  Her family never made mention of it, might not have known of it themselves (unlikely) and it only came up when her mentor figured it out as the source of her magic, etc.  Learning that as a young adult, she didn't think it 'fit' her well, hence trying hard to become a warlock.

Perhaps her dragon blood is why no fiends were taking her offer? Dunnoooo.

Is that backstory or are you actually intending to multiclass into Warlock?
Will add later

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2015, 04:11:30 PM »
Backstory and reference to the fact that I originally built her as a warlock, and envisioned her with more warlocky flavor rather than dragony flavor. :<  She was going to have a tail as a sign of her contract!

I'm still considering a 2-3 level warlock dip, many faces is so cool, but I'm pretty sure I'll skip it.  Too many nice things ahead for sorcerererer.  Need level 5 to get the party haste (twinned haste!) and fireball, then level 6 for +cha damage to fire spells, blah blah blah.  Might do that warlock dip at level 8-10, but it's unlikely.

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2015, 08:19:44 AM »
It was a shit connection day, and a day where our health was shit.

But still, now that I'm off my meds temporarily, here's something that popped up:

1) Tanner, is he a local or a newcomer.
2) If new-comer, are the guards newcomers too?
3) If so, I'm afraid they are likely to be in cahoots.
4) If Tanner is not a newcomer, are the guards newcomers?
5)If so, I'm afraid there's possession magic going on and the guards might be privy to it.

We really got to be careful when we step out of the temple. I'm just worried this temple is compromised too.
Will add later

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2015, 09:34:38 AM »
Tanner and the guards seemed well-acquainted, which implies none of them are newcomers. We could ask the Weavers about him, I guess.

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2015, 10:12:52 PM »
I'm also interested in knowing about the other two faiths in this town apart from the Weaver.
Will add later

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2015, 06:21:38 AM »
Ok so it looks like there are no faiths apart from the Beastlord that Alyssa can get entry into right away.

Not that I want Alyssa to start on it so soon either. But I do see a potential of becoming so good a monster hunter that the Golden Knights might extend an honorary invitation to her. Because monsters hunt monsters or some shit like that.

Anyway, Alyssa and Lien will take 20 to source for information about troop movements. And Alyssa will also take 20 to gather information about these faiths safely.

Beyond that she's not doing much apart from resting and ensuring that the horses are taken care of.

And for Alyssa's outfit, she'll just get a regenerative outfit that doesn't stray far from whatever design/color that she's already wearing *refer to character pic*

I might change my character's appearance, get a series of pictures of 1 character is better than 1 unknown with no extra designs.
Will add later

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2015, 06:31:53 AM »
Anyway, Alyssa and Lien will take 20 to source for information about troop movements. And Alyssa will also take 20 to gather information about these faiths safely.
No take 20 in 5e for this kind of thing, but Lien's help can give Alyssa advantage on the roll to gather information.

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2015, 07:32:23 AM »
No take 20 in 5e for this kind of thing, but Lien's help can give Alyssa advantage on the roll to gather information.

Alright.

Investigation roll with advantage

Rolled 1d20+1 : 13 + 1, total 14

Rolled 1d20+1 : 16 + 1, total 17
Will add later

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2015, 01:05:33 PM »
Just as a current tally of wealth, we each have the following:
130g 487s 875c

Broken down:
187g 4s 5c

Note that a large chunk of the 'gold' count is actually held as gems, I just broke those down too, for simplicity.  Actually selling gems doesn't make much sense because of their 1:1 trade ratio, just think of them as very large coins.

The gold lump is un-fixed and unsold and there are 9 gems we got from the sacrifice place haven't even been identified, appraised, or sold.  This makes the 200g self-mending clothes a wildly expensive purchase. xD We can probably individually afford them once those gems are ID'd, but it doesn't make much sense to.

That said, Zeni's purchasing a 25g fire-resistance dress and possibly putting down half the money for a custom-made regenerating one that she'll have to pick up another time, haven't worked that out with veekie yet.

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2015, 03:54:07 PM »
Just as a current tally of wealth, we each have the following:
130g 487s 875c

Broken down:
187g 4s 5c

Note that a large chunk of the 'gold' count is actually held as gems, I just broke those down too, for simplicity.  Actually selling gems doesn't make much sense because of their 1:1 trade ratio, just think of them as very large coins.

The gold lump is un-fixed and unsold and there are 9 gems we got from the sacrifice place haven't even been identified, appraised, or sold.  This makes the 200g self-mending clothes a wildly expensive purchase. xD We can probably individually afford them once those gems are ID'd, but it doesn't make much sense to.

That said, Zeni's purchasing a 25g fire-resistance dress and possibly putting down half the money for a custom-made regenerating one that she'll have to pick up another time, haven't worked that out with veekie yet.

Or one of us invests in Unseen Servant and have it repair clothes.  :D
Will add later

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2015, 03:56:12 PM »
Be my guest. |> Haha, when Zeni was going to be a warlock, she had unseen servant as a ritual!  But I can't justify getting it on sorcerererer Zeni.

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2015, 05:33:50 AM »
Veekie gave us the values for the 9 unidentified gems, so the total gold each party member has is as follows:

299 gold, 6 silver, 5 copper
Minus the cost of whatever clothes each person bought, -20g in Zeni's case.
Minus some misc costs, -1g for Lien being too nice to bums, -1g for Zeni for carriage repairs, etc.

Congrats, we're already filthy rich. :V

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2015, 02:09:14 AM »
Just making extra sure here, but no one's finding Zeni like, painfully, fun-ruiningly annoying, are they?  I mean she's supposed to be an annoying brat, the most horrible blend of nihilistic and narcissistic, that's her thing!  I like playing her this way, but I can tone it down if that's grating anyone in any way, etc.