Author Topic: *Combat: Chapter 1* Finished  (Read 30402 times)

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
Re: Combat: Chapter 1
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2013, 06:59:33 PM »
Groaning, Alphonse pulls himself shakily to his feet.  I'll live.  That hurt though!

Alphonse backs towards the wall, as if trying to put as much space between himself and that terrible dagger as possible, and limps exaggeratedly on his wounded leg. 
Hopefully, this vicious stranger will believe Alphonse is more frightened and hurt than he really is, and will be at a disadvantage if it comes to blows again.

(click to show/hide)
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline dna1

• Honorary Mod
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2013, 07:30:45 PM »
He sneers a bit as he answer Riek, speaking in Darkonese still. Old habits... I've never been fond of just knocking on the door. Plus I thought this might be a good chance to stretch my legs... so to speak. he spits on the floor and continues. You all performed very well by the way. He looks over to Alphonse. That went pretty deep.. hahaha. Lets get a drink and have you bandaged up.

((ooc: alright unless you plan to continue combat lets move back over to the story thread. I will repost this there.))
Roses are Red. Gaming is fun. You're over encumbered and cannot Run.

Offline dna1

• Honorary Mod
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2013, 02:14:38 AM »
Kway-yah & Zero
((copied over from the story thread.))

Kwah-yah begins to ponder as he goes deeper into the next room. As he makes his way into this chamber of the Library he notices that the rats are not only travelling into this room. But seem to be gathering towards the back side as well. The numbers as they stand now are easily within the hundred's, and more were flooding into the room every second. From both openings in the area.
He screams with rage as his tentacles begin snatching things out of the mist. You squeeze until they pop, there tiny bodies snapping and twisting unnaturally within your grasp. You notice that one of them was even a Dire Rat.

Zero can see a large pile of Rats starting to form in an adjacent corner as he swoops down and throws a cracker into the dark blob. Its light reveals a dirty fat human, covered in filth. Beneath the tattered rags you can see armor and weapon hilts.
You fly towards the corner where the voice was making the chirping sound, feebly trying to get you to eat some bread crumbs. Suddenly the room fills with the angry voice of Kwah-Yah yelling, then a black bladed dagger flys out of the shadows at you.

(click to show/hide)

((initiative please.
Initiative This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+5 : 2 + 5, total 7
And I will make a map on pyromancers sometime tomorrow after I get home from work.
EDIT: went to edit a typo, set off the alarm. My roll is a 7 though. And if you guys roll higher than me feel free to post your actions now.))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:17:40 AM by dna1 »

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2013, 07:00:21 AM »
K, nice, so 18 doesn't hit my Flat-Footed AC.  (I assume my opponent has Darkstalker, since  my Blindsight didn't detect him) [If the dagger was even aimed at me, that is.]

Initiative:
Rolled 1d20+6 : 4 + 6, total 10

How far away Kwah-Yah is away from where Zero and the fat human is? Waiting on the map to make my action.
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2013, 09:10:23 AM »
Also, since i dealt damage to an opponent, my rage Auto-triggers. It lasts for 4 rounds (Since i'm using Whirling Frenzy instead of normal rage), and gives me +2 Dodge, +4 Str and +2 Reflex, as well as an extra attack on a full attack (If i choose to attack with a weapon instead of normal attacks). Since that was (Presumably) last round, i am currently with Rage on, with 3 rounds left (incl. this one). Dodge AC doesn't apply to flat-footed AC so it stays at 20, otherwise i'm currently at 26 AC.

Double posting because of no-editing-posts-with-rolls thing.
Since i'm here i might as well ask:
Black Blood Cultist gives two claws when you're raging, though this is obviously because it's a PrC for humanoid characters, which only have two arms. Since i have six arms, do i get six claw attacks from the ability?
Quote from: Feral Rage
From http://dndtools.eu/classes/black-blood-cultist/
Black Blood cultists strengthen their fingers and toughen their nails with special training. As a result, when raging, you gain two claw attacks at your highest base attack bonus. Each claw deals 1d6 points of damage plus your Strength modifier. You can use a one-handed weapon and a claw, but when doing so the claw counts as a secondary weapon (adding only half your Strength bonus to damage, and with a —5 modifier on the attack roll).

