Author Topic: Mice in a Maze  (Read 14589 times)

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
  • A hammer is all I need.
    • View Profile
Mice in a Maze
« on: November 26, 2011, 06:10:29 PM »
In a pitch black room, somewhere underground, there is a stalactite that has dripped at the same interval, onto the same spot, for the past millennia. Today that changed; today it dripped onto the forehead of an unconscious humanoid, the first humanoid to set foot in the room for even longer than the stalactite had dripped.

(click to show/hide)

Talking to himself but out loud,Holy shit what the hell did I drink last night?, begins looking around the room for an ugly woman. Well at least i didn't make that mistake again.. Bleary eyed Frank begins to look a bit closer at the other people in the room. Shit maybe I did make that mistake again.

Frank will walk over to [next person to post] and poke them a bit to wake them up. Hey, who are you? Do you have any idea what the hell happened last night?

"What da hell?  Who're you?  Where is dis?  Where's my bow?"

Terek begins looking around the room, at Frank and then the others.  He prods the person closest to him [next new person to post].

"Hey!  Wake up!  Wha's goin on?"

"A cube must have abducted me in my sleep!  Obviously my heavily-trained subconscious mind was able to break me free of its paralyzing grasp, and I escaped!"

Chauser lightly kicks the guy next to him

"Get up!  We have to restore the balance of the universe, also oozes to kill!"

Son of a.. I'm with a goblin and a crazy. I need a drink. reaches for where his flask normally is and begins to scowl as it isn't there. I'm gonna rip someone's tongue out through their ass if I don't get my liquor back.

"Get up!  We have to restore the balance of the universe, also oozes to kill!"
"Balance?  Ooze?  Wat?"

Son of a.. I'm with a goblin and a crazy.
"Hey!  Don't lump me in wit da rest of dose gits!  I hate goblins as much as you!  Look at my skin!" (Terek has pale grey skin, as opposed to the normal yellow/orange of goblins, and bright blue eyes) "You tink goblins are known fer dere tolerance?"

"What's da last ting you guys remember?  I was sleepin in da woods, last I knew."
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Mice in a Maze
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 06:12:47 PM »
Your a goblin, deal with it. You may be different than the "gits", besides I don't hate goblins they are just a pain in the ass and can't brew for shit...ok maybe i do hate them.

Last think I remember I was drinking in a tavern and i would like to get back, i was about to get money off of some stupid human who wanted to see if he could out drink a dwarf.

I was setting off on a mission of extermination!  Clearly my foes only wer feigning unintelligence, and attempted to stop my quest before it began!  They must be quivering in fear of me!

Chauser takes a look around (take 10:15), trying to find any irregularities in the cave like an exit.

Torches flare to life in scorns along the wall. The room is devoid of decoration, but its door is framed by heavy stone structures sculpted with runes in intriguing patterns. These intricate frames are beautifully crafted, in angelic depictions. The ceiling has a crack running through it, from which a large stalactite hangs from.

Chauser grabs a torch and starts trying to read the runes.

I hope this isn't another one of those "speak, fiend, and enter" trick-puzzles.  Took us months to get Jeffery exorcised.

(click to show/hide)

Once the torchs light, Galon finally stirs
"Manticorebelt! wait...whats going on...?" He scans the immidiate area, his eyes finally settling on the goblin "who are you people?" He turns to the still sleeping people "and why is that guy drooling?"

A pale man sits in a corner, a crystal with spidery legs perched on his shoulder.  He seems lost in thought.  As the torches light up, the crystal skitters to his other shoulder and he stirs.  He mutters softly, "Oh, they can see me now?  I should probably introduce myself then."

As he stands up, the crystal skitters to the ground and moves to each person in turn as if examining them.  It then returns to him, and he bows slightly at the group in general.  Eyes unfocused as if concentrating on something else he says,  "Greetings, I am Dalanath.  Where am I?"

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 06:14:19 PM »
The runes have a familiar style to them, but they make no sense to you.

"I'm Terek.  I don't know.  No one seems to."

