Author Topic: My adventures in West Virginia  (Read 1990 times)

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
  • Trapped on another Earth that isn't home
    • View Profile
My adventures in West Virginia
« on: November 24, 2018, 11:09:11 PM »
(This is going to be done in character as a Vault dweller< Wendy> going out and all that, I haven't fully hashed out her back ground or anything like that yet but I do welcome suggestions)
(click to show/hide)

Day one

Well...I fucking woke up late..and by late I mean by the time I got out it was almost night time. Man, I must have had a good time last night..because I felt like I had been smacked around by a Mr. Handy..and someone had shaved my head leaving just the top and my ponytail and dyed it PURPLE! WTF?!? Who did this? Was it one of the guys or girls I was playing beating at Beer Pong? whatever..So anyway, I get out of the vault after realizing everyone else was gone including that jerk Kevin who owes me for that thing I did for him.(will have to hunt him down) I look around and realize there's no one, but there's a dead body so I check it out and find some orders from a person named Maria Chavez and something about watching the Vault. I also find some other junk including a Machete (wa-hoo) and then head down the hill towards Flatwood like the Overseer said.

The first place I come upon is a ruined lumber yard and I'm immediately attacked by a tick the size of a dog! Holy hell!!! Luckily I killed before it could do anything to me. This is not what we were trained to do in the vault, I mean we were told about the possibility of mutations but ticks the size of dogs?!? After not finding any I leave the lumber yard and encounter some people(?) who looked like they infected with something or been mutated by the bombs, I attempted to say hi but they just upped and attacked me! (how rude). I got shot..luckily it was a simple glaze, so I attacked and killed them. After looting their bodies and finding a gun of some sort (why we weren't given guns for ourselves, I have no clue) I realized I had no idea how to use it,so I put it away for now. I made my way to the overseer's camp and decided that I would sleep here for the night and go forth in the light.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 11:12:22 PM by trappedslider »

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
Re: My adventures in West Virginia
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 04:27:41 AM »
So, I wake up at the overseer's camp and head over to flatwoods. Along the way I stopped at the Green Country Lodge and picked up a holotape that turned out to be some moron's work out plans. I'm still not seeing anyone alive, but at least I'm not being attacked. I get to the church and find more dead bodies and the overseer's tape, which I listen to and find out that the people that I got attacked by the other day are sick with some sort of disease. The overseer is right, we weren't trained for this! If I find anyone who works for Vault-Tec, I;'m going to file a compliant. After listening to her, the guys who set up a hospital in the church are called "The Responders". Nifty, so they offer automated training which the overseer advised me to do. Again, this will be put into my compliant of stuff we weren't trained to do. I learned how to boil water before drinking it,along with making sure to cook anything I want to eat. I also encountered some more people, who were different from the ones that shot at me. Theses ones were all like an orange color and zombie like,so after a quick fight I chopped them up with my machete ( I think I will call it Mr. Slasher). As the sun was going down, I decided to set up camp by the vault tec agricultural research center. I'll go inside tomorrow and see what I can find. Oh, before I forget I also washed the dye out of my hair.
(click to show/hide)

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 04:16:50 AM »
Day 3: Helping out on the farm

I wake up to hearing a radio broadcast,something about needing help dealing with out of control farm hands. So, instead of heading directly over to research center, I head back into Flatwoods to deal with the two super visors there. Then I make my way back over to where the last super visor is, chopping my way with Mr. Slasher. I finally dispatched him and then get told that I need to go into the research center and reset the programming. I head inside via the main doors and find a holotape left by Susie ( The overseer). I listen to her prattle on about her visiting the place as a kid and then working for Vault-tec. I look around for a complaint box but don't find one. It looks like Susie is going to take a trip down memory line,since she plans to visit her home to see if it's still there. After slashing and chopping my way to the basement I find the terminal and reset the targeting programming, apparently this has happened before. I then hear that all responders need to get to Morgan town airport, look like I'm heading to the airport since I'm a responder. Along the way I ran into this big guy.
(click to show/hide)

He didn't attack just wanted to trade, I decided to be polite and not ask why he's green and way taller than me. After dealing with him, I found both those zombie things and the sickos fighting each other, I sat back and watched and then took out the remaining two sickos and decided to huddle in the ruins of a Slocum's Joe for the night. Still no sigh of that bastard Kevin, but I did find my favorite drink a Nuka-Cola Quantum along with plans for something called a Nuka grenade that sounds like all kinds of fun.

Day 4: To catch a plane

After waking up at the Slocum's Joe , I head to the airport at Morgan town. I set up my own little camp outside of the fence line so I can have somewhere to fall back before going inside the airport itself. I start to explore the run way area, and it looks like the Responders have a nice set. Different hangers have been put aside for different things. A lab,a workshop for robots and a quarantine hanger. However, there's still no sign of anyone alive including Kevin (dammit). I do however get instructed to help keep the Scorched ( the names of the sickos) at bay before a cargobot can drop some supplies. It takes about five or ten minutes for the bot to arrive and during this time wave after wave of Scorched attack giving me a chance to get in some practice with a .44 that I found, but I ended up dealing with most of them using Mr. Slasher. I think I'll go back to camp and practice with bottles or something. So the bot drops off some stimpacks and other health stuff. I go back to looking around the encampment. They even have a stage set up and I can't resist so I went up and played the banjo.

(click to show/hide)

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 05:36:03 AM »
I wake up and eat something (after cooking it long enough) and I do some target practice as well. As I'm walking down the hill into the airport a giant bat like creature fly over and I hear it's wings so I naturally hauled ass inside deciding that I don't need to see it right now. Once inside, I find the command room, I guess is what you would call it. I also come across Maria Chavez. So, that's who issued the order about watching the vault. I listen to her holotape, which gave me info about the background of "The Responders" along with some info about the Scorched, it seems that the responders who were firefights, paramedics and cops before the bombs fell; were working on an inoculation of some sort to protect against the scorched. I'll have to hunt it down, but for now I'm going to do the advance training. Afterwards, I may head over to Vault-Tec university and see if anyone is there or if there's a complaint box of some sort. I still haven't found a sign of Kevin, but I did get a spiffy new outfit.

(click to show/hide)