Author Topic: OOC Chat - Sir Talksalot lives here  (Read 133827 times)

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Chat - Sir Talksalot lives here
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 02:34:39 PM »
see if the Wylie E Coyote disciple is allowed? that could give a little humor, without making an otherwise silly character

Falling Anvil
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:37:36 PM by zook1shoe »
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline brujon

• Honorary Mod
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 02:45:28 PM »
Firstly - Campaign Information and Rules are now updated. It should now hold enough information to make it possible to make a good backstory about how you ended up branded a criminal and thrown into the mass grave (Alignment should still stick to Neutral or Evil - You did end up in Hell, after all)

Okay, things I would like to play that would probably fit in this game.

- Harrowed (already approved): Ranged damage plus bunch of random stuff since I don't want to go the natural attack route
  - Sublime Knight: Melee damage/tank (I'd like to see how the class plays out)
  - Gamber: Melee damage, looks like fun

That's all I've got for starting at level one.  Brujon, let me know if you approve/disapprove of any of them.

Gambler was already proposed and refused before... Dice Manipulation can be too strong, there are too many unforeseen interactions - i'm not too confident the class will be balanced enough for adding =\.

Sublime Knight, however, is a REALLY good class. I REALLLY enjoyed it, and it is approved. Although, it will need a good backstory about how such a valorous man ended up being convicted, executed and thrown into a mass grave by the Church (although, the Church IS pretty darn evil most of the time...)

Falling Anvil is funny, but, nope. Haha, keep the silly tone a bit down, it's supposed to be a gloomdark edgy campaign (ba dum tiss).

Also, SorO_Lost, come on man, post serious stats there, lol...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:49:24 PM by brujon »
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 02:49:19 PM »
... halflings in Scotland? That seems terribly out of place. :lmao

Weeeeeell, character's definitely hailing from Ireland, then. Guess the 'Lesser' part is due to the corruption of hell (Hellbred) overwriting some of their previous nature.

This just leaves feats. >.<

... it's a pity that I know what bad choices would be but not good ones. :/
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:51:33 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 02:53:28 PM »
nans for real you should play a dread champion (already approved). you could EASILY help me max out my abilities.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, 03:21:19 PM »
@brujon: As far as I can tell the Gambler doesn't have any dice manipulation, that was Nord's Blade.  Give it another look and feel free to point out if I'm wrong.  Also I could be an Evil Sublime Knight. :p

@sirpercival: I actually forgot that one.  I'll add it to consideration...

Offline brujon

• Honorary Mod
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2013, 03:57:08 PM »
@brujon: As far as I can tell the Gambler doesn't have any dice manipulation, that was Nord's Blade.  Give it another look and feel free to point out if I'm wrong.  Also I could be an Evil Sublime Knight. :p

@sirpercival: I actually forgot that one.  I'll add it to consideration...

You're right, i got mixed up. Yes, i did approve the Gambler, even though i was a bit aprehensive at first. Got confused. Sorry.

Picture a Halfling.
Now picture it wielding a Greatsword bigger than he is and proclaiming:
"There can be only one"
Frodo McLeod.

Lol, jokes aside, i think Halflings make good scots. They're a hardy, hardworking folk, and i thought the Highlands were somewhat similar to the Shire. Plus, it's isolated enough that they can live somewhat detached from the reality of the places around them.

*GM Note: I like England and English history but i'm not an expert on the matter... But it's fantasy and fiction, and everything will work out okay. >:D
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2013, 03:59:57 PM »
The Shire is similar to... uh... the various 'shires. Like Cambridgeshire. The highlands are completely different. One's basically farmland and low hills. The other's mountains. Mountains and heather.

*Note: lives in one, has sort of seen the latter. Is probably going to be living in Scotland by the end of the year, but not the highlands. :p

Also, I am worried I may have made a terrible mistake. D:

Offline brujon

• Honorary Mod
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 04:04:59 PM »
The Shire is similar to... uh... the various 'shires. Like Cambridgeshire. The highlands are completely different. One's basically farmland and low hills. The other's mountains. Mountains and heather.