"We're underground!  Deep in the furthest holes of the Otyugh Conspiracy!  These runes, runes that even I, Chauser Verde, have never seen the like of, only serve to confirm the fact!  Behold the oozing of the ceiling, and the filth that surrounds you.  I expect the dwarf's cunning abilities with stonework to bear witness to my assessment!  There's no other explanation than a subterranean imprisonment!"

OOC: So how deep are we approximately?

"Fuck, Chauser.  What happened to you when you were young?  I don't see any oozes.

Let's get outta here, den you can work on killin oozes."

"Imprisoned? I can't be imprisoned! I haven't even decapitated a manticore! How will I ever butcher random magical creatures in a prison!?!?!" He grabs the nearest person and starts shaking them violently.

Dalanath pipes up again. "Excuse me, is there something wrong with you people?"  Not waiting for an answer, he goes to examine the runes.

(click to show/hide)

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 08:34:48 PM »
Terek heads off away from the commotion and starts examining the walls for anything unusual.  He'd check the door, but he's unsure about his companion's mental health, so he's staying out of arm's reach from everyone.

(click to show/hide)

"The ceiling, you moron!  Look at all the fluid draining out of it!  It's clearly a lurker above!  I'll check the door to make sure it isn't going to wake up as soon as we try to escape."

Take 20, for total of 25 with trapfinding.

You can tell only that you are very deep, so deep that you have never been at this depth.

(click to show/hide)

An examination of the door shows no mechanics at all, no noticeable hinge, handle, or lock.

Looking at Dalanath, right now i would say a lot is wrong with some of the people in here. Didn't catch what you said earlier I was too busy trying to figure out how crazy these people are. Sad to say I think I trust the goblin more than the other two right now. I need to find my shit and we all need to get the hell out of here, you got any thoughts on doing that? Looks like... Frank pauses for a moment trying to recall the goblin's name Terek is trying to find another way besides the door. Name is Frank by the way. Give me a minute and i'll figure out if Chauser is right.

Frank concentrates for a few moments, looks puzzled and does it again. Well Jelly man you're righter than you think. We are deep as shit under ground. Hell if we dig down we may pop out the other side. I doubt even the Duergar go this deep.

Deep as 'shit', eh?  Just the type of thing an otyugh would be behind.

Anyway, looks like the door's safe... provided we can get it open.  And there isn't any hideous logic-defying abomination on the other side

Chauser takes a minute to concentrate (and 20), then kicks at the door with all his strength.

1d3+3d6+4=18 damage

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

At the point right before your fist would have struck the door, the runes flare up, and a pulse of light passes from the door’s side to the edge of the carvings. When it reaches the end of the lines, it starts to speed up, heading back towards the door, disappearing at the door’s edge. You are then suddenly blown back a step and your fist stings something fierce.

(click to show/hide)

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 08:37:20 PM »
Well, that stings.  I'm out of ideas

(click to show/hide)

The flash of light from the door finally woke up the young man. Wiping away a bit of drool from the corner of his mouth with the back of his hand, he sits up noticing that his hand is not gloved and he seems to be wearing rags. Deep blue eyes look about the group of other individuals before scanning along the room.

"Does anyone know what happened? Or where we are? Or where our equipment is? I do not remember anything....  Is anyone injured?"

Short version is we don't have a fucking clue what happened or where our shit is. We do have a fucking clue where we are, so far under ground we could fall out the other side. No one has complained about being hurt but that one just punched the stone so his hand could be fucked up. Points to Chauser.

Suddenly there is a pop, and a small imp appears in the room, “Ah, you are all awake, good, very good.” It said with a Transylvanian accent. Scanning the room it spoke some more, “You are a rather sorry lot, but maybe my master will be entertained by that.”

I recognize the accent!  You're a servant of the Otyugh Overlords!  I knew those fangily bastards were plotting something!

The imp’s eyes narrowed at Chauser, “I would destroy you where you stand for that slight, if not for my master’s orders. Now if you would sit your impudent ass down, I will tell you why you are here.”

"Otyugh Overlords?" He askes looking to Chauser before his gaze shifts to the imp.

"So we are to be entertainment for your master then? What sort of 'entertainment"?"

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 08:39:09 PM »
Dalanath politely sits down while his psicrystal skitters over to the imp.

