Author Topic: High End OOC thread IV-End of minmaxboards  (Read 167565 times)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
Re: High End OOC thread IV-End of minmaxboards
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2017, 01:10:53 PM »
I'd recommend you keep a section of your sheet for when you are within your mecha and when you are without. Nanoarmor and on foot should be similar enough to quickly figure out what applies and what doesn't.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2017, 01:59:11 PM »
Yeah, having a mecha basically gives you two completely different loadouts. Sure, maneuvers and abilities are the same, but the mecha add a lot of differences.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2017, 02:28:01 PM »
Guess I'll put the mech data first. Cam someone give me a more specific template? I'd make it myself, but having to work from a phone makes stuff difficult.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 02:31:31 PM by YuweaCurtis »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2017, 04:08:02 PM »
If there is one, that would be a godsend, as I'm terrified of touching what I've got because SOMEWHERE in there there's a strange formatting error that I can't seem to pin down.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 12:24:45 AM »
Guess I'll put the mech data first. Cam someone give me a more specific template? I'd make it myself, but having to work from a phone makes stuff difficult.

(click to show/hide)
You can copy Spell/Maneuver descriptions off their respective tables,or make your own, to complete the full details. As brought out else where, you note every bonus type instead of ambiguously lumping then into four types (srsly go one or all) for easy recalculations. It also creates a one-screen display in a single click enough of having to click on say the sheet, stats, flaws, traits, racial stuff, and class feature spoilers while scrolling up and down repeatedly just to post a reply in the IC thread about attacking someone.

Heck, throw the entire thing into a table to display it to the right of your character image.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 12:26:41 AM by SorO_Lost »

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2017, 07:59:26 AM »
I don't entirely follow, but thanks for the template and the minor editing already done.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2017, 10:24:36 AM »
I don't entirely follow, but thanks for the template and the minor editing already done.
Here, I forgot the Arcane Pilot auto-learns a bunch of Spells.

Spells: 5-3 + 0-0 bonus
(click to show/hide)

It's a pretty "detailed" list since you get a short description of each Spell this way, but you can do this with Maneuvers as well. And really listed out the details like that isn't too bad, for example imagine trying to locate 3rd level spells in that layout and then goto Osl's post and try to find them, and it can be pretty helpful if you haven't memorized the couple hundred spells in D&D people like to use.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 11:34:50 AM by SorO_Lost »

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2017, 04:20:07 PM »
What is a special power for the purpose of Leadership?

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2017, 06:32:40 PM »
It is usually recognized has the character having a power that is uncommon in a given setting/environment.
For example, a spellcaster in a low magic campaign would have a special power.  Someone with water magic in a desertic world where water magic is rare would attract more followers by virtue of that special power. An arcane caster in a plane where divine magic is dominant, an orc warlord channeling the power of a demon... (assuming that isn't somehow the norm in that setting) A character with an artifact would likely count as well. A saint's relic or other item of similar import to those he is attracting could maybe also qualify.
Ultimately it is the DM's call, as is usually the case with such ambiguous stuff.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:38:17 PM by Anomander »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2017, 07:39:08 PM »
Something like being a detective, mayor, judge, king's guard, deacon of the local church, or a member of a noble family. Probably being a Super Pilot on it's own is enough to count too, or being lv14 since we're supposed to be the highest.

For example, a spellcaster in a low magic campaign would have a special power.
It's on the Reputation table not the Leader Has X table so it's more about the character being perceived as something than what he has.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2017, 09:48:06 PM »
It's on the Reputation table not the Leader Has X table so it's more about the character being perceived as something than what he has.
Absolutely. A charlatan could well pretend to be a wizard in a low magic campaign to be considered a special power. Or some bishop display his fake relic has genuine.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2017, 04:06:51 AM »

Great renown, Fairness and generosity and Special power cannot be considered at campaign start for leadership. They may be awarded during campaign play.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2017, 06:21:31 PM »
Which among the reputation modifiers have been awarded to our respective characters throughout the campaign so far?
So that we may adjust.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2017, 08:21:38 PM »
You'll know it when I say it. :p

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2017, 09:42:21 PM »
Hm, not sure anymore. I recall you saying that Mao got popular enough to be merchandised, with collectibles and such. If not that, at which point do we reach great renown?
Baha got a similarly huge fanbase.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2017, 09:44:48 PM »
I don't think rabid fans count as competent followers  :rolleyes

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2017, 09:56:40 PM »
Renown is a pretty hard thing to measure with this lot. I've got Monster of Legend stuck in there.

Tomorrow I'm finally going to brave the madness and try and rewrite this entire bio to have proper formatting. Wish me luck.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2017, 11:01:35 PM »
I don't think rabid fans count as competent followers  :rolleyes
Eeeee~dunno.
Even high level Esper mages get to be rabid fans.
Though its all about reputation, anyway.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2017, 07:49:08 AM »
Hm, not sure anymore. I recall you saying that Mao got popular enough to be merchandised, with collectibles and such. If not that, at which point do we reach great renown?
Baha got a similarly huge fanbase.

Normally that would be true, but in this setting with factories and mass media and whatnot, having your own line of merchandising is kinda the bare minimum to be considered somebody. Mao's toys/games/movies have plenty of competition, actually being in 5th place of Parum's popularity polls just when compared to the other big-name android administrators, and that position swiftly falls further down when compared to stuff like Orguma's own trademarks and brands from other worlds.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2017, 07:40:48 PM »
Fair enough though so far the campaign seems to indicate that our characters are quite well known. Reputation that precedes them.
I recall people at the bar noticed Hugo and Baham when they go in and started talking about hem. Renown within the battleship is definite at the moment, following their press conference. (though that doesn't mean they'll remember much of it for more than a few days, until the wave of tweets and maelstrom of youtube commentary dies away)

The crowd cheers at Mao's statement, snapping thousands of fotos at each word. Clearly they're all big fans of her (or at least pretty good at pretending it), although it's no secret virtually all of the colonizers on board were picked from the population segments that showed greater liking of the Android Administration
Baham being a prince/ss also sort of insures he is well known in his native environment. Most people within a nation usually know the name of their royal family. Even though his reputation may not be as strong aboard the protectora (which wouldn't matter much since he's probably recruiting exclusively from within his own territory.

Speaking of which, Baham has a sibling aboard right now planning his downfall. Was his bait meant to attract that kind of attention as well?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 07:43:14 PM by Anomander »