Author Topic: Trying out Gurps and my parties fails.  (Read 1861 times)

Offline hazard

• Lurker
  • half frost giant
    • View Profile
Trying out Gurps and my parties fails.
« on: July 08, 2013, 12:07:23 PM »
Well this is my first time actually logging my gaming sessions.  First some backstory, a friend really liked Gurps, but I was wary cause the mountain of rules of learning the system would be.  Everyone seem else wanted to give it a chance so I rolled with it.

Characters:

- Me-Argonaut - I tried to put more effort into this guy, he’s a 1950’s catholic boat salesman that is a part-time hunter of supernatural entities. Part rip off of the Supernatural show.  Big points Argonaut goes invisible, intangible, and has a rifle and drops grenades cause it doesn’t hurt him.
- Bill Nye – He’s a high tech science Mcgauver that is OCD about tech and very curious.
- Darthous – He’s a sith and a maraluka (blind), I try very hard to get him not to kill everything.
- Kitty – A female half dragon cat.  Talks, breathes fire and flies.
- Gabrielle – female high tech alchemist, I’m getting lot of explosives from her.  She’s a pacifist though and tries to get us not to kill any living thing.
- Aurora – late comer Tolkien elf hunter from before human time.
- Avarice – Dmpc human healer mage.  He’s a total klutz can barely walk without hurting, but he cooks our food.[/li][/list]

The Recruitment:
   Normal day but I had a strange appointment made with what I thought was a empty building.  Suspicious I went to check it out. When I got there a new store was mysteriously there.  Inside I found a secretary with a strange type writer with a tv on top of it (computer).  I was told to wait and then the unknown Bill came was told to wait with me.  In a few minutes we were let in to the office.  In said office we meet Allen, our soon to be new employer and manager. 

He wants us to acquire some land for him.  I’m supposedly gonna be the talkman for the group but I am ask if I have combat experience.

Later Bill and I are acquainted with Darthous the jackass sith, the alchemist and soon to find out sexual relief, and Avarice falls into the room.  We then are drag to the armory to meet the weapon master Angel a very pale winged man, apparently a fire mage.  Angel seems angry when as soon we enter he tells us to leave or shut the fuck up.  He has an egg under a heat lamp shaking and out of it come a disgusting scaled cat, this is the last time I see Angel smile.  Introductions abound and the kitty actually speaks at only a few moments old. 

We make preparations to leave, our vessel for departure is a surprisingly pink battle tank that I guess is of alien origin.  We draw straws to see who is getting trained to drive it.  Klutz excludes himself from the drawing as it the sith and cat.  In shrinking pool of candidates I get chosen to drive it.  I take to it almost naturally didn’t even crash it.  As we start a blinding portal opens and Angel tells me to drive through it.  On the other side is a foreign landscape of rock and trees and we are told to we have to hoof it to the destination so as not to scare our soon to be vendors. 

I’m the only one having a hard time thinking this isn’t a dream and when we come on the village it’s populated by GOBLINS, more than a hundred of them.  The group explains to me and Darthous that they are not demons/don’t killed them.  Plan is talk to the chief and convince him to move slightly down the hill.  Chief says the hill is sacred and they won’t move no matter how many gifts we give him.  Argonaut, the sith, and kitty go to the temple to convince them to help us.  We meet a demigoddess running things.  I go bug eyed and in a moment of self-doubt try to convert her to Catholicism and fail horribly.  Then she demands I should worship a real god like her.  I agree in a weird way ask Darthous if he wants to join in as I disrobe.  A few hours later we depart with a lie that the god will bless the relocation. 

Back at the village Bill and crew have talk the next in line and promised toilets in exchange to the move and it seems all agree on the move.  We actually finish without any blood shed much to the disappointment to the Darthous.

That was about a month ago and I forget a lot of the “ums and ohs” and especially the lets just kill them (the chief and son indicated to be very strong I know strong goblins ha). 

This next is the latest mission and this one turned into a GIANT cluster fuck and the Appearance of Aurora.
(click to show/hide)

Next session is who knows, but all in all had a lot of fun with Gurps.  It’s a lot like 2nd edition with the roll under system and character building seems needlessly hard but playing is easy as pie apparently.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 12:15:08 PM by hazard »
Replying to me can be Hazardous to your health.