Just get on with it!

Galon crouchs down (how he does this without impaling his thighs on his calf-spines you don't know) and looks with mild interest at the imp "So why are we here?"

Chauser leans back against a stalactite.  He's tall.

Is this by chance some sort of horrific bloodsport with little chance of survival for anyone concerned?

Ignoring the rudeness of the dwarf, the imp starts to explain, “You and others were selected for a sort of competition. The prize of which will be no less than your life, freedom, and whatever you can carry with you. There is but one stipulation, only six may leave.” It pauses for a moment, reaches into a tiny pouch on its hip, and pulled out six strands of 36 small orbs, some of which were glowing. “These will be your indication of how many yet live. Once put on, they cannot be taken off. If you find the exit, you will be able to pass only if six or less stones are alight.”

So, are we grouped up by team or something?  If you put a paladin in the same room as a cleric of Orcus we wouldn't be seeing full lights, right?

"And I imagine that should we decide not to participate, we would be killed, correct?" He says to the imp with a frown.

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 08:43:01 PM »
I'm not keen on tracking down and murdering some random people either. But I don't plan on letting one of them murder me either.

Well, what, a third of the world's population is evil, and another third is neutral.  We just have to make sure the evil guys kill off the neutral guys, then kill the evil guys to avenge the neutral guys.  And I guess some of the neutral guys would kill off some dudes at random as well.  So as long as we only kill off hypothetical team(s) evil, we should be completely fine, morally and numerologically speaking.

"Doesn't planning out how to kill people in order to avoid moral issues take away the point of said moral issues?"

Dalanath's brow furrows.  "Morality is relative, and I care not for your concepts of good and evil.  Then again, I don't care for any concepts of good and evil.  My main concern is that my mental energy has been drained, how am I to defend myself?"

"See, this is why we skarn are superior to humans. We have spines! How could your race possibly evolve without the majesty of spines? Or at least claws worth a damn."

"The groupings were in an effort to increase survival chances; they have no bearing on the outcome.” Turning to address Danus, “If you wish not to put one of these on and join the others, you will be left in this room to die of dehydration and starvation.” And then turning back to the group, “You are in no way required to kill other contestants, but as long as more than six of you live, none will leave.” Turning towards Dalanath, “You will be given a sporting chance of course, the draining was a side effect of the transportation.”

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 08:44:38 PM »
Hey you. looking at the imp Is the door open now and where is our stuff? I doubt your master would be entertained by a bunch of people incompetently beating on each other.

I say we deal with the other groups once we get there. How about we keep ourselves alive, find the exit, and if there are even 6 left by that point we can discuss what to do.

"You will get through that door, only by wearing one of these.” The imp holds the strands up again.

He reluctantly takes one of the offered strands of beads, giving it a look brief look over before slipping it around his neck.

Galon sighs and takes a strand, tying it around one of his spines. "At least they make decent Spine jewelry."

As the end of the strand touch, they fuse, forming a seamless adornment, tightening down to skin and spin, leaving no room for anything underneath it.

“You two may proceed.” Stated the imp, as it gestured towards the door.

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 08:46:24 PM »
Dalanath takes a strand of beads.  "I'd like to leave eventually I am sure, but I'd like to rest first." 

He gives a few testing tugs to the bead strand around his neck. His frown deepening as he stepped towards the door.

"Aye, I too would like a chance to rest and pray"

Terek puts on the beads.

"Gaa!  What da hell?!"

Looking at everyone:  "So, if we gotta team up, what do you guys do?  I'm an archer.  Dat, and I can shoot lightnin wit my arrows."

Galon pokes the beads on his spines a couple times before answering.
"I'm a friggin' skarn! What more do you want? If thats not enough, I can also bind the essence of magical creatures to empower myself further. I'm going to need some time to do that though. I'm Galon, by the way; the rest of us should introduce ourselves if they haven't already."

Puts on beads.
I can't let you guys go out there without someone who can take a punch, though Galon looks like he can give one. Once I have my gear think of me as a portable wall that hits back.

Chauser puts the beads around his ankle, where they'd be easy to hide. 

