Author Topic: HeroForge Anew (D&D 3.5 Character Builder)  (Read 28449 times)

Offline Heliomance

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
HeroForge Anew (D&D 3.5 Character Builder)
« on: November 04, 2014, 10:43:00 AM »
Some of you may know of HeroForge. For those that don't, it's an amazingly useful Excel-based character builder for D&D 3.5. It keeps track of nearly everything you could possibly want it to when building a character, it calculates for you all that can be automatically calculated. It can track temporary changes to stats caused by buffs, it can tell you whether you qualify for feats and prestige classes - it's all around probably the most useful character building tool I've ever come across.

Sadly, development on it seems to have died, and no new content has been added for a long time. I decided that wasn't good enough.

As I couldn't get in contact with the original developers to get added to the team, I've split off my own copy, and am now announcing that HeroForge is alive again, as HeroForge Anew! You can download it here, and I hope you find it as useful as I have!

HeroForge Anew - now with Incarnum support!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 10:50:12 AM by Heliomance »

Offline Heliomance

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: HeroForge Anew (D&D 3.5 Character Builder)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 04:46:44 AM »
Update 7.1 is out.

Offline Heliomance

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 09:52:31 AM »
Update 7.1.1 is out. Magic of Incarnum now fully implemented!

Offline Heliomance

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 09:52:55 AM »
Update 7.2 is out. Fiendish Codex II now available!

Offline Baad Speeler

• Lurker
  • Kant Speel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 07:06:03 PM »
Can someone email this to me without putting it in a ZIP file? let me know and I'll PM you my email. I want access to this at work, but I can't download ZIP files
Get your physics out of my five foot square

Offline Honjuden

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 07:38:56 PM »
I just wanted to thank you for the work you have put in so far.  I am very happy to see classes like the Totemist and Hellfire Warlock being added to Heroforge.  I am not sure what your feelings on psionics are, but if you aren't sure what you would like to add next I would suggest the online prestige classes from the Mind's Eye articles.

Offline Heliomance

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 07:05:25 PM »
Psionics are fine. One of the recent releases added the psionic Incarnum content, I'll probably get to the rest at some point. There's quite a list of stuff to get through though!

Offline Heliomance

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 08:16:06 AM »
7.3 is now out - Player's Guide to Faerun appendix added.

Offline Heliomance

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 07:53:00 PM »
So my thread on Giant in the Playground has been locked for copyright violations. Hopefully some people will find their way here!

Offline Heliomance

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 08:59:22 AM »
Version 7.3.1 is out. Three new prestige classes, Zceryll, and the return of custom familiars.

Offline Fernin

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 09:08:29 AM »
Hey, wanted to thank you for your efforts in bringing HeroForge back. I've been using the original for years now, was rather disheartened when their website disappeared. Very glad that you've picked up where they left off. :)

I was wondering, though, did you have any plans to also work on either SpellForge or MonsterForge as well?

Offline Heliomance

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 06:08:59 PM »
I didn't, I'm afraid - HeroForge is enough of a project for me. I am taking a little part of the pressure off MonsterForge though - the next release is going to have animal companion support.

Offline AndyTheBomb

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 01:38:36 AM »
Great job!

:clap :clap Thank you so much for the work your punting into this. :clap :clap

Offline Frogman55

• I'm not very new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2015, 11:37:58 AM »
Very nice.

I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Offline Heliomance

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2015, 09:47:11 AM »
7.3.2 is out. Wildshape, animal companions, and Mind's Eye Psion ACFs.

Offline dirkformica

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2015, 11:32:11 PM »
I like the incorporation of Wildshape as a buff.  I know this is a new addition, but any plans on expanding the Wildshape list to include options from Master of Many Forms?

Offline Heliomance

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 04:07:45 AM »
Apologies on the bugginess of 7.3.2, there's now a fixed version available (7.3.2.3).

Yes, absolutely planning on expanding the available wildshape list. I've got all the code in there to allow Master of Many Forms wildshaping, all that's needed is entering the creature stats. If anyone wants to help out and is happy doing data entry for a bunch of critters, let me know and I'll walk you through adding them into the sheet. It's a time consuming job and I'd rather get on with adding entirely new content :P

Offline TwistedFaith

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2015, 02:08:51 AM »
Id be happy to help enter data as soon as I can get my home comp back up and running. If its just simple data entering thats great I have lots of time on my hands If it includes formulas I can understand basics and with a little help I pick things up quick.

Offline a3rynsun

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 02:15:49 PM »
Apologies on the bugginess of 7.3.2, there's now a fixed version available (7.3.2.3).

Yes, absolutely planning on expanding the available wildshape list. I've got all the code in there to allow Master of Many Forms wildshaping, all that's needed is entering the creature stats. If anyone wants to help out and is happy doing data entry for a bunch of critters, let me know and I'll walk you through adding them into the sheet. It's a time consuming job and I'd rather get on with adding entirely new content :P

I can assist with Data Entry.  I'm pretty familiar with the old Heroforge having added many missing things over the years on my own copy.

Offline TwistedFaith

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2015, 05:05:04 AM »
Hey I just thought of a small change that would be nice. If you could move the power attack from the buffs sheet to the Character Sheet 1. it would be helpful so instead of going back and forth to the buffs it would be right there on CharSh1. also a check box for Heedless Charge (from Shock Trooper Feat) next to power attack to have power attack subtract from your AC instead of your To Hit. Also a new box [or existing box that gets substituted with a IF statement (ie Action Points) for Spell Points if Spell Points are being used for that Game.] The Spell Point Info could go on the Spell info. A Check box to select using SP on the Options Sheet. These are all just minor suggestions.