*Note: lives in one, has sort of seen the latter. Is probably going to be living in Scotland by the end of the year, but not the highlands. :p

IDK, i saw various images of the scottish highlands, and it pretty much is exactly like Tolkien describes The Shire. Hell, i can half see hobbit holes in the images... Might be just me though.

EDIT: Ahh, i see what you're saying: "On Tolkien's maps, the Shire is located at about the same position as England is on modern European maps and has been cited as an example of Merry England ideology. Throughout the narrative, Tolkien also implies numerous points of similarity between the two, such as weather, agriculture and dialect.
In particular, the central part of the Shire corresponds to the West Midlands region of England, extending to Worcestershire (where Tolkien located his "home" in particular, his mother's family being from Evesham), Shropshire, Warwickshire, Herefordshire and Staffordshire" From Wikipedia

I didn't know this, but i'm not geographically completely wrong, lol, i'm just a bit farther north. Still, i think landscape-wise the Highlands are a better fit, and the harsher winters there would have bred a more hardy and combat-oriented kind of Halfling, which i think is more appropriate to the setting.
Also, the region Tolkien used as inspiration for the Shire is within the boundaries of either Astaria or the contended lands of Saxons/Anglo Saxons.

EDIT2: Good to know we have a brit playing with us. Will make me want to try harder to describe places i've never been to, but only seen in pictures and movies!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 04:10:00 PM by brujon »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2013, 04:10:16 PM »

IDK, i saw various images of the scottish highlands, and it pretty much is exactly like Tolkien describes The Shire. Hell, i can half see hobbit holes in the images... Might be just me though.

I think it is just you. This sort of thing reminds me more of the Shire than this. This is closer than Scotland. Actually about Yorkshire, but York means Vikings. XD

EDIT: Pf, don't worry too much about description; I've not seen the west country or cornwall for years and mostly only passed through the North on the way to Scotland.

... anyway, on a more relevant note: I forgot how few blast shapes/essences there are. And if we get to level five? I get to choose between Eldritch Glaive, Eldritch Spear, and Hideous Blow. None of which particularly help with a bow. :(

So guess that's off the table. Hum, back to feat picking, anyway.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 04:12:32 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline brujon

• Honorary Mod
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2013, 05:38:13 PM »
"Eldritch Arrow
Least, 2nd; Blast Shape
  This Blast Shape invocation allows you to shroud one arrow with your Eldritch Blast. As a Standard Action, you can make a single ranged attack with a Bow or a Crossbow. If you hit, the target is affected as if struck by your eldritch blast (including any eldritch essence applied to the blast). This damage is in addition to any weapon damage that you deal with your attack, although you need not deal damage with this attack to trigger the eldritch blast effect."

"Eldritch Bow
Lesser, 5th; Blast Shape
   Your eldritch blast takes on physical substance, appearing similar to a Longbow. As a full-round action, you can make a single ranged melee touch attack as if wielding a Longbow. If you hit, your target is affected as if struck by your eldritch blast (including any eldritch essence applied to the blast). Unlike Eldritch Arrow, you cannot combine your eldritch bow with damage from a held bow or crossbow.
    Furthermore, until the start of your next turn, you can make as many ranged attacks with your Eldritch Bow as your base attack bonus allows (including any extra ranged attacks, such as from the Rapid Shot feat or Manyshot). If you hit, you deal damage to your target as appropriate for a Longbow for your size, as well as any additional damage that might apply. For example, a 12th level Warlock could attack twice, once with a base attack bonus of +6, and again with a base attack bonus with +1. "