"Chauser Verde.  Trapfinder, lightning eater, jack-of-all-trades.  I can break a stack of bricks with my forehead.  Anyways, we should probably stay in here until we're rested up.  It wouldn't be that entertaining to put us in mortal peril right away, and I feel a little tapped out."

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 08:48:39 PM »
Having finished his duty, the imp made ready to leave, but paused a moment. With wave of his hand a small breeze passes through the room, in the direction of the door, which opens just a crack. “You may do as you see fit, with what is left of your lives. Now I bid good day.” With a pop, the imp disappears.

"I am a humble servant of Pelor, my name is Danus Fieldman." pausing briefly before continuing "The creature said we'd be given a sporting chance, lets collect our gear before we make any decisions. There may be a more comfortable place to rest beyond the door."

Stepping up to the now opened door he pushes/slides it open only wide enough to peek within the next room.

As before, just shy of the door Danus’s hand meets resistance and the runes flare, but this time on the pulse’s return nothing happened, or did it? Another orb, on everyone strand, is now aglow.

Danus’s peek affords him a view of a dully lighted room, with what looks like a table against the wall.

Fair enough.  After you?

Terek peeks using his darkvision to see into the dim room.

He steps back enough to give others a look if they wish. "It's a dimly lit room, with what looks like a table along one wall."

Chauser tosses his torch in, onto the floor.

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 10:47:31 PM »
"I am not good in a fight, but I can create those that are.  I also have a bit of myself here to help me out."  He extends his arm, palm up, and his psicrystal skitters onto it.

With Terek's superior vision he is able to tell that the table is actually a bed.

The torch raises the level of light near the door, but the room is too large for it to have any greater effect.

Ok, looks like the room's safe.  Dibs on the bed.

He steps cautiously into the room, eyes scanning the walls, watching for threats.

(click to show/hide)

As the door fully opens, the extent of the room is revealed.

(click to show/hide)

There are six beds in all, each with a backpack on it. In the middle of the room is armor stands and weapon racks. On the far wall there is an actual table, with what appears to be a small feast, and more beer than could possibly be consumed in one sitting.

The room itself appears to be of better workmanship than the small room you are exiting from. With two iron doors, in opposite corners, as the only other visible exits.

As each of you crosses the threshold, the runes flare, causing another orb to glow.

(click to show/hide)

Terek's eyes widen.  He walks cautiously to the table, sniffs the food, and (assuming it smells fine), sits down to eat and drink.  He'll only have about two beers, as he doesn't want to actually get drunk.

"Dis ain't half bad!  Last meal fer da convicted, huh?  Well, hopefully it won't be our last, right?"

* omnomnom *

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 10:50:45 PM »
Galon goes over to the backpacks on the beds, opening and sifting through its contents
"think this stuff is ours, or do we get a free starter kit?"

We should probably save what we can of this for later.  Who knows when we'll see food like this next.

Chauser checks for his equipment, then eats sparingly from the most perishable bits of the feast. 

You are able to find your gear in short order. As far as you can tell nothing is missing, everything has been cleaned and repaired though.

Terek immodestly changes out of the rags into his black clothes and armor.

"You guys tink we should take watches?  I dunno if we get a free night or not.  Can't be too careful, eh?

I'll take first watch, if we need."

The first thing he does is change out of his rags and back into his familar explorer's outfit and scale mail before ensuring that everything in his backpack is still there. He pulls a chair at the table and begins eating, choosing beef, potatos, carrots and a decent bit of bread while only having a single pint of ale.

Dalanath changes into his robe, pulling the hood up.  His psicrystal skitters along his shoulder and hides under the hood out of sight.  He eats sparingly, then goes to a bed and goes to sleep all without saying a word to anyone.

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 01:55:43 PM »
I suppose that puts me on first watch.

Chauser changes into his explorer's outfit, and sits where he can watch the exits.  He pulls a prong off one of his caltrops and idly stitches on some of the leftover rags, remaking them into a stylish fez.

(click to show/hide)

Once finished with his meal, he walks over to the bed his backpack was on and proceeds to take off his scale mail. His armor and back pack were place upon the floor at the foot of the bed before he laid down shutting his eyes with a..