And a follow up question: If i do get 6 claw attacks, can i make 6 claws and 6 tentacle attacks on the same round, or do i have to choose for each limb what kind of attack i'm making?
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2013, 01:14:59 PM »
that missed by 27 ff AC (uncanny dodge)

initiative 1d20+7 : 11 + 7, total 18
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline dna1

• Honorary Mod
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2013, 10:43:55 PM »
((ooc
brujon - the dagger was flying at zero, sorry for the confusion.
for the claws, it specifically says " strengthen their fingers and toughen their nails with special training." So I'm actually inclined to think that since your using tentacles, without fingers, only the 2 humanoid arms would work. If you don't have fingers at all, and only tentacles then we can just say it grows on the 2 "main" arms

zook - ahh right, forgot about uncanny dodge.

Initiative
Zero 18
Kwah 10
DM 7

i will try and get a map up here soon.))

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2013, 11:57:10 PM »
Even then its a 21  :smirk
- All Spells
- playground

Offline dna1

• Honorary Mod
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2013, 10:23:26 PM »
((wow i was plagued with problems on this map. Guys here you go, the fatguy is hiding under a large table there, zero is up over by some bookshelfs where the dagger was thrown at him. You guys can hear rats swarming in the opposite one from zero. Your action zero, and ignore all those drawn lines and S for secret door things. this is just a map i grabbed. imagine most of the rooms filled up to look like the pictures instead of just barren stone walls.))

current map, and its huge.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2013, 11:50:12 PM »
OOC: I'm having a bit of trouble with the squares here.

Let me try to explain:

F is the Fat Hiding Guy, X is empty squares, the way i'm understanding it.
K is me.

F
XX
XX
XX
XK

So, am i understanding it correctly? If so, this means i'm 25ft way, since diagonal squares count as 10ft. Which means i'm within distance for taking a 5ft step and full-attacking with my tentacles.

Or am i getting it wrong? It's kind of hard to say, because my character is standing in a black void.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2013, 01:54:56 AM »
Every even diagonal 5ft counts as 10ft.

I'll post tmw at wrk

grrr... outdated adobe won't let me... i'll do it at home later :(
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 11:30:25 AM by zook1shoe »
- All Spells
- playground

Offline dna1

• Honorary Mod
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2013, 08:26:56 PM »
((that black void is the tunnel your coming out of.. you can see tiles in the adjacent rooms.  each square is 5ft. the tokens don't fit directly onto the squares cause i just used a map i found instead of making one. they are a bit off... so use your best judgement.

yes that one under the table is the fat guy zero illuminated via cracker, the hidden one is in the same room as zero.))

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2013, 12:29:32 AM »
((this is what we do over in MW
(click to show/hide)
- All Spells
- playground

Offline dna1

• Honorary Mod
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2013, 12:47:15 AM »
((this is what we do over in MW
(click to show/hide)

((thats ok.. i like pyromancers though. for more important battles i will make maps. but since this is like one of the first battles im just using ones cause its easier. anyways.. its your action sir.))

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2013, 01:19:08 AM »
((grrr... can't get it to work so i can view it, tried here at home and tried downloading adobe whatever
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 01:20:46 AM by zook1shoe »
- All Spells
- playground

Offline dna1

• Honorary Mod
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2013, 01:52:10 AM »
what browser are you using? try a different one?  and.. adobe whatever. umm theres like a thousand adobe products dude. depending on what internet browser your using its really easy.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/   go here. download and install.  if you have done that, then use a different browser. i use chrome and flash is built in with it...

otherwise dude im sorry but i dont want to use the text version of maps.. i was going to do a mini version here for you but it wasnt working well.

heres the map, you guys are at the bottom. your in the upper right room, the fat guys in the middle under that thing that kinda looks like a table. and kwahyah is in the "black void"  :D
(click to show/hide)

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2013, 11:51:35 AM »
((thank you for putting that here

no worries about the ghetto text maps, its just what worked in a gladiator arena so i figured i'd offer :)

i was trying to use Adobe Shockwave, which was 'recommended' by googling 'swf player'))

Zero flies back away from where the dagger was thrown and attempts zooms closely past the fat guy and slashes at him with a viciously sharp blade attached to one of his feet. then with the other foot attempts to snatch at any small item that he can see on the man, like a necklace, ring, sheathed dagger, etc.

