Author Topic: Anauroch - The Great Desert - at some other place [Aria, Felgryn, Thor]  (Read 34540 times)

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
[ooc]
This is a continuation of this thread:
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=12781.0
The final few posts will follow for reference.

Aria had missed the bird landing as she was digging through her saddle bags. When she was done, her feathery wing had returned to violet petals. "I'm ready when you are!" she said as she flew back to her new companions. She then spotted the small bird on the ground, "Oh! You found a new friend."

(click to show/hide)

The bird cocked his head and lifted its wings in a pose that was obviously as show of dominance it then turned its head, its neck twisting an unnatural amount to accomidate its contortions, and looked over twords a dune. After a moment a man on horseback emerged from over it going at what looked like a break neck pace. Within a minute the man had reached them and pulled to a halt 20 ft away. " Who goes there and be they friend or foe.  Be warned I shall not tolerate Darkfriends in my presence". The man bore no visible weapons but it was obvious from the confidence that he projected that he felt he would have no troubles were he confronted without one.
(click to show/hide)

As the strange rider approached, Felgryn tightened his fists, in the process making a creaking grinding sound. The air was tense and heavy. 

"Who goes there? You've a lot of nerve galloping in to our oasis and demanding to see our traveling papers.  We might ask ye the same thing..."

The man who was speaking was...well not a man, or at least not a living one. The old weather-beaten barbarian, with his horned helm and rich furs was pale and translucent, the very image of a ghost, although his face bore none of the menace such tormented creatures were known for.  Perched upon his shoulder was a mighty gilded greataxe, equally transparent.  Next to him, gazing with a fierce intensity at Thor was an onyx man, marbled with ribbons and veins of gold, and the metal obs that bore into him seemed to barely contain a righteous fury, ready to pounce at the slightest sign of violence.  When he spoke, teeth of gold were made visible and his voice was like the deep rumbling of the earth.

"You had better keep your voice down...unless you want the small army of demons on the other side of those dunes to hear you..."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 02:37:40 PM by brainpiercing »

Offline Xanzibard

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Anauroch - The Great Desert - at some other place [Aria, Felgryn, Thor]
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 12:16:48 PM »
"Aye, I don't believe darkfriends should really be a concern at the moment, not when there's a massive hoard of demons coming our way." Aria said as she glanced briefly towards the demon hoard.

Offline mthor

• The inches ofmy penis are a countably infinite set
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 11:04:04 PM »
"All the more reason to invistigate, demons may be simple creature but their allies are not," thor stated. "And they are not above trickery to achive their ends. I may be young but I still have experiance dealing with the creatures of the dark" Thors voice grows quiet as he speaks the next lines. " As for me I am Thor Godfist heir to the dragon of dreams' legacy and master of spirits to numurous to count. Who is it that stands before me?"
good old dependable sexy

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 07:38:09 PM »
Felgryn looked pointedly at Magnar.

"What?" the barbarian ghost demanded, looking annoyed.

"Don't you want to do the honors?"
the gold-marbled onyx...hairless dwarf (?) replied.

"Bloody damnation! Just for once can't you make your own introduction? I'm not your herald..."

"Well you're always just so flowery and eloquent about it..."

"Sod off."  The ghost folded it's translucent arms over it's translucent chest.

"Very well.  I am Felgryn Grymgold. Fist of the Forest, Champion of Illumiel and her sisters, etc.  The grumpy ghost over there is Magnar.  Don't mind his moodiness, he hasn't eaten for awhile."

"Well over a year now..." the ghost chimed in sullenly.  "I miss me ale..."

« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 12:44:20 AM by Thistledown »

Offline Xanzibard

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 10:19:33 PM »
"I am Aria and these critters are with me." Aria pointed at the owl perched it the tree and the saddle that was floating nearby, "And because it will probably come up soon anyways, it very easy to mistake me for a demons associate; a few villages already have.  However, I assure you I am not." Aria glanced uneasily towards the demon hoard who, while still a ways off, was steadily getting closer. "In any case, we should get out of here sooner rather than later. We were just about to head into the ether if you wanted to join us."

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 07:17:12 AM »
The demons were slowly (relatively speaking) closing, still unaware of the chance meeting that was taking place in their path...

Offline mthor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 12:35:19 AM »
Thor gave them both a cursory once over with narrowed eyes obviously not compleatly taken in but his stance did soften to a less wary one. "I have been on edge for quite some time now. Prehaps I was to harsh with thee. I would welcome travel companions. Come let us put distance between us and those who would do us harm." Thor starts to move to a safe distance away from the demons (3~4 miles?) to prepare to set up camp.
good old dependable sexy

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 01:34:05 AM »
"As the lass mentioned, we were about to hide in the Ether..would ye care to join us there?"

