Author Topic: Dread Necromancer Advanced Learning Discussion  (Read 3174 times)

Offline JaronK

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Dread Necromancer Advanced Learning Discussion
« on: May 12, 2013, 05:55:50 PM »
Just a spot for discussing good ideas for advanced learning options for Dread Necromancers.  I find that when playing one, that's the one thing I really want to know.

JaronK

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
Re: Dread Necromancer Advanced Learning Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 11:00:39 PM »
Might want to add the actual rules for Advanced Learning to give it better context.  Not everyone is going to whip out their book or pdf or whatever to catch up on it really quick.

Offline snakeman830

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • BG's resident furry min/maxer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 01:00:13 PM »
Door of Decay from Complete Champion should get a special mention, as it is the only non-Necromancy spell that a Dread Necro can learn with Advanced Learning. 

It also gives the Dread Necro something it lacks in long range travel (though self only).  Leave a single human (or anything else your size or larger) skeleton in a safe location and use your other minions as an escape route.  Alternatively, send the tireless minion ahead and rapidly get someplace yourself.
"When life gives you lemons, fire them back at high velocity."

Offline 123456789blaaa

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Not very active here but still active online
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 09:45:11 PM »
You may want to request that ShneekyTheLost copies or adds a link to this handbook in his reanimated DN handbook. I know there are a ton of people over on Gitp who don't even know about these boards. I'd do it myself but we had a bit of an argument and I doubt he'd listen to me.

Also, sorry for uh posting the above in the actuall handbook thread by accident  :facepalm.
Please, call me Count :).

Offline Arz

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • New season
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 03:43:34 PM »
Versatile Spellcaster feat adds an extra level of options to this. Making it a second reason to take this feat.