Then circles back higher above the table out of reach

(click to show/hide)
- All Spells
- playground

Offline dna1

• Honorary Mod
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2013, 03:01:27 AM »
(( sorry for the delay.  ))

Zero swoops down across the fat mans torso, leaving a razor thin slice as he goes. His tiny feet grab the clasp that was holding his cloak together. Zero carrys into the air as he passes by.

((kwahyah your action sir. btw guys you can post up your actions if its your turn. then when i update il narrate it all together.))

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2013, 08:55:47 AM »
Kwah-Yah lets out a maniacal laughter Finally!. Kwah-Yeah charges forward, springing his tentacle-legs before running to add momentum, and opening his arms wide. He stops just behind the table where the Fat Man is hiding, and full-attacks (Pounce).

MAP URL: http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=39060

Base Attack Bonus: +6
Strength Bonus: +8
Charge Bonus: +2
Total Attack bonus: +16

I go for broke, and attack with all six tentacles.

Tentacle 1:
Rolled 1d20+16 : 5 + 16, total 21

Tentacle 2:
Rolled 1d20+16 : 19 + 16, total 35

Tentacle 3:
Rolled 1d20+16 : 2 + 16, total 18

Tentacle 4:
Rolled 1d20+16 : 6 + 16, total 22

Tentacle 5:
Rolled 1d20+16 : 2 + 16, total 18

Tentacle 6:
Rolled 1d20+16 : 9 + 16, total 25

-> After the first tentacle hits, i attempt to initiate a grapple with a free action with only the limb that connected the attack. I do the same, independently, for every tentacle that connects.

-> Every attack that hits, i deal 1d3 (tentacle dmg) + 1d4 (spike stones) + 9 (Str & +1 enhancement) damage .
-> Every time i successfully grapple, i deal constrict damage, equal to 2d4+8, plus 2d4 damage from the Spike Stones graft. (Does the +1 Enhancement Bonus from Necklace of Natural Attacks on tentacles applies to the constrict attacks? If so, then +1 damage)
-> For every SECOND tentacle that connects, after i deal normal constriction damage, i use Rending Constriction, doing Rend damage equal to 4d4 + 12. This releases the tentacle that established this hold, and the one before. [I don't know if the Spike Stones extra dmg will apply, here, so i won't count it in)

Since i don't yet know which attacks will hit, i'll roll constriction damage independently for each tentacle, in order, and i'll make 3 Rending Constriction rolls, assuming the best case scenario of all attacks hitting, in order. So, first pair will be Roll 1, second pair will be Roll 2, third pair will be Roll 3.

Normal attack & Constriction
Tentacle 1:
Rolled 1d3+1 : 3 + 1, total 4

Constriction:
Rolled 4d4+8 : 2, 1, 4, 2 + 8, total 17

Tentacle 2:

Constriction:
Rolled 4d4+8 : 2, 1, 1, 4 + 8, total 16

Tentacle 3:

Constriction:
Rolled 4d4+8 : 2, 1, 3, 4 + 8, total 18

Tentacle 4:

Rolled 4d4+8 : 4, 1, 2, 1 + 8, total 16

Tentacle 5:
Rolled 1d3+1 : 1 + 1, total 2

Constriction:
Rolled 4d4+8 : 2, 1, 3, 2 + 8, total 16

Tentacle 6:

Constriction:
Rolled 4d4+8 : 4, 3, 4, 3 + 8, total 22

FIRST PAIR:
Rolled 4d4+12 : 1, 1, 3, 4 + 12, total 21

SECOND PAIR:
Rolled 4d4+12 : 3, 4, 2, 2 + 12, total 23

THIRD PAIR:
Rolled 4d4+12 : 2, 2, 2, 3 + 12, total 21

(I think i'm going to explode the dude...)

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2013, 09:01:01 AM »
Shit, i put in 4d4 +8 on constriction instead of 2d4 +8, and i can't edit it in now. Proceed as you think would be best dna1. Remove two highest dice, average out, remove the last two dice, etc...

Also, the tentacle damage rolls didn't add the +1d4 damage... I guess the forum roller doesn't understand 1d3+1d4+1

At least this is easily fixable.

Attack 1:
Rolled 1d4 : 2, total 2

Attack 2:

Attack 3:
Rolled 1d4 : 4, total 4

Attack 4:
Rolled 1d4 : 4, total 4

Attack 5:

Attack 6:

So, this damage is in addition to any of the tentacles that do hit, in order again from first to last attack. I chose not to follow up with a bite natural attack.