"Eldritch Archery
Greater, 8th; Blast Shape

Your eldritch blast takes on physical substance, appearing similar to a Longbow. Until the start of your next turn, you can make as many ranged touch attacks with your Eldritch Bow as your base attack bonus allows (including any extra attacks, such as from the Rapid Shot feat or Manyshot). For each attack that hits, the target is affected as if struck by your eldritch blast (including any eldritch essence applied to the blast), in addition to damage appropriate for a Longbow of your size, as well as any additional damage that might apply. Unlike Eldritch Arrow, you cannot combine your eldritch bow with damage from a held bow or crossbow. For example, a 12th level Warlock could attack twice, once with a base attack bonus of +6, and again with a base attack bonus with +1. "

There. Three homebrew feats for the Bowlock.

Does this help any? :D

Note:

Eldritch Arrow is just a ranged Hideous Blow.
Eldritch Bow is just a ranged Eldritch Glaive.
Eldritch Archery is basically, fire eldritch enspelled arrows away.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 05:48:23 PM by brujon »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2013, 05:45:44 PM »
I'm still doing a Naseli, y'know. I have a bow. It's just that the arrows I shoot appear to be able to deliver the blast effects at the other end. Or essences, though I DO wish that there were more than, uh... four or five of them.

The main problem would just be that the first useful Blast Shape (Chain) isn't available until level 9, since I don't get Lesser invocations until 6th but I get two blast shapes at 5th with the ACF. :lmao

Actually, has anyone homebrewed up more Blast Essences at any point? :O

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2013, 06:26:14 PM »
Now I'm down to

- Sublime Knight: Melee damage/tank
  - Gamber: Melee damage/face/skillmonkey
  - Dread Champion: Melee damage/debuffer

I decided against the Harrowed, I feel like playing a frontliner.  Is Drad Champion okayed?

Offline brujon

• Honorary Mod
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2013, 06:37:44 PM »
Now I'm down to

I decided against the Harrowed, I feel like playing a frontliner.  Is Drad Champion okayed?

Yes. All the disciplines are approved, too.

Also, i think i screwed up on the levels of the invocations there somewhat.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2013, 07:11:45 PM »
Since it seems to have been passed over, I'll ask again:

On a related note, can we have Dynamic Priest apply to save DCs as well as bonus spells, or at least write another feat that changes DCs over?
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2013, 07:11:58 PM »
Picture a Halfling.
Now picture it wielding a Greatsword bigger than he is and proclaiming:
"There can be only one"
Frodo McLeod.

check out the Hornblade ability in Races of FR then add a Strongarm Bracers
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline brujon

• Honorary Mod
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2013, 07:15:52 PM »
Since it seems to have been passed over, I'll ask again:

On a related note, can we have Dynamic Priest apply to save DCs as well as bonus spells, or at least write another feat that changes DCs over?

Another feat, sure. No problem.

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2013, 09:41:09 PM »
I'm still doing a Naseli, y'know. I have a bow. It's just that the arrows I shoot appear to be able to deliver the blast effects at the other end. Or essences, though I DO wish that there were more than, uh... four or five of them.

The main problem would just be that the first useful Blast Shape (Chain) isn't available until level 9, since I don't get Lesser invocations until 6th but I get two blast shapes at 5th with the ACF. :lmao

Actually, has anyone homebrewed up more Blast Essences at any point? :O

I don't remember if I suggested this already, but you could take a look at Holomancer stuff.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2013, 09:47:30 PM »
Oooh... can I please get Essences from there, too? Light is such a fitting theme for this. :D

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2013, 10:14:20 PM »
Now I'm down to

I decided against the Harrowed, I feel like playing a frontliner.  Is Dread Champion okayed?

Yes. All the disciplines are approved, too.

Also, i think i screwed up on the levels of the invocations there somewhat.

Okay, this is going to be a hard decision.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2013, 10:19:03 PM »
The church was not known for its love of gambling.

... Also, I really like that class. And failing all else, you can base their attitude off Oogie Boogie. :lmao