Author Topic: The Shared Skies, campaign building for a homebrew 3.5 Mahou Shojo game  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
I find myself in the interesting position of helping put together a campaign for a Mahou Shojo (Magical Girl) game. Funnily enough I seem to be doing the most work, so I've decided to ask for help from the boards.

A few basic points.

The Shared Skies, refers to the fact that multiple worlds are being drawn together by an outside force, and the Magical Girl traditions of each world (or Devil Hunters, not entirely picky) are being targeted and forced to work together.

This multiworld, was done so that you could have different types of Magical Girl classes without a ton of backstory into how one world developed so many different kinds.  It also carries into my BBEG.

The BBEG for this campaign is not fully fleshed out yet, but the general idea is that it expends energy in order to devour worlds, regaining energy from devouring and gaining even more power in the process. It is doing this multiworld instead of 1 by 1 because the energy expended to devour is not worth the returns of any 1 world, several are needed.

I'm currently juggling a few ideas, mostly on what information I need and what from prospective players as part of an application.

For character basis, I'm debating using the Main Aspects of the FATE core system.
  High Concept
  Trouble
  Filler 1
  Filler 2

needing to be included somewhere within those needs to be something relating to personality.

This will also be used within game. Mostly as a change to the Action Point system. Either to replace the gain by level method, or to supplement it for a slower leveling game.

Also a small questionaire with basic stuff like
 What class do you wish to use
 Was your character a solo Defender or member of a team
 Who were your bad guys and have you defeated them  (the undefeated ones could be brought in at some point)

and so on and so forth.

Anyone who would like to help me work on this would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I'll just begin fleshing everything out here.

Edit, just realized something else. Wealth and magical girls. Aside from boosting equipment Magical Girls don't usually seem the type to go after Loot, so what should I do with this. Keep as normal or perhaps do something like Os's Hoard feat for each character?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 05:25:58 PM by Rekmond »
I want to be born. To live. That is all I want. -Aura

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Shared Skies, campaign building for a homebrew 3.5 Mahou Shojo game
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 12:41:49 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Loot

My current working on this is gold equivalency. There won't really be any way to sell things you no longer need, and not every upgrade you want can be attached to an enemy. Obviously I can't change the standard for every single character so it is like this.  What you would earn is turned into gold equivalent material for your characters use. Maybe some form of condensed essence that items can be shaped from. Just a way to do away with all but the plot relevant loot from enemies.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 06:24:00 PM by Rekmond »

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Shared Skies, campaign building for a homebrew 3.5 Mahou Shojo game
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 12:41:59 PM »
reserved