Author Topic: MTG Commander deck discussion: Mairsil the Pretender  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
MTG Commander deck discussion: Mairsil the Pretender
« on: October 22, 2017, 07:01:05 PM »

I'm building a deck around the slow accumulation of semi-random abilities that eventually turn into engines. I like to think of it as playing Magic as a roguelike.

Do you have any pet cards that would be hilarious to see used here? I've got the obvious stuff that EDHRec and the common discussions would hit. I'm looking for the weird this time.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: MTG Commander deck discussion: Mairsil the Pretender
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 12:26:48 PM »
First thought? Shadowmoor & Eventide had Untap abilities, just pile on a bunch of tap & untap effects for the perfect amount of Commander randomness.

Second thought? Shauku Endbringer should be one of those tap effects, or just google Necrotic Ooze decks.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:15:18 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
Re: MTG Commander deck discussion: Mairsil the Pretender
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 04:27:43 PM »
First thought? Shadowmoor & Eventide had Untap abilities, just pile on a bunch of tap & untap effects for the perfect amount of Commander randomness.

Second thought? Shauku Endbringer should be one of those tap effects, or just google Necrotic Ooze decks.

Shauku is in, as is the best untapper (Hateflayer). I also run things like Morphling, Torchling, Aetherling...Necrotic Ooze decks are pretty much where I'm starting from.