" See y'all in the mornin' "

"Chauser, wake me up when you're ready to go to bed and I'll take a watch."

Terek takes off his armor and goes to bed.

When Frank exits the first room, it suddenly goes dark. The room you are now staying in is uneffected.

Using choice bits of the rags, you are able to make a fez, but you lack the materials for a tassel.

And, assuming nothing eventful happens, we follow standard watch rotation for the night, presumably waking up rested and cheerful.

I'll take the last watch, so you guys can finish getting rest. Now where is my liquor? Frank will eat his fill of the food provided and sip some from a flask that was in his gear. He apparently plans for the long haul as he has several 1 gallon containers and a bottle in addition to multiple water skins.

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 05:46:07 PM »
The night is uneventful.

In addition to your starting gear, as you did not fully consume the feast, you gain two days of rations and ale.

(click to show/hide)

As the group wakes, Chauser catches a glint of gold suspended in the air.

Frank will take as much food as wouldn't spoil before he can eat it.

Galon changes and curls into one of the beds. "I'd take a watch, but I need this time to shape my melds, sorry."

Ooooh secretspoilertime
(click to show/hide)

Terek will grab some food as well, but not any ale unless there is some way to carry it.

On closer investigation, Chauser discovers that the glint is a small golden orb, attached to a short chain, suspended in midair.

The ale is in small casks, but there are quite a few empty skins at the table.

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »
On second thought, Terek will pass.

(click to show/hide)

Chauser takes the orb, and tries to get a general idea of what it is.

Spellcraft (if it's magic): 1d20+8=25
Appraise (if it's valuable): 1d20+5=25
Knowledge:arcana (if it's a different kind of magic):1d20+6=13
Knowledge:architecture and engineering (if it's a building component): 1d20+10=25

(click to show/hide)

Upon waking up, feeling refreshed, he dons his scale mail. He then begins praying to Pelor.

"Oh great Shining One please grant me your assistance in aiding and protecting my new companions. I request the power to light our way, detect magical auras, and resist harm. I humbly ask for your blessing, the power to use my faith as a shield, and your aid in curing other's wounds. I vow to protect and aid those in need while challenging evil where it appears"

This prayer was said quietly while kneeling beside his bed, once completed, he moved to the table for some breakfast.

The orb itself is roughly the size of a golf ball. As you fiddle with it, your hand grazes a concealed mechanism. The top of the orb splits into two pieces rotating to the bottom. Within you can see what looks like a small ball of fire, behind some transparent material. The fire doesn’t put off any actual light.

(click to show/hide)

Terek readies his maneuvers and eats breakfast.

"So: whadaya guys tink we should do?  I got my bow, and my stuff's all set."

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 05:51:54 PM »
Dalanath wakes up refreshed, and looks somewhat surprised.  "Oh my, I see it too.  What is that flame you have there?"

(click to show/hide)

Ah, it appears my eternallight sphere is functioning adequately.  It is fortunate it was undamaged by the trip, as I don't know how I'd replace it.

(click to show/hide)

I doubt Terek sees anything: Spot (1d20+2=3)

Nodding, Dalanath eats breakfast and packs some extra food.

After eating and packing away some extra food, Galon dons his armor and waits for everyone to be ready to plan the next course of action.

(click to show/hide)

Dalanath suddenly realizes that he knows something.  "Hey, that isn't an eternallight sphere at all!  I know what it is."

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 07:54:27 PM »
He suddenly looks up from his breakfast as Dalanath exclaimation. Having been previously lost in though this was the first time he actually noticed the orb. Studying it briefly before asking "What is it?"

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Assuming the above is enough to recognize what he is doing
Well hells carrion crawlers may just fly ["when pigs fly" for dwarves or i would assume]. You sure as hell aren't a normal goblin. How did you learn some of the disciplines?

"It is a religious object, needed by those who pray to their gods for the ability to heal others and such."

"Hmm, seems I have more studying to do, what is it's function?"

Listening for an answer while finishing the remainder of his breakfast. Once he had had his fill, he stood up, chair was pushed in before moving to his bed to make sure he had collected everything before looking to the two exits, wondering which one should be taken.

