Author Topic: OOC Chat - Sir Talksalot lives here  (Read 133829 times)

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Chat - Sir Talksalot lives here
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2013, 02:55:54 PM »
it looks like i'm done with my char
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline brujon

• Honorary Mod
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2013, 03:02:33 PM »
... my equipment is light armour, a bow, and arrows. If I'm in melee I'm very screwed and my only option is to poke everyone and hope they burn to death. What do I do with the rest? :P

Dungeonscape is always a nice mundane money sink.

Also, Shax indispensable haversack has many useful alchemical and mechanical goodies. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148101

btw, no Aboleth Mucus or Dust of Sneezing and Choking, lol. Also, in the interest of reasonability, since as far as you and everyone else in the campaign world knows there are no other planes or interplanar travel, items linked to extraplanar creatures are not available. If a creature is a native Outsider, then it doesn't exist in the campaign world, and neither does items that depend upon it (fiendish grafts would be an example).

@Zook1shoe: +1 morphing heavy steel shield (166.02gp, 15lbs), +1 morphing dwarven waraxe (166.02gp, 8lbs), +1 smoking shuriken (166.02gp, 0.1lbs) - I'm not allowing benefits from held shuriken (or any ammunition, for that matter), to transfer over to the character. Also, how is it you're only paying 166.02gp for a +1 morphing heavy steel shield? A +2 equivalent shield would be +4000gp to the base cost, + 150 for masterwork. Similarly, a +2 equivalent Dwarven Waraxe would cost 8000gp + base cost + 150gp for masterwork, and +330 to the final market price for a common weapon, as per the SRD... Also, magic is not plentiful, like i said in the recruiting thread, a +1 weapon is Noble material, +2 is Hero material, and +3 is legendary Sword in the Stone kind of stuff, like a minor artifact would normally be on a FR campaign.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 03:11:11 PM by brujon »
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2013, 03:06:35 PM »
The problem with all these things: I can never pick. :(

Maybe I'll just look at materials etc. for stuff and see if that can help.

... hmm, do I have to beat all AC or just Touch AC when I shoot people in order to deal damage?

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2013, 03:08:24 PM »
... my equipment is light armour, a bow, and arrows. If I'm in melee I'm very screwed and my only option is to poke everyone and hope they burn to death. What do I do with the rest? :P

Also, Shax indispensable haversack has many useful alchemical and mechanical goodies. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148101

btw, no Aboleth Mucus or Dust of Sneezing and Choking, lol. Also, in the interest of reasonability, since as far as you and everyone else in the campaign world knows there are no other planes or interplanar travel, items linked to extraplanar creatures are not available. If a creature is a native Outsider, then it doesn't exist in the campaign world, and neither does items that depend upon it (fiendish grafts would be an example).
What about elementals?
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2013, 03:10:37 PM »
despite being a disciple of Dispater?

or maybe homebrew something?
- All Spells
- playground

Offline brujon

• Honorary Mod
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2013, 03:13:10 PM »
despite being a disciple of Dispater?

or maybe homebrew something?

That can be refluffed pretty easy, as there is in fact a hell, and you have in fact been there. If you want to enter the class Disciple of Dispater later, we can just rename it to Infernal Ironmaster or something. Mechanics wise there isn't much to do with  Dispater, apart from having to do with Iron, which is his thing.

Also, read my edit in the post above, where i talk about equipment...
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2013, 03:14:23 PM »
i was just about to suggest the 'hell' that we came from. actually i'm going for that Deepwarden
- All Spells
- playground

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2013, 03:16:28 PM »
Hm.

I hate the completely ridiculous weights that was assigned to stuff. Take arrows. Ten sticks with small bits of metal on the end: 3lb. What's basically a somewhat heavier alternative to clothing (most light armours): 20lb. Did they ever actually weigh anything? :eh

Offline brujon

• Honorary Mod
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2013, 03:18:52 PM »

What about elementals?

No problem, it's a common staple fantasy thing. They're refluffed to being basic elements imbued by spirits of nature, not an extraplanar thing. For convenience sake, they retain the Outsider type, as changing it would mean redoing all statblocks of summoned elementals.

Also, fiendish/celestial versions of summons in the Summon Monster list are unaffected, as per the whole Heaven and Hell do exist thing in the campaign, so it's not affected. Planar Binding & Planar Ally, however, do not exist as spells, as well as Plane Shift, Astral Seed and other spells/powers that rely upon other planes of existence. The Ethereal, however, exists.

So, basically the Planar Cosmology would be - Prime Material - Hell - Heaven - Ethereal - Except the Ethereal is not really a different plane, but the same plane on a different "frequency" if you will. Teleport effects don't involve the Astral at all, and instead are just quantum stuff that nobody understands or care about anyway, lol. Also, Heaven and Hell are closed off to Planar Travel, and there are no Planar Magic, at least that anyone knows about.

Lol, i seriously did not expect all these questions to come up right now! (Forget about all of this after we start so we can have fun discovering things!)

EDIT:
Ahh, i know understand where the low cost came from. Morphing Shuriken transmuted into Dwarven Waraxe, to get the 1/50 cost. Clever, but really, no. Like i said above i'll not allow for this kind of enchanting for Shuriken or ammunition in general. If you just want to get a few enchanted arrows or shuriken to throw at people, then sure... But this rule twist breaks intent of making magic items really rare, and also the matter of WBL, where low-level characters are supposed to be starved for strong equip. I still don't get the Shield, though, how you got the 162.02 GP cost.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 03:25:27 PM by brujon »

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2013, 03:21:51 PM »
this ethereal is like the spirit plane? ghost, etc
- All Spells
- playground

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2013, 03:34:22 PM »
Leather armour, bow, 20 arrows. Can't carry any more without basically shooting myself in the foot because I do not want to be slowed down and stuck in melee range, but only spent 42 GP. 342 if I make the bow masterwork. :|

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2013, 03:35:37 PM »
I was just wondering whether Knowledge (The Planes) is still a thing. Maybe elementals can be identified using Know (Nature)?
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2013, 03:52:23 PM »
Leather armour, bow, 20 arrows. Can't carry any more without basically shooting myself in the foot because I do not want to be slowed down and stuck in melee range, but only spent 42 GP. 342 if I make the bow masterwork. :|

i'll take it :smirk
- All Spells
- playground

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2013, 03:55:51 PM »

Rejected. I will find a use for it. D<

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2013, 04:03:21 PM »
damn  :D
- All Spells
- playground

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2013, 04:23:21 PM »

Best find something light, seeing as how coins have weight too  :p
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2013, 04:30:28 PM »

Best find something light, seeing as how coins have weight too  :p

Infinite chalk?

Offline brujon

• Honorary Mod
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2013, 04:46:31 PM »
Horse or Mule to carry junk? Then buy junk!
Trained animal then put points into Handle Animal? Pretty darn useful in low levels, don't know if it's a class skill for you, but it's CHA based IIRC, so...

@Zook1shoe, you still haven't answered my questions about how you calculated your equipment costs =\

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2013, 05:02:22 PM »
Mules are cheap, but my concern here is kinda simple: once armed, carrying anything more is bad news for combat (due to iron vulnerability), so whilst I'd own a lot of junk, I wouldn't be able to use it. >.<

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2013, 06:04:13 PM »
i totally didn't see that question, sorry.

the shield was the same as the waraxe, since a shield can be used as a weapon (shield bash) it would be eligible for the morph.

but since you aren't letting that cheese through, i can definitely change things
- All Spells
- playground