Author Topic: Swordsage or Telflammar Shadowlord Build  (Read 3181 times)

Offline valen0121

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Swordsage or Telflammar Shadowlord Build
« on: May 27, 2012, 03:02:13 AM »
Hi Everyone
Finally, I found a stable gaming group to join. We will be playing in Forgotten Realms. We will be using 3.0 and 3.5, no Tome of Magic or Psionics. I’m looking at either doing a straight Swordsage or Telflammar shadow lord build again. We will be starting at 1st level with 82 attribute points. I will be playing a human from Thesk. For the shadow lord I was looking to use some type of combination using rogue, swordsage with 2 levels of fighter, assassin and use the shadow-walker template. Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks,
Valen

Offline Generic_PC

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Swordsage or Telflammar Shadowlord Build
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 04:12:13 AM »
I'm no FR guru, but I do know my way around the tome of battle. So...

For Swordsage, you're unquestionably awesome at being a mobile combatant. You don't have the HP pool of a primary combatant (Crusader!), so try to avoid being the main tank unless you've pumped your AC and maybe have some sort of miss chance (Child of the Shadows!). The only feat that is required on pretty much every Swordsage build is Adaptive Style, because the Swordsage recovery mechanic is absolutely atrocious.

Other than that general guideline though... What schools do you want to focus on? Setting Sun lets you bring some battlefield control to the table, while Desert Wind lets you hit the entire battlefield (usually considered a subpar tactic here, and since Fire is the most resisted of damage types... be warned). Tiger Claw is great for two weapon fighting. Shadow Hand is awesome for debuffing. Diamond Mind is a school that no one should ignore completely, because it has the great ability to replace a fortitude save with a concentration check (Mind over Body, l3), and other wonderful things like the ability to make a touch attack (Emerald Razor, l2) and the ability to have a massive number of attacks (Avalanche of Blades, l8). Lastly, Stone Dragon isn't a school to focus in, but it does have excellent utility in things like breaking through walls, gaining some DR and immobilizing (or otherwise removing actions) from enemies.

If you specify here, myself or someone else can give you more Swordsage advice.

Offline valen0121

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Swordsage or Telflammar Shadowlord Build
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 01:38:40 PM »
I was looking to fous on Shadow Hand and Tiger Claw, with some Diamoind Mind tossed in. I been trying to find a good shadow pounce advancement plan.

Valen