Well hells carrion crawlers may just fly ["when pigs fly" for dwarves or i would assume]. You sure as hell aren't a normal goblin. How did you learn some of the disciplines?
"I studied under a ranger a while back while traveling.  I also swapped secrets wit a few elves a while back.

I left my tribe when I was young.  Dey don't like grey-skinned goblins."

As the group is having breakfast and preparing for the day, they notice one of the orbs (which had been all lit when they woke up) had just gone out.

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 01:16:49 PM »
Galon watches the bead go out. He sighs heavily. "Looks like the show's underway."

Dalanath starts lecturing absentmindedly.  "It is a tool for priests to tell the time.  Normally one wouldn't think this to be very important, but priests need to pray at a specific time every day as you know, and with this device they can know what time it is.  This way, there is no danger of the priest missing their prayer time even when underground."  He gestures towards Chauser and says, "You should give it to this young priest here, he needs it more than you if we are to effectively make use of his healing." 

He then closes his eyes and thinks for a moment.  "Hmm, I agree.  We can't stay in here forever, it is best that we head out as soon as possible."

Hey, Frank, you can have as much of my ale as you want if you'll carry some of my stuff along with yours.  I was carrying eighty pounds of ale home on my mule, and while the ale's here the mule is gone.  We'll have to cache about seventy pounds of it somewhere, or use it as a trap or something.

He looks at the bead on Galon's wrist.

Looks like we should get going.  Shall we establish a marching order?  I should probably be in front to check for traps, molds, and other nasty denizens of the deeps.

"Aye that would be very useful to me" He says nodding "Thank you for the information"

Turning to Chauser "May I please have it?" He holds out his hand for the orb.

It serves well as a light source; I figure we can just stick it on the end of a torch and know the time by how bright it is.  If you want to carry the light, feel free.

He nods to Chauser taking the orb "Thank you" After examining it a bit closer "Hmm it's doesn't seem to give off any actual light". After a few more moments inspecting the orb, it is slipped inside his belt pouch.

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 01:22:16 PM »
"I use a bow, so I don't need to be up front.  I don't wear much armor, so I don't want to be up front.  I'm also good at shootin into crowded areas, so I don't hafta be too close.

I call dibs on somewhere in da middle, or I'll hold up da rear if needed."

I can only carry another 50 lbs of your weak ale, 'cause I'm not about to put down some of my liquid lunch for that stuff. Since a wall isn't very useful unless it is between you and the enemy i'll be up front too.

"Danus, do you know how to make water?  Dat could be useful.  Maybe we don't need all dis ale."

Like hell we don't need all this ale. While that human made yak piss can stay here i'm not leaving my good shit. I'll drink the human stuff too, mind you, I just want like it as much. I figure If i can carry an extra 50 lbs of yak piss you 5 could carry the other 30 lbs somehow. I promise the loads will get lighter soon enough

"I can summon constructs to aid us in a fight," Dalanath offers helpfully.

"I didn't say to leave your ale behind.  I'm talkin about da stuff we found here.  You can keep it if you want.  I don't care, but I can't carry any of it.  I'm too small and I hafta be able to run fast."

(click to show/hide)

"Aye, tomorrow I will beable to possibly create 6 gallons of water with The Shining One's aid, if needed. I also have an extra waterskin should anyone be in need. It might be best to put me in the middle, it will be easier for me to reach those injured more quickly than if I was at either end."

(click to show/hide)

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 01:26:18 PM »
"I'll take a position not directly at the front, but close to it. I can carry some extra supplies if neccesary, my gear is pretty light."

(click to show/hide)

Chauser starts taking 20 for a 25 to check the doors for traps.  Paranoid, him?  No, impossible.

Dalanath just stands there quietly.

"Which door shall we try first?"

The doors are fairly nondescript, and appear to open outwards.

Chauser’s thorough inspection of the doors shows no traps of any kind.

(click to show/hide)

Let's pick the right door, so we don't pick the wrong one!

Let's pick the right door, so we don't pick the wrong one!
"Yer logic is undeniable.  Before you open it, lets listen to make sure nothin's on da other side."

Terek goes to the door to listen:
(click to show/hide)

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage