Author Topic: The Dungeon Bastard's KickStarting his own Dungeon Crawl  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
The Dungeon Bastard's KickStarting his own Dungeon Crawl
« on: May 01, 2013, 07:52:22 PM »

You’ve played the best, now conquer the WORST! Enter the Flaming Deathpits of the Minotaur Mage! An official DUNGEON BASTARD adventure!

Hey gamers, over the years I’ve given advice to thousands of players on how to KICK ASS (play a dwarf!) TAKE NAMES (inscribe them on your axe) and CRUSH DUNGEONS IN STYLE (hint: SWEATBANDS) but I’ve largely neglected to help those unfortunate souls sitting on the OTHER side of the screen – the DM.

WHY?

Because being the DM is EASY. You just read some boring boxed text and send a couple of goblins into the room. A SECOND-GRADER COULD DO IT.

Some of my critics disagree. “EASY?” they say, as globules of rage fly across the room. “You think running an inventive, engaging, BADASS RPG adventure is EASY?”

That’s right. And I’m going to PROVE it by taking the World’s WORST Dungeon Crawl and making it AWESOME.

Based on decades of RPG experience, I’ve culled together the most odious PCs, plots, and encounters and built a Frankenstein’s MONSTER of BADASSITUDE. It’s called Flaming Deathpits of the Minotaur Mage: Descent into Doomfire! It has a hackneyed “Save the Princess” plot. It has pyromancer named “Steve.” It has ROLE-PLAYING.

Yeah, you’re right: it sounds like a total train wreck. And I’m going to climb that train, stoke its engines with 200cc’s of pure, undiluted DUNGEON BASTARD GUSTO and CRASH that thing directly into the BIGGEST, most NOTORIOUS gaming convention of them all: GEN CON 2013.

That’s right — I don’t do things HALFWAY, gamers. If I’m going to prove how easy it is to take the World’s Worst Dungeon Crawl and make it TOTALLY AWESOME, I’m going to do it LIVE, in-person, before a crowd of the world’s most hard-core gamers.

I hope to present this “masterpiece” of fantasy adventure not only as a published RPG adventure for you to enjoy with your fellow gamers, but also as a live event at GEN CON immortalized on video to help motivate and inspire your PERSONAL gaming group. Your contributions help create, publish and host the game and document it in the polished, professional style you’ve come to expect from the Dungeon Bastard. The result should be a lot more fun than “The World's WORST Dungeon Crawl” HAS ANY RIGHT TO BE.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 08:05:13 PM by Libertad »