This question came from the human looking Uthgardt (barbarian) ghost with the great axe.

Offline Xanzibard

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 04:59:42 PM »
Aria let out a sigh, "Well Magnar, it looks like he may have some trust issues, so i don't think we should push too hard; let him come at his own pace, y'know?. In any case, we should get going." Aria turned toward Felgryn, "Ready?" She waited for nod from the onyx man then proceeded to do her work.

She concentrated for a moment and large, jet black mandibles burst from her cheeks.  She bit at the air and seemed to tear a hole in space itself. The aftermath looked like a giant lens, just big enough to fit a horse through, that when peered into revealed a reflection of the world, though it was cloudy and washed out.

She called out to Thor "This portal won't stay open long, but if you change your mind simply stand here ask me to open a portal. I'll hear you." Her mandibles retracted as she gave him a warm smile, then stepped into the portal with her floating saddle and her owl.

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 07:01:37 AM »
(click to show/hide)

In spite of his apparent hesitation the newcomer now quickly stepped through the portal after Aria, pulling his horse through after him.

Offline mthor

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 02:41:50 PM »
Thor, though intitially hesitant, quickly takes the strange group of allies up on their offer of refuge he steped thorought the portal, more then aware that any company was better then the open sand and angry demons. after a cursory glance arround where the portal had dropt him he turned to his companion and said. Lead on good sirs not haveing to watch my back will be a much needed luxurious treat after the last week.
(click to show/hide)
good old dependable sexy

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 04:25:39 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 06:32:32 PM »
Once on the other side of the portal the others could see the hazy outline of Magnar still manifested on the Prime.  A moment later his form and outline crystalized and he seemed, for once, solid.

"Well!  Isn't this a treat!"  He slapped Felgryn on his rocky shoulder. "Finally get a taste of what it's like on the other side..."

Felgryn just looked annoyed.

"I suggest we hide ourselves...Demons of that power may well have ways of detecting or harming us, even here..." 

Offline mthor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 07:14:51 PM »
Thor glanced around This is the ethreal plane, no? how is it that you have gained such power over the planes? Thor hesitated for a second before continuing. If we are to travel together then we should learn a bit about the others capablities, I summon spirits and use them to agument my mortal form, currently I can control the air around me to render me invisible or strike at other. My aim is also agumented by another sprit who allows me to strike places that do the most damage. Given a day I can compleatly change my capabilities. How is it that you have come to such an unfriendly place
good old dependable sexy

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 06:01:15 PM »
"Oh, it's not that bad once ye get used to it." Replied Magnar. "Oh! Ye mean the Anauroch?  The Stonechild and I are seeking out a friend of a friend, someone we fear might be in danger."

Felgryn picked up where Magnar left off. "As for capabilities...I tear my enemies to shreds and Magnar here, when he isn't bellyaching over his lack of digestion, sings songs about it.  Again, we need to move...even on the Ethereal plane we shouldn't stay in clear view, just in case."

Felgryn began circling around the path the demons were taking, giving them a wide berth until they could safely track them from the rear without being spotted.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:03:08 PM by Thistledown »

Offline Xanzibard

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 03:59:18 PM »
Aria nodded at Felgryn's comment then proceeded to descend about five feet, the ground no longer hindering her movement, "That ought to be cover enough." she said with a grin, "As for what I am capable of, I borrow the natural abilities of creatures I come across whether it be the silent feathers of an owl or the plane rending jaws of an ether scarab. I can only keep them for a day though, so I am fairly dependent on my companions in that regard."

Offline mthor

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 04:26:08 PM »
Interesting companions and interesting places, could a man ask for more?  Thor paused for a moment as if considering. Though I could do without the places being so interesting If you catch my drift. Regardless we should attempt to get some sleep, I can take first shift on watch if you wish.
(click to show/hide)
good old dependable sexy

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 04:20:46 AM »
(click to show/hide)

"No need for taking shifts.  You know how people use the expression 'you can sleep when you're dead'?  Well it's a bloody lie.  The dead can't take so much as a catnap's respite. When the time comes for the living to rest I'll take watch.  For now, we have a suspicious band of outsiders to track..."

Magnar certainly was a gregarious ghost, prone to fits of cheer and melancholy alike, a trait of his tribe he shared in life.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 04:22:19 AM by Thistledown »

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 12:18:44 PM »
(click to show/hide)

As Aria found, in spite of nominally offering no resistance, the ground on a co-existant plane was still opaque. They were now safe from spotters, but could also not see a thing.

Offline mthor

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2011, 04:46:15 PM »
I assume it is in our best interest to track the demons, I belive I can help with this. All I need is a second Thors brow furrowed in conectration as he reached out to the bird in from his head. That way! He announced, all we need is to get off this plane....
good old dependable sexy