NEPHILIM “Intermarriage is one of the most provocative words in the Common tongue. Well, for some species anyway...”
The Nephilim are descended form a community of Solars and Humans that begot a lot of Half-Celestial children. Angels aren't fond of Nephilim due to their being an eternal reminder that Angels suffer the same lusts as mortals do. Humans are disdainful as they claim the Nephilim are snooty and think they are somehow "better" than them. i.e. they're racist fucks as usual. Nephilim appear as very physically perfect humans with white, feathery wings protruding from their hips. They breed true, and now there are small towns of them in search of a homeland where they can roam free.NEPHILIM RACIAL TRAITS
· +2 Wis, +2 Cha
· Size Class: Medium
· Type: Outsider with the Native Subtype, giving them 60 ft. Darkvision
· Base land speed 30 ft.
· Base flight speed 40 ft. (Clumsy)
· Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): Nephilim can cast one of the following spells once per day as a Spell-Like Ability: Animate Rope, Bless, Bless Water, Charm Person, Color Spray, Cure Light Wounds, Detect Chaos/Evil/Good/Law, Endure Elements, Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law, Remove Fear, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith. Caster Level is 6th.
· Automatic Languages: Nephilim speak Celestial and Common. Bonus Languages: Virtually anything given their travels and immortality.
· Level Adjustment: +1
· Favored Class: STARTING AGE Adulthood
: 15 Barbarian, Rogue, Sorcerer
: +1d4 Bard, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger
: +1d6 Cleric, Druid, Monk, Wizard
: +2d6AGING EFFECTS
Nephilim do not age or suffer aging effects.HEIGHT AND WEIGHT Base Height
: Male: 4'10" Female: 4'5" Height Modifier
: +2d10" Base Weight
: Male: 120 lbs. Female: 85 lbs. Weight Modifier
: x(2d4) lbs.NEPHILIM CHARACTERS
Quick generalization of what this race is good for as far as characters go.. Adventuring Race
: Nephilim mostly go on adventures out of necessity. There aren't many places they fit in well, they are often on the run, and are more susceptible than usual to blackmail. Character Development
: Give suggestions for making a character with this race. Character Names
: Nephilim PC names will generally tend to be Latin, unless their human parent raises them alone.ROLEPLAYING A NEPHILIM
You wish people were more open minded. Humanoids feel guilty about not living up to your example, without realizing you aren't really all that far removed from them. Angels feel you don't live up to your potential, not realizing you don't have their raw power and are therefore more vulnerable. Personality
: Despite the crap they have to take, Angels are generally bright and upbeat. Those who aren't are usually Evil. Behaviors
: Nephilim are as varied as humans, and have no typical behaviors. Language
: Nephilim speak Celestial and Common.NEPHILIM SOCIETY
Nephilim tend to adopt the society of their human parent, which is normally who raises them. Nephilim are rarely reared by their Celestial parent who view them as an incarnation of their failings. Nephilim only towns tend to be similar to other local Humanoids. Alignment
: Nephilim aren't big on being told what to do, and as such most are Chaotic. Lands
: Just about anywhere Solars travel. Settlements
: Nephilim will go anywhere they can find acceptance.. Beliefs
: Given their relation to celestial beings, a lot of Nephilim aren't big on religion, and those who are vary as much as humans do. Relations
: Evil beings generally hate Nephilim as they see them as allies of Good. Celestials tend to view them with disdain, as the Nephilim are half Celestial and a reminder that they can be imperfect as well. Everyone else tends to view them through the lens of their religion.NEPHILIM ADVENTURES
· You are approached by a Solar who wishes to offer you employment and salvation. You've heard this bullshit before.
· You are approached by a Pit Fiend offering you employment and revenge. You've heard this bullshit before.
· Werewolves have kidnapped your precious kitty, and there will